• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Babs Tarr posted a commission she did at NYCC (apparently it was the only one) it's a sketch cover of Batgirl and Harley being best buds :). It's adorable.

brb-using-imagination-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2132.gif

Mafro

You did it, Mafro
Been looking forward to it for ages. When I first heard about the series most of it was out of print already, tried hunting around eBay for the issues that weren't available on Etsy to no luck. Thankfully that collection was announced shortly after that. Was getting worried as I ordered it just over a month ago and I live in the UK so thought it was lost in the post or something. Can't wait to start on it tonight after work.

Got around to reading Spider-Verse #3 and #4. I enjoyed both of em. #3 was a pretty cool story art was nice.
#4,,, WTF. Anyone read this? creepy as shit. "Spider-Man" end up
eating cats and people to get strength
... it was kinda nuts.

Annihilator #2 was good.. shits getting deep. I think it will read really good as a TPB.
Anyone know how many issues this is? Mini series?

Klarion #1 was decent. I read this knowing nothing about him or the Seven Soldiers. Art and layout was pretty good.. I like the darkness to it. May or may not get #2

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Got around to reading Spider-Verse #3 and #4. I enjoyed both of em. #3 was a pretty cool story art was nice.
#4,,, WTF. Anyone read this? creepy as shit. "Spider-Man" end up
eating cats and people to get strength
... it was kinda nuts.

I just love this Miniseries, so many great ideas yet.

You can write off just about any Marvel event as derrivarive garbage that goes out like a dud and ends up hurting the line. At this point they can shove events right up their asses.

Still waiting for evidence as to how this actually hurts the line.

It's not surprising that no one responds to my detailed look at how Marvel events actually work but spend pages and pages dropping one sentence declarations about how they all damage the line with no evidence to back up the sentiment.

I can wait, though.

tim1138

Just saw a Age of Ultron v Marvel Zombies teaser image on Facebook for summer of 2015.

I'm 100% convinced we're going to see these events taking place on different Earths as tie ins to Hickman's Secret Wars.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
yeah, reanimated from the grave. Marvel trying to tell us something

Or maybe its just D-Man :D

Oh boy.

Too bad Marvel Zombies turned to shit after the third one.

The Army of Darkness/Marvel Zombies Crossover was great. To bad it seems to be locked down in licence hell.
Seems to be the best way with these crossovers nowadays anyway. Buy them instant as floppies or wait until you die for a paperback.

If they can make Secret Invasion readable...

I mean I STILL don't know how The Wasp 'died' in that one.

Hank gave her a serum with new powers in the beginning of Mighty Avengers... Hank turned out to be a Skrull... Boom.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just saw a Age of Ultron v Marvel Zombies teaser image on Facebook for summer of 2015.

I'm 100% convinced we're going to see these events taking place on different Earths as tie ins to Hickman's Secret Wars.

Yeah I've just seen this. Marvel must have been giggling themselves silly while everyone was freaking out all weekend. Seems the multiversal collapse means EVENT REMIXES WOOOOO!

At least they're being honest rather than this DC back-door remix business :p

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This Marvel Facebook is interesting - Lemire and Ramon Perez taking over Hawkeye? Lemire getting to write the archer he always wanted...

DeathyBoy

Banned
Yeah I've just seen this. Marvel must have been giggling themselves silly while everyone was freaking out all weekend. Seems the multiversal collapse means EVENT REMIXES WOOOOO!

At least they're being honest rather than this DC back-door remix business :p

If by honest you mean 'DC's got a multiverse, let's try and do our version of Infinite Crisis' then yes. Honesty.

Still waiting for evidence as to how this actually hurts the line.

It's not surprising that no one responds to my detailed look at how Marvel events actually work but spend pages and pages dropping one sentence declarations about how they all damage the line with no evidence to back up the sentiment.

I can wait, though.
I can tell you right now that all these constant monthly events have done nothing but cheapen the value of any cross-over that takes place now. Not to mention it disrupts an ongoing storyline where writers are sometimes forced to shoe-horn in the "grand event" ultimately hurting the comic. 10 years back a comic event used to be something special. Now it's just another day in the park.

Nudull

Banned
To be honest, I want to see this :D

Peter Parker and Mary Jane, as husband and wife, leading an armada of Spider-Men and MJ's in a epic battle against Mephisto to win back their marriage. Many lives will be lost, much blood will be shed, but anything is worth true love.

tim1138

X-Tinction Agenda vs X-Cutioners Song.

In a mashup of horribly named X-Men events Cameron Hodge and Stryfe team up to KILL. ALL. MUTANTS! and thus ensure the X-lines cancelation.

I can tell you right now that all these constant monthly events have done nothing but cheapen the value of any cross-over that takes place now. Not to mention it disrupts an ongoing storyline where writers are sometimes forced to shoe-horn in the "grand event" ultimately hurting the comic. 10 years back a comic event used to be something special. Now it's just another day in the park.

Specifically, which title.

Like, the way that Doomed and Robin Rises were specifically put on hold for Futures End.

Look at Avengers vs X-Men. WatXM used a crossover issue to tell an insanely good Warbird story. Then used its Infinity tie in to bring back Lil Guardian.

UXM used Fear Itself to move along Colossus into Cologgernaut.

Thunderbolts used Fear Itself to get the team out of prison thanks to Juggernaut.

And cetera...

DeathyBoy

Banned
Specifically, which title.

Like, the way that Doomed and Robin Rises were specifically put on hold for Futures End.

Look at Avengers vs X-Men. WatXM used a crossover issue to tell an insanely good Warbird story. Then used its Infinity tie in to bring back Lil Guardian.

UXM used Fear Itself to move along Colossus into Cologgernaut.

Thunderbolts used Fear Itself to get the team out of prison thanks to Juggernaut.

And cetera...

So your entire argument is 'well, the events weren't good but the tie-ins were?'

Sadist

The Army of Darkness/Marvel Zombies Crossover was great. To bad it seems to be locked down in licence hell.
Seems to be the best way with these crossovers nowadays anyway. Buy them instant as floppies or wait until you die for a paperback.
Truth. It was so insane loved it. Especially the ending. I still laugh about "WereWolverine"

:')

I don't agree in full with Birdy, but I gotta say that the Warbird issue in WatX-Men is pretty damn good. Sad to see she got sidelined for the past year. Apart from telling every X-girl that she and "the man of ice" have a thing going on and they should stay out of sight.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Than COIE?

Bro, srsly?

Fuck yes. What's to dispute? COIE is a cluttered clusterfuck of Kirby dots and men with perms. It's more dense than a black hole. It's as accessible as stairs to Prof X.

Hickman has played the long game so well we didn't even realise we were reading a cover version of COIE until halfway in.

COIE obviously deserves respect for the context, but these are better comics than Crisis, without a doubt.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Fuck yes. What's to dispute? COIE is a cluttered clusterfuck of Kirby dots and men with perms. It's more dense than a black hole. It's as accessible as stairs to Prof X.

Hickman has played the long game so well we didn't even realise we were reading a cover version of COIE until halfway in.

COIE obviously deserves respect for the context, but these are better comics than Crisis, without a doubt.

Of course there are. COIE just contains moments that are beyond anything else. Hickman's stuff is arguably better consistently, but I gotta give props to COIE for having no prior template to work with and delivering something that dense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom