• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Mindwipe

CMX just put up a Flash and Green Arrow sale too. Smart.

And they're trades too, not single issues. Thanks DC.

You could pick up the Nu52 runs of both pretty bloody cheap.

Top Shelf CMX sale, including Bacchus.

Bacchus looks so good, gonna need to cop that.

Anyone have an opinion on March? I've heard of it, but not seen what people think of it.

Well, I read The Sculptor in 2 days.... I thought it was amazing. I don't think a book has gotten so much emotion from me as this one did.
Reallllyyyy good read
No one knows as much about comics as Scott McCloud. He came to my LCS for a Q and A and was very interesting. The reason he did the book in one color was because he sucks at coloring haha
Top Shelf CMX sale, including Bacchus.

Bacchus looks so good, gonna need to cop that.

Anyone have an opinion on March? I've heard of it, but not seen what people think of it.
I think March got a lot of praise from critics so it's probably good

Owzers

still no release date for the Batwoman statue, but that's okay because i'm patient. Thinking about getting the second edition of the black and white harley statue even though it's grey-ish.

Comic Blitz, a new app billed as a Netflix for comics, launched today!

They have Valiant!

But the important bit is if they have HD comics. Is that asking for too much? Lol

It sure would be helpful if they gave you some sort of idea what was available besides a list of publishers, a scrolling display listing 5 books, and some thumbnails on the app mock-up. Sure, there's a free trial but that's a lot of effort to just check things out.

Also, I skimmed their ToS and this jumped out at me:
Your ComicBlitz membership may start with a free trial. The free trial period of your membership lasts for one week, or as otherwise specified during sign-up. Free trials may not be combined with any other offers. Free trials are for new and certain former members only. Netflix reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to determine your free trial eligibility.

So yes, they 100% C&Ped the Netflix Terms of Use and changed most instances of Netflix to ComicBliz.

It sure would be helpful if they gave you some sort of idea what was available besides a list of publishers, a scrolling display listing 5 books, and some thumbnails on the app mock-up. Sure, there's a free trial but that's a lot of effort to just check things out.

So yes, they 100% C&Ped the Netflix Terms of Use and changed most instances of Netflix to ComicBliz.

Can't even bail. I signed up and can't sign in.

Lol.

Messi

Holy shit loooool

These lists are making me thirsty.

Action Comics #45
Batman And Robin Eternal #1
Batman Beyond #5
Cyborg #3
Detective Comics #45
Green Lantern #45
Lobo #11
Midnighter #5
Omega Men #5
Telos #1
Darth Vader #10
Journey To Star Wars the Force Awakens Shattered Empire #2
Star Wars #10
Star Wars Lando #5

This is hilarious

mreddie

New Power Man and Iron Fist ongoing!

3051817-inline-s-1-exclusive-marvel-relaunching-power-man-and-iron-fist-with-all-new-creative-team.jpg

Wonder if Jessica will team up with them?

Writer David F. Walker (Shaft, Cyborg) and artist Sanford Greene (The Runaways, Uncanny Avengers) have been named the new creative team on a revival of the classic buddy comic "Power Man and Iron Fist," reuniting fan favorite characters Luke Cage and Danny Rand.

http://www.fastcocreate.com/3051817...inging-back-power-man-and-iron-fist-at-marvel

What about a new Guardians series? Any news on that? I think I heard something recently but I seem to have forgotten...

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Ok, I'm willing to take a $5 risk on From Hell.

Bacchus, tho, is as good as everyone says it is, yes?

I have the physical book on my shelf. It's a good book, but a dense read. I'm surprised he didn't just write a novel instead, because the art is usually drowned out by huge chunks of dialogue. I'm fascinated by the Jack the Ripper killings, so I found the comic to be very intriguing and an in depth read. I'm not sure how accurate the research was going into it, but it was very compelling. It's like an illustrated case file.

List:

Paper Girls #1
Saints #1
Southern Bastards #11

Jughead #1

And maybe Doctor Strange #1

I see you, Korrupt. Elegy made me a Batwoman fan, too. I should look into where she's kicking it these days.

Top Bottom