• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
She
exposed his identity so he couldn't be blackmailed with it any more.

Seems perfectly reasonable and in-character to me. Though admittedly the
power draining robots
thing was a little on-the-nose. Would've worked better if the primary conflict was mostly internal, Superman agonizing over
whether or not to do whatever the demand was to maintain his identity
, IMO. There's probably gonna be some longer-term plot stuff that'll justify that, though.

Yeah, but it seemed stupid since she could clearly see how much he wanted to protect his
identity

Went through all that trouble/torture just for her to fuck him over, basically. No wonder he was pissed.

Owzers

Heroes Reborn is kinda iffy, not awful outside of a few parts. It's very "bad comic booky", i want to say the first series was too but i've blocked it from my memory over the years.

62257975.jpg

Yo, you brought it up. :/

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiii totally forgot about DQ Heroes ToT
I've put over 20 hours into One Piece Musou 3 on Steam, and I can't believe I'm gonn quickly jump into SW 4-2 if I keep playing it for hours more @o@

Seeing as DQ Heroes is releasing on PS4, I'll get it along with Talos Principle after trading in some games (got some 3DS games I'm more than willing to trade off after finishing)

I almost forgot about Talos Principle. I've also got Transformers Devestation from Platinum Games coming out next week.

Why would you ever put yourself through those mine clearing missions so many times?

They're not that bad, and I like the dog. The buggy is terrible though, or I'm just a terrible driver. Damn thing feels like it's made from rubber.

I also figure, I've done all the other stuff in a region, I might as well clear it out.

Yeah, but it seemed stupid since she could clearly see how much he wanted to protect his
identity

Went through all that trouble/torture just for her to fuck him over, basically. No wonder he was pissed.

Well, no, not basically. Went through all that trouble for her to finally hit that breaking point and go "you know what, Clark? I'm doing what's best for you, what you want be damned." Not just best for him, mind, since a Superman who's
at the beck and call of a crazed blackmailer
is Bad News.

"Stupid" is definitely not the word I'd use, in any case.

They're not that bad, and I like the dog. The buggy is terrible though, or I'm just a terrible driver. Damn thing feels like it's made from rubber.

I also figure, I've done all the other stuff in a region, I might as well clear it out.

Ugh. I just finished the mine clearing in Jeet's territory, but I still need a tiny tiny sliver to get the threat level down to 0. Do those Buzzard tunnels count toward that?

Owzers

Ugh. I just finished the mine clearing in Jeet's territory, but I still need a tiny tiny sliver to get the threat level down to 0. Do those Buzzard tunnels count toward that?

Guys, i think you shouldn't post here until you've finished all your side missions for the day, games not going to get 100% done by itself.

I'm going to start mad max tonight....

Guys, i think you shouldn't post here until you've finished all your side missions for the day, games not going to get 100% done by itself.

Good luck! You'll spend way more time doing side-missions than anything else in this game. It feels like without all the side content, the main story would take three hours.

Buzzards only count towards Legend rank (you get rank really easily, I'm already at Road Warrior and I still have more than half the game to go).

To get threat down to 0, you need to do all the camps, scarecrows (you may need to upgrade the harpoon to take down the bigger ones), snipers (you can either shoot them or tear down the actual tower), convoys (these are piss easy once you have the Thunderpoon) and the minefields.

I'm not going for 100%, I never have and never will. I don't really want to do any of the Death Runs because I hate races in open-world games, most of the races don't allow you to use the Magnum Opus and I can't be bothered hunting down NPC cars and driving them back to base.

Hagi

I almost forgot about Talos Principle. I've also got Transformers Devestation from Platinum Games coming out next week.

I'm tempted to buy Devastation but I don't really care about Transformers. Then again I bought Legend of Korra and I couldn't give a shit about that so who knows. Kicking ass as a robot dinosaur seems appealing though.

I'm tempted to buy Devastation but I don't really care about Transformers. Then again I bought Legend of Korra and I couldn't give a shit about that so who knows. Kicking ass as a robot dinosaur seems appealing though.

Legend of Korra was a disappointment, though. Luckily Transformers is being done by the better team over there. Korra was a total B-team effort.

What got to me was the animation. Bad enough that you can't use your own car for that sorta thing (and always have dinki di in tow), they should've just let you blow up the mines with the shotgun or whatever. But nooo, gotta climb out of the buggy, walk to the mine, let the little animation play out, then climb back into the buggy and idinkify the other two mines, then repeat.

Talos does some very clever stuff with the way it builds the world, but there most likely will be points when you'll just say fuck it and youtube solutions. As well you should. Still a terrific game with an interesting narrative.

Even if it does suffer from some Kot issues.

Hagi

Legend of Korra was a disappointment, though. Luckily Transformers is being done by the better team over there. Korra was a total B-team effort.

Yeah that game was pretty ass and I'm a big Platinum fan. I have watched some footage of Devastation and it looks pretty cool. Gotta save for Dragon Quest and maybe Tales so might get it in the Christmas sales. Too many games but when Battlefront and Fallout come out I think that will be me for the year.

Yeah that game was pretty ass and I'm a big Platinum fan. I have watched some footage of Devastation and it looks pretty cool. Gotta save for Dragon Quest and maybe Tales so might get it in the Christmas sales. Too many games but when Battlefront and Fallout come out I think that will be me for the year.

This is everything I want before Christmas:

Transformers Devastation
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
The Talos Principle
Tales of Zestiria
Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
Fallout 4
Star Wars: Battlefront
Disgaea 5
Just Cause 3

can i skip all the side content?

Some of it. But you have to clear certain missions or clear a given region of threats entirely in order to unlock certain upgrades for your car. So you kinda sorta have to.

Basically this. It's good to have an idea of exactly what you want your car to be like (they have Archangels, which are like complete sets of armour in other RPGs) since the upgrades are not always strictly better. Some of the tire sets are better on certain surfaces, and there's the whole protection vs. speed problem you'll have eventually.

What got to me was the animation. Bad enough that you can't use your own car for that sorta thing (and always have dinki di in tow), they should've just let you blow up the mines with the shotgun or whatever. But nooo, gotta climb out of the buggy, walk to the mine, let the little animation play out, then climb back into the buggy and idinkify the other two mines, then repeat.

I crashed the buggy into a mine by mistake the other day. It didn't completely take it out, so I just drove around with the dog while the buggy was on fire the whole time. Even a slight breeze should have caused it to explode, but whatevs.

Lashley

Well, no, not basically. Went through all that trouble for her to finally hit that breaking point and go "you know what, Clark? I'm doing what's best for you, what you want be damned." Not just best for him, mind, since a Superman who's
at the beck and call of a crazed blackmailer
is Bad News.

"Stupid" is definitely not the word I'd use, in any case.

Maybe stupid was the wrong word, but won't she and all his friends and loved ones be in danger now?

I dunno, tbh I just wish they never did the reveal

Hagi

This is everything I want before Christmas:

Transformers Devastation
Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
The Talos Principle
Tales of Zestiria
Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition
Fallout 4
Star Wars: Battlefront
Disgaea 5
Just Cause 3

That is pretty much my list :p

Thinking about importing the new JoJo game as well even if the last one was kinda crap. I'd like to restart Witcher 3 at some point because I got sidetracked with other games, the DLC sounds really cool. I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year it seems like everybody just shits out games. Literally in some cases lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tonight I'm going to read comics like I used to when I got my MU sub. I'm so behind it's not even funny anymore

Basically this. It's good to have an idea of exactly what you want your car to be like (they have Archangels, which are like complete sets of armour in other RPGs) since the upgrades are not always strictly better. Some of the tire sets are better on certain surfaces, and there's the whole protection vs. speed problem you'll have eventually.

I didn't make speed / acceleration a priority (though I still keep upgrading to the best exhaust / engine available) and went with pure heavy armor and brutal-looking bumpers.

Thinking about importing the new JoJo game as well even if the last one was kinda crap. I'd like to restart Witcher 3 at some point because I got sidetracked with other games, the DLC sounds really cool. I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year it seems like everybody just shits out games. Literally in some cases lol

I think I'm going to just start Witcher again, I didn't get that far the first time. Going to finish Mad Max and Shadow of Mordor first though. I'm close to the end of Mordor so that shouldn't take long.

I didn't make speed / acceleration a priority (though I still keep upgrading to the best exhaust / engine available) and went with pure heavy armor and brutal-looking bumpers.

I just found the car too slow with the biggest armour on. I should probably get my V8 soon.

I just found the car too slow with the biggest armour on. I should probably get my V8 soon.

Fair warning: game has, like, only two or three missions left after you get the Holy V8.

The segment in gastown to get the v8 is pretty dang good, tho.

But yeah, thunderpoon upgrades make anything past medium armor and spikes irrelevant, since all you gotta do is close the distance and stick around long enough to survive a reload and oneshot whatever you want.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Isnt your job seasonal? As in you have it all year round but only have real work for part of the year?

Yeah it's starting to slow down. But I haven't read in weeks (months?) because it was more busy (which it was), just haven't felt like it for whatever reason. Well, for the same reason sometimes you don't feel like watching TV shows, or playing games I guess :/

Anyway, GotG annual was a cute little Carol focused story, and Fantastic Four big reveal of why their lives are going down the shitter was quite disappointing, which is a shame because I've actually been enjoying this run. Next! :)

Edit: I've been reading the new Star Wars stuff as it releases tho, so I have read something these past few weeks :p

Maybe stupid was the wrong word, but won't she and all his friends and loved ones be in danger now?

I dunno, tbh I just wish they never did the reveal

They were all already in danger. Once a secret's out, it's out. Everything after that is damage control. This was the best way to do damage control, plain and simple.

And I could never resent the reveal since it lead directly into Greg Pak's amazing work on Action Comics atm.

Rhaknar

Elektra #9 - my god this Del Mundo art. I want to marry this art and have its babies.

Really into this Bullseye arc too, I love the mysticism in the book with the hand and shit. Great series, more people should check it out.

That fucking art tho, damn

Amazon tells me 20th October. Kanan isn't out till November sadly, that's the one I really want.

Amazon is full of shit. They always get comics later than comic retailers.

Star Wars vol.1 and Darth Vader vol.1 are both October 7th according to TFAW, an actual comic retailer.

Hagi

Amazon is full of shit. They always get comics later than comic retailers.

Star Wars vol.1 and Darth Vader vol.1 are both October 7th according to TFAW, an actual comic retailer.

That would be cool I'll be in the city on the 9th for my birthday so I will be able to pick them up if Forbidden Planet get them. I don't think I've even read past issue 2 of aarons run.

Rhaknar

Yoooooooooooooooooooo Remender / Immonem All New Cap is fucking DOPE!

Absolutely loved the first 2 issues, really curious about this previous arc with Steve raising Zemo's son in another dimension

Lashley

They were all already in danger. Once a secret's out, it's out. Everything after that is damage control. This was the best way to do damage control, plain and simple.

And I could never resent the reveal since it lead directly into Greg Pak's amazing work on Action Comics atm.

Yeah, AC has been absolutely amazing

I actually really like the look of that.
The art has its moments. it's just unfortunate that there a lot of panels of faces that look... eh.

Story is good so far though. I really dug the twist at the end of issue #4 and Cass is growing on me a lot.
Really liking these Tales of... lantern shorts. The orange lantern ones are hilarious, they always end the same way

mine
Larfleeze is such a fun character

VanWinkle

The art has its moments. it's just unfortunate that there a lot of panels of faces that look... eh.

I'm actually going through that right now with Batman Dark Victory. I know a lot of people like Tim Sale's art, and every once in awhile I see a page that looks awesome, but it's just a bit too simple for me, and the faces just don't look good. I also don't like thin lines in my art and all of it's drawn or inked with tiny little lines. I don't mind a simple color pallet and look, but I think a guy like Francesco Francavilla does it with a look much more appealing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom