• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

the Justice League: Darkseid War. Batman 1-shot was good. Batman has been a dick since he sat in the Mobius chair but wow i didnt think it would go that far. Interesting to see how much time they will spend on the end in the next JL issue.

Owzers

I can't read a book about a female president, it's too unbelievable. Did she get bit by a spider with presidential powers?

Does anyone have an extra digital code for Kanan: The Last Palawan #7? I'm happy to pay for it. :) I typically buy codes on eBay, but there doesn't appear to be any available for this issue.

Squire

Banned
I can't read a book about a female president, it's too unbelievable. Did she get bit by a spider with presidential powers?

clintongowdy.gif

Owzers

If 11 hours of testimony is tiresome wait until she's serving out her prison sentence, maybe she can be president of the old timers gang,

Trump 2016.

Squire

Banned
Black Magick is good. The writing is solid, the art is gorgeous, and if I understand the premise right, it's a mystery I want to keep up with.

Seriously, the art though. It's the difference between reading an uncolored comic and reading one designed to be black and white. (It's colored to be that way, but you get what I mean.)

besada

Banned
Prez #5. Great book.

I also read Art Ops (okay, but needs better writing), Twilight Children (fantastic -- and how could it not be with Gilbert Hernandez from Love and Rockets and Darwyn Cooke), still liking JL 3001, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl was great, and Dakseid War: Batman was fun.

"Darkseid War" is just a really cool name for an arc.

Earth 2 should have been called "Apokolips War".

Would have grabbed my interest so much harder.

So, can there be a book strictly dedicated to a civil war on Apokolips? The DCAU had that arc running in the background of JL and JLU, but never showed much of it. I was always very curious about the details.

Squire

Banned
Man, is there any other notable Zatanna books aside from the Dini stuff?

Seven Soldiers: Zatanna

Four part mini from Grant Morrison. Awesome writing with good art and a few gorgeous spreads. The ending is lovely. I just finished it this week. I'm reading all of SS though.

Xis

Okay. Are you talking about Green Lantern: Blackest Night? If so, should I read one before the other? I don't know when I'll get to it, but I'll definitely keep it in mind. Thanks.

Green Lantern: Blackest Night takes place during, and interweaves with the main book. You probably should read them simultaneously (alternate issues).

Man, is there any other notable Zatanna books aside from the Dini stuff?

It's not on the same level quality-wise as Dini's work, but Jeff Lemire's Justice League Dark features Zatanna in a lead role. It's a team book though, so I'm not sure if you'll be interested in reading it. I thought it was fun and enjoyed Zatanna's banter with Constantine.

Was playing Halo all day yesterday, so I'm getting caught up on comics now that I'm at work and have some plenty of free time. REQ packs are an addiction and will be the ultimate cause for my destruction.

Cyborg #4 was solid. Felipe Watanabe was sharing penciling duties this week, and he did okay, but you could definitely see the difference; he's not nearly as good at capturing the super creepy baddies. Speaking of the baddies, their story and the whole alternate world they come from continues to be the most interesting part of the book, but things are looking up, generally speaking. The writing is in a better place now overall. I'm still worried that the author won't be able to keep things going after this arc, because, again, the villains are far and away the best part.

The whole "don't mess with things you don't understand" message would land a little better if we weren't talking about a comic book 'verse where home grown mad science easily outstripping the technowhatevers regularly shows up on Earth. For god's sake there's sentient nanotech androids in the plaza.

Overall rating of pdle/poodle. Good, but lacking something.

BTW, is this a sex thing? Because I'm pretty sure this is a sex thing:

uWoldNk.png

"Darkseid War" is just a really cool name for an arc.

Earth 2 should have been called "Apokolips War".

Would have grabbed my interest so much harder.

So, can there be a book strictly dedicated to a civil war on Apokolips? The DCAU had that arc running in the background of JL and JLU, but never showed much of it. I was always very curious about the details.

The last civil war I remember was when a
brainwashed Superman joined a revolution on Apokolips as a sleeper agent for darkseid, leading the revolution into a trap that slaughtered them all.

Owzers

IGN reviews this week accurately describe my feelings on comics lately, not enthused about what's out there for the most part.

Top Cow bundle doesn't know that adding more Witchblade books to their bundle isn't sweetening the deal.

These Amazon prices on Marvel books are funny. Pay $15 for 5 issue of Old Man Logan Vol. 0 or for the same amount of issues you can pay $10 for Spider-Gwen Volk. 0. It's because Old Man Logan is a Secret Wars tie-in right?

VanWinkle

Oh my goodness. Just over a month ago when I last posted my collection so far, it looked like this:

Now today it looks like this (other than Words of Radiance which is a novel):

WHAT AM I DOING. And that top left shelf will be replaced with Brightest Day Omnibus, Multiversity Deluxe, and Solo Deluxe when they come in the mail over the next few days.

Okay, I really need to slow down. I have Christmas presents that I need to start buying soon, so I need to block out my current obsession.

Okay, I really need to slow down. I have Christmas presents that I need to start buying soon, so I need to block out my current obsession.

That's the spirit. I've already started, just small things but I'm getting there. I'm going to be totally organised this year, so I can spend most of December doing as little as possible.

VanWinkle

That's the spirit. I've already started, just small things but I'm getting there. I'm going to be totally organised this year, so I can spend most of December doing as little as possible.

That's EXACTLY what I want to do, too. I hate having such a chaotic December trying to buy everything at once.

Messi

Oh my goodness. Just over a month ago when I last posted my collection so far, it looked like this:

Now today it looks like this (other than Words of Radiance which is a novel):

WHAT AM I DOING. And that top left shelf will be replaced with Brightest Day Omnibus, Multiversity Deluxe, and Solo Deluxe when they come in the mail over the next few days.

Westrbook.gif

Next joke please :p

Nice collection

Robin son of Batman #5 wraps up the first arc and launches straight into the second one. Art was amazing. Writing continues to be strong. Looking forward to watching
Talia
interact with Damian.

I gotta say, this series is not what I was expecting; I thought the genuine thrust of it would be Damian traveling the world, righting his wrongs and doing knight-errant stuff along the way, but it's much more... focused. It's become a very good book.

Robin son of Batman #5 wraps up the first arc and launches straight into the second one. Art was amazing. Writing continues to be strong. Looking forward to watching
Talia
interact with Damian.

I gotta say, this series is not what I was expecting; I thought the genuine thrust of it would be Damian traveling the world, righting his wrongs and doing knight-errant stuff along the way, but it's much more... focused. It's become a very good book.

Read We Are Robin next. My fav book from yesterday.

Top Bottom