• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lol at Warren Ellis going in on the GOP debate

Avixph

Cross posting from the All New, All Different Marvel thread:
So did New Avengers reveal
how Amadeus Cho becomes the Totally Awesome Hulk
?

Carved our pumpkin tonight. Long Halloween!

MDrToCa.jpg

VanWinkle

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys. I had a great time. A few of my brothers and friends ate pizza and watched Guardians of the Galaxy, which I had already seen, but it was even better the second time.

My wonderful wife got me, among other things, these graphic novels:

I'd say she did a pretty great job! And the Death of the Family companion is awesome since I loved the Batman arc so much.

Also, with some money I got from family, I just ordered Multiversity Deluxe, Brightest Day Omnibus, and Solo Deluxe.

What a great birthday.

Owzers

i wished Freeza and Sarah a happy birthday today but missed the one person with the most accurate birthday? It's too late VanWinkle...it's just too late now. Next year.

grats on books.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys. I had a great time. A few of my brothers and friends ate pizza and watched Guardians of the Galaxy, which I had already seen, but it was even better the second time.

My wonderful wife got me, among other things, these graphic novels:

I'd say she did a pretty great job! And the Death of the Family companion is awesome since I loved the Batman arc so much.

Also, with some money I got from family, I just ordered Multiversity Deluxe, Brightest Day Omnibus, and Solo Deluxe.

What a great birthday.

If it's your first time reading Blackest Night you should check out the green lantern volume as well, the story interweaves a lot between the two. Otherwise very nice.

This Sinestro/Black Adam issue looks interesting.

Owzers

Watching the GOP debate has made me more depressed than usual, i think i have made a grave mistake going down this path.

Trump 2016.

VanWinkle

If it's your first time reading Blackest Night you should check out the green lantern volume as well, the story interweaves a lot between the two. Otherwise very nice.

This Sinestro/Black Adam issue looks interesting.

Okay. Are you talking about Green Lantern: Blackest Night? If so, should I read one before the other? I don't know when I'll get to it, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. Thanks.

Messi, calm down. You don't even have a good scene of scale. At most, it's one of those bird-eating spiders that's the size of a small cat. They don't get any bigger.

VanWinkle

Can anybody tell me some about the DC: New Frontier Deluxe Edition paper quality? I heard it's matte instead of glossy, but that doesn't tell me what I need to know. For example, my Planetary Omnibus has sort of a matte look to it but there is no roughness at all in the texture of it. It feels completely smooth; just with non-glossy paper. My League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus (on trade paperback) has matte paper, but has a rough, almost newspaper-like texture to it. It's unpleasant. So which way is it?

I want to get it, but I'm a little apprehensive about that paper.

Can anybody tell me some about the DC: New Frontier Deluxe Edition paper quality? I heard it's matte instead of glossy, but that doesn't tell me what I need to know. For example, my Planetary Omnibus has sort of a matte look to it but there is no roughness at all in the texture of it. It feels completely smooth; just with non-glossy paper. My League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus (on trade paperback) has matte paper, but has a rough, almost newspaper-like texture to it. It's unpleasant. So which way is it?

I want to get it, but I'm a little apprehensive about that paper.

It's not glossy. It's the more papery-feeling stuff like the old Vertigo trades used.

VanWinkle

It's not glossy. It's the more papery-feeling stuff like the old Vertigo trades used.

Okay, so probably how the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen paperback omnibus is (that's Vertigo). Man, that kind of stinks. I wonder why they did that. That's the only DC deluxe edition I know of with that kind of paper.

Okay, so probably how the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen paperback omnibus is (that's Vertigo). Man, that kind of stinks. I wonder why they did that. That's the only DC deluxe edition I know of with that kind of paper.

Honestly, I kind of like that paper. It doesn't smudge or catch fingerprints like the glossy paper.

VanWinkle

Honestly, I kind of like that paper. It doesn't smudge or catch fingerprints like the glossy paper.

Yeah, but I was hoping it was more like Planetary Omnibus. The paper LOOKS similar, but FEELS much much better.

Oh well. I'll probably still get it soon, since I really want to read it.

Yeah, eager for impressions on Black Magick #1, guys.

It's rad. It was a solid first issue, though you're left wanting more. Nicola Scott's art is glorious. The greyscale palette really brings out the detail and lets you focus on the art itself without any of those silly and distracting "colors."

J-Rock

Banned
All of The Eighth Seal (digital horror comic) is currently free-to-read over at Thrillbent: HERE (it reads better on the iPad with their iOS app)

eighthseal_eng_01_01_001-1100x660.jpg

VanWinkle

That Justice League/Planetary crossover was definitely interesting. I assume non-canon? Cause it was kind of crazy.

Onto Planetary/Batman.

Edit: Ahh yes my boy Cassaday back to finish us off.

Top Bottom