• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember some people not being too into the art of Squirrel Girl but I don't remember seeing anyone being negative about her body in this thread.

Really excited for that book, it's gonna be really fun.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Plz bring back large and in charge Amanda Waller, DC.

Messi

I remember some people not being too into the art of Squirrel Girl but I don't remember seeing anyone being negative about her body in this thread.

Really excited for that book, it's gonna be really fun.

I don't like how they made her chubby all the sudden.

Then again, there was a time when she was an hirsute beast with hairy arms and rodent eyes.

Not in the cover, but she has the face of a cherub and really meaty legs elsewhere.

Unless you use "chubby" interchangeably with "fat", which is not the same.

Since when was she chubby?

That's probably the fastest my enthusiasm dropped from 100% to around 10% between reading the thread title and the OP.

That's not how I wanted my Squirrel Girl to look :(

And another 2 with pictures of some woman. Yeah.

Ah well iI love how she looks.

Sweet Christmas.
Phil Noto's variants
DObWDUw.jpg

this thread's been moving hella fast this month

NorCal needs a big con... this weekend is "Super" Sac-Con (Sat & Sun instead of just Sun), which will be awesome, but it's the most rinky-dink convention ever. I still love it, but I miss when WonderCon used to be in SF. :(

Yeah, that probably sucks when you have a great convention and then it just moves away forever.

Now, that said, Wondercon Anaheim is the best convention IN THE WORLD, so...

icCSyjpVLfFeC.gif

fauxtrot

Banned
this thread's been moving hella fast this month

Yeah, that probably sucks when you have a great convention and then it just moves away forever.

Now, that said, Wondercon Anaheim is the best convention IN THE WORLD, so...

icCSyjpVLfFeC.gif

Never thought I'd get Russo'ed in this thread... touche.

I think it's something with the hips/thighs... each leg looks OK by themselves but together, something looks off.

That's what I thought, too. But I think it might just be the way the material is wrinkled in the crotch area. Because if you look at the material outlining her right thigh, the size of her leg looks fine.

SRG01

I really dig this one:

But is it me, or is something way off with the anatomy there?

I think it's something with the hips/thighs... each leg looks OK by themselves but together, something looks off.

That's what I thought, too. But I think it might just be the way the material is wrinkled in the crotch area. Because if you look at the material outlining her right thigh, the size of her leg looks fine.

Could be the angle, but her upper and lower left leg (right on the image) are in incorrect proportions.

edit: Upper leg length = lower leg length, which isn't the case in the image.

No I haven't. The mixed reviews kind of put me off it. At least I'm pretty sure I remember it getting mixed reviews.
Would you recommend it?

Ya I would. Like I've said I haven't read much Spider-man. Superior was really the first. I enjoyed it a lot. Good art good stories. Really liked it

MG310

One of Paolo Rivera's few commissions from NYCC. He was at the Splash Page Art booth....was hoping they would have those Michael Lark Winter Soldier pages with them so I could check out the freeway chase ones in person but they only brought the 3 books full of Lazarus pages.

Messi

Catching up to the chatter in this thread is so hard :( I feel so left out ;_; Damn work!

You should just skip it. It was a mostly quiet uneventful evening to be perfectly honest.

One of Paolo Rivera's few commissions from NYCC. He was at the Splash Page Art booth....was hoping they would have those Michael Lark Winter Soldier pages with them so I could check out the freeway chase ones in person but they only brought the 3 books full of Lazarus pages.

That commission is straight up fire.

Owzers

It's quite possible that Manhattan Projects is my new favorite book, but i don't know if i would commit to rebuying it in OHC form, which is how you know you love something.

Did they ever figure out the deal with her powers? She's ages faster everything she uses her powers right?

They're dealing with that in December. All-New X-men Annual #1 and Uncanny X-Men Annual #1 comprise a two-part Eva story about what happened back around issue 17 when she
went missing in the Savage Land and came back with long hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom