• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

PsychBat!

Banned
C3serAy.png

Boogiepop

Welp. Finished AXIS. It was just... yeah. Definitely iffy, not as mindblowingly bad as I was expecting at least. The idea could've worked, it just wasn't capitalized on almost at all in the main series. The tie-ins were actually quite nice though, with Revolutions being the real surprise as those were some great, fun little stories and I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention it in here.

So, to confirm:
Iron Man was unreverted, leading to the Superior stuff which was... was it any good? And apparently the same applies to Sabertooth leading to whatever the Wolverines stuff is/was. But what's the deal with Havok? Did/do we indeed have an evil Havok running around? Because that's pretty lame.

For what it's worth, Spider-man had some legitimately nice scenes and I honestly liked seeing him react to Carnage at least. And Kluh is indeed just the worst, and as real "seriously, who the hell thought this was a good idea?!" thing.

Mudcrab

Welp. Finished AXIS. It was just... yeah. Definitely iffy, not as mindblowingly bad as I was expecting at least.

It was mindblowingly bad if you hyped yourself up for a couple of months before Axis's release because you were expecting Remender to write something at least as entertaining as his Uncanny Avengers book up to and through Planet X.

Mudcrab

Yo, Jim Le's art looks fucking dope. What is Batman Europa?

Superstar artist Jim Lee returns to the Dark Knight with this premiere issue! The impossible has happened and Batman is on the verge of being taken down by an enemy he cannot defeat: a virus for which there is no cure! And the only hope for his salvation is The Joker! Who infected Batman, what does the Clown Prince of Crime know, and how will the Dark Knight get that information? Together, the enemies crisscross Europe, desperate to find answers before time runs out.
Co-conceived by Matteo Casali and Brian Azzarello, this 4-issue miniseries event will feature art by top talents over layouts by the incomparable Giuseppe Camuncoli (HELLBLAZER, Dark Wolverine), with the first issue pencilled and inked by none other than Jim Lee!

A Batman comic originally announced 11 years ago.

This Arkham Knight thing is so amazingly shit I actually can't stop laughing.

Not even gift copies! Warner, you utter jerks.

lmao WB heard you loud and clear, Tetrax

Boogiepop

I'm gonna do it, guys. Added every Ultimate Universe comics on MU to my library, with the exception of the Ultimate Spider-man and the team-up stuff I'd already read (well, and Ultimate Human). So in other words the Ultimate universe minus the best part is what I've prepped myself to read.

To confirm, I should be good to go seeing as I just went straight down the alphabetical list starting with the "Ultimate Comics" stuff and then scrolling down past the "Ultimates" and finally "Ultimatum", right? There's no weird, doesn't start with Ultimate in the title parts of the universe, are there?

Also, man, MU really needs a "add all" button for series, that was way more tedious then it should've been.

Anyway, starting count of comics to read: 412.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ultimate Comics is a later Volume.
Start with

Ultimates
Ultimate X-Men
Ultimate Fantastic Four

And ask again when you finished all of those.

Boogiepop

Ultimate Comics is a later Volume.
Start with

Ultimates
Ultimate X-Men
Ultimate Fantastic Four

And ask again when you finished all of those.
No I know, I meant I added everything in the Ultimate universe in the alphabetical order list on MU, and the Ultimate Comics stuff just happens to come first there. I got the older stuff too. And for extra crazy I'm thinking I'll just follow the release order, since MU puts it that way in your library anyway, so they'll be a decent amount of hopping between titles, I'd imagine.

This should be interesting, though, hopefully...

Honestly, the "mutants are persecuted" thing makes a lot less sense these days. How do you even tell? What is it about mutants that makes them stick out amongst a crowd of non-mutant superpeople? How does a confrontation go down?

"Hey, saw you shooting eyebeams! You wunna those muties?"
"Uh, no, I just, um, accidentally shoved my face in a pile of toxic chemicals."
"Oh, okay. Sorry for botherin ya. You can't be too careful."
And then both parties feel awkward for the rest of the day.

I get that it's supposed to be a metaphor for real-world racism but it's a little bit strained.

Owzers

caught some of the Spurs game before the debate starts, they look like a team that would sniff all your comics before you buy them and then stare you down afterwards.

Zombine

Banned
Honestly, the "mutants are persecuted" thing makes a lot less sense these days. How do you even tell? What is it about mutants that makes them stick out amongst a crowd of non-mutant superpeople? How does a confrontation go down?

"Hey, saw you shooting eyebeams! You wunna those muties?"
"Uh, no, I just, um, accidentally shoved my face in a pile of toxic chemicals."
"Oh, okay. Sorry for botherin ya. You can't be too careful."
And then both parties feel awkward for the rest of the day.

I get that it's supposed to be a metaphor for real-world racism but it's a little bit strained.

This is why they need to exist in their own universe.

Top Bottom