• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Hagi

I'm still not entirely sure what the show is or what it's about, but HBO seems to be using their "let's put in lots of sex" approach. There must be so many blue balls on set.

I think that stuff is for the Rome section of the park. You should watch the original film if you want a sense of what to expect. The show is going to be amazing.

Zombine

Banned
Tokyo Ghost is like making a good meal.

1 part Akira
1 part Tank Girl
2 part Blade Runner
Two teaspoons of Mad Max
One cup of The Journey to The West (actually, this is the most important part of the meal just throw in as much as you can)

Let bake for a complete calendar year and you get the most uniquely fucking insane book of the year.

Hagi

1 part Akira
1 part Tank Girl
2 part Blade Runner
Two teaspoons of Mad Max
One cup of The Journey to The West (actually, this is the most important part of the meal just throw in as much as you can)

Let bake for a complete calendar year and you get the most uniquely fucking insane book of the year.

1 part Virtuoisty
1/2 a teaspoon of Johnny Mnemonic

I'm looking forward to what issue 2 is going to be like with the techno samurais.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Lol

Weren't there people who tried to argue that MCU didn't dictate things now?
Still here.
Look at the boobs. You cant take them further away from what is happening in the movies.

Edit: And man, I will enjoy the times when DC will do exact the same thing with tie-ins and changes.
I bet there was a similar outcry when Harley Quinn was introduced to the comics. To bad whe didnt had Internet back then.

Hagi

Lol

Weren't there people who tried to argue that MCU didn't dictate things now?

I mean it's good business sense to capitalise on the film with something similar going on in the comics. They did the same thing around Age of Ultron as well.

Didn't get to read comics over the weekend because of travel but I did find the first 6 volumes of Love and Rockets for a huge discount in a local store, so picked those up. Have been wanting to read them for a while but my library doesn't have them.

Any other good Image series on sale with <10 issues preferably?

Alex + Ada recently completed its run at 15 issues. I have been considering it because quite a few people have recommended it to me.

Based on the first trade, C.O.W.L is pretty decent too. Full series seems to be up. (2 trades).

Five Ghosts is good fun pulp adventure. Two trades out as of now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Still here.
Look at the boobs. You cant take them further away from what is happening in the movies.

Its true. Comic book boobs are indeed nothing like the ones in the movies.

Zombine

Banned
I heard that somewhere...

Hey man have you heard about Guardians of Infinity?

index.php

Vyer

Still here.

Edit: And man, I will enjoy the times when DC will do exact the same thing with tie-ins and changes.
I bet there was a similar outcry when Harley Quinn was introduced to the comics. To bad whe didnt had Internet back then.

Of course they will. That's the point. And why arguing otherwise (particularly with the success MCU has had) never really made sense.

That's pretty much 100% accurate to my feelings on it as well. It was enjoyable but it really feels like it would have benefited a lot from being more than 15 issues,

Is that how they planned it? Because it very much seems like what you get when one of the big two cancels a book suddenly and then an ending has to be cobbled together in a flash.

ReAxion

Is that how they planned it? Because it very much seems like what you get when one of the big two cancels a book suddenly and then an ending has to be cobbled together in a flash.

They probably wanted to keep going, but would be losing money having done so because it never sold well. Didn't really hurt the quality, imo, just changed the pacing they'd established.

Owzers

i already regret turning on wrasslin', if Brock coming down now doesn't result in fighting i'm going to switch to the handegg that you folks talk about here. Main event of the dudley boys vs the big show and rollins tag match? Yikes.

Also, i charged my New 3ds Xl up. It's no longer new, but apparently that's still a thing that exists?

sol_bad

Hello ComicGAF

I have been purchasing singles for the past 3.5 years and have amassed quite a few storage boxes which look ugly as sin. I have decided to change my strategy and try and stick to TPB's and HC's, HC's preferably.

Do you guys know a good site that stays up to date with upcoming TPB's and HC's?

Thanks in advance.

The Damian/Dick reunion in Grayson #12

<33333

Such a wonderful moment.

Hello ComicGAF

I have been purchasing singles for the past 3.5 years and have amassed quite a few storage boxes which look ugly as sin. I have decided to change my strategy and try and stick to TPB's and HC's, HC's preferably.

Do you guys know a good site that stays up to date with upcoming TPB's and HC's?

Thanks in advance.

Hmm... not sure. DCBS is a site that people preoder stuff from, I assume they might have things.

Messi

Hello ComicGAF

Thanks in advance.

Previewsworld.com and keep up to date with solicitations on comicbookresources.com each month is your best bet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So Miles can turn invisible huh?

Also, last issue of All New X-Factor (#20) is...super underwhelming. Nothing actually ends (besides Quicksilver fucking off back to the Avengers) and in fact a huge new plot thread opens up with the revelation that the Serval guy knows Miguel O'Hara aka Spidey 2099 which of course means he's from the future... and then it just ends like any other issue.

I know that Spidey 2099 is also a Peter David book so does anyone read that and knows if at least this concluded there?

1 part Akira
1 part Tank Girl
2 part Blade Runner
Two teaspoons of Mad Max

oh wow, I should cop.

also interested in the new Doctor Strange from Jason Aaron. I don't really read any marvel now but his work on thor was so good and southern bastards is incredible as well.

ElNarez

Banned
man it's a good thing he's fully comitted to the whole heterosexuality thing now because that is WAY TOO MUCH HAIR ON WAY TOO MUCH BEEF. 2/5 Stars.

Top Bottom