• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Nowhere good, I can assure you of that. If you haven't read the Blackman/Williams III stuff, do that, then stop.

Yeah, I read that stuff and stopped at Andreyko. You could tell his run was going to blow. Too bad. I love Batwoman. She's one of the few characters that pulls me to DC.

Image sale is nuts. I'm gonna grab the new Hack/Slash and The Fuse volume 1. Noticed Drumheller on the list of titles on sale. I loved Drumheller. It made little sense and probably isn't even all that good but I'm oddly fond of it.

Please. Just announce Rucka on a Batwoman and Question ongoing. Just bring back Batwoman. :(

Omg, imagine? Dream team. But they'd have to bring Renee back to life first. Oh god, now I'm mad about Renee all over again. This is why I can't think about Batwoman.

So I got my IST delivery today and Southern Bastards HC is standard sized

-__-

It's probably been mentioned in this thread a couple times now.

But still, a little disappointing.

Y'know, compared to other huge deluxe HC versions of books this one looks portable and I wouldn't feel embarrassed to carry around in public. With that size people will think your reading some serious shit.

People look at me weird when I read Sunstone on the bus. I really don't care.

um.gif

Renee Montoya? She is alive.

Yeah? Cool! I'll need to check out what she's up to. When I fell off comics last year, it seems she was dead. All we'd seen of her in the Nu52 was her face on a plaque in the halls of the Gotham police station. It seemed to me to suggest she had died in the line of fire or some such. But I gather nu52 is over so I don't know what's going on in the DC universe (if I ever did).

I started the Williams/Blackman run last night. Good stuff so far.

Yeah, it's pretty decent. The first volume especially. But it's just ok-to-good throughout that run, IMO. Hard to compete with Elegy, though.

OK, so I read some of my just received Valiant trades yesterday. Tonight will potentially be from Rai Vol. 2, Imperium Vol. 1, Divinity, and the Shadowman OHC.

Ivar, Timewalker Vol. 1 Making History: In reality, this is more "Neela, Timewalker" so far and it's a bit of fun while not moving into being completely absurd like Q&W or sometimes A&A. A lot of setup for the rest of series. Ivar seems to take after his brother Gilad in the "not so great at what he's trying to do" department. Neela seems like she could be an interesting character, which is a bit dangerous in a Valiant book. Will certainly pick up the digital singles for reading the rest now.

Bloodshot Reborn Vol. 1 Coloradp: Following from The Valiant this is pretty dark all around, not that the prior Bloodshot series was fun and rainbows either. Well written with a massive feeling of inevitability hanging over it. A lot of setting up of the situation here again. It seems like things will get worse before they, uh, get even worse than that. Like Ivar, I'll be reading the rest of this in digital singles.

Quantum and Woody Vol. 4 Quantum and Woody Must Die: It's Quantum. It's Woody. They're the world's worst super hero team for a reason. More absurd hijinks interspersed with bits of actual sentimentality. A fun read as always, even if it's not in OHC format this time. The minor "twist" at the end had been so heavily and blatantly implied through the entire mini that I can't tell if it's
just to show how dense Eric can be or if it's because it's all misdirection
. There's no on-going here, so this is it for now.

Messi

Yeah? Cool! I'll need to check out what she's up to. When I fell off comics last year, it seems she was dead. All we'd seen of her in the Nu52 was her face on a plaque in the halls of the Gotham police station. It seemed to me to suggest she had died in the line of fire or some such. But I gather nu52 is over so I don't know what's going on in the DC universe (if I ever did).

Yeah, it's pretty decent. The first volume especially. But it's just ok-to-good throughout that run, IMO. Hard to compete with Elegy, though.

She came back in a recent detective comics story.

Ivar, Timewalker Vol. 1 Making History: In reality, this is more "Neela, Timewalker" so far and it's a bit of fun while not moving into being completely absurd like Q&W or sometimes A&A. A lot of setup for the rest of series. Ivar seems to take after his brother Gilad in the "not so great at what he's trying to do" department. Neela seems like she could be an interesting character, which is a bit dangerous in a Valiant book. Will certainly pick up the digital singles for reading the rest now.

You know your genes should be removed from the pool when, after three attempts, Armstrong is the best thing you've got to show for it.

Messi

It's not like I have my dick out. It's just a book about a relationship. I don't look at people reading 50 shades wierd.

You know your genes should be removed from the pool when, after three attempts, Armstrong is the best thing you've got to show for it.

I know, right? At least Armstrong seems to be the only one of the three that has done much in the way of reproducing, so I guess that's a plus?

It's not like I have my dick out. It's just a book about a relationship. I don't look at people reading 50 shades wierd.

They're just confused at why you're reading something BDSM based that's not mainstream trash.

Searched and didn't see this mentioned, but Audible just released their 13-hour Audio Drama adaption of Locke and Key.

It is free until next month.

Fair number of legit actors on the cast. I just started listening and of course, as a reader of the serious, I'm loving it. More curious to hear impressions from someone who hasn't read the series.

http://io9.com/locke-key-is-just-as-haunting-as-an-audio-drama-as-it-1734473857

I got my email about this yesterday evening, can't wait to dig in in a few days.

Messi

Does anybody know what the holdup is with Afterlife with Archie? Is it safe to assume the delay is Francavillas fault? I'll be so annoyed if we lose this series because of him. But the book needs him.

Head Lopper #1 was great, reminds me a bit of Samurai Jack. You're getting a whole lot of comic for the cover price, too.
Ohhhh this excites me even more,, I will confidently buy these first two issues now.. I see it comes out quarterly.

Does anybody know what the holdup is with Afterlife with Archie? Is it safe to assume the delay is Francavillas fault? I'll be so annoyed if we lose this series because of him. But the book needs him.

Idk, shit bums me out he was.. is one of my top favs.... yeah I get it you do some good covers,, but done buying a random book for its cover lol

He's getting that 100 dollar poster money. Dude is literally printing money with that shit.

I don't think Afterlife with Archie needs Francavilla tbh he's really good and i loved the first volume but I bet there are some artists that could pull it off just as well. I think they'll wait for him though

OK, so I read some of my just received Valiant trades yesterday. Tonight will potentially be from Rai Vol. 2, Imperium Vol. 1, Divinity, and the Shadowman OHC.

Bloodshot Reborn Vol. 1 Coloradp: Following from The Valiant this is pretty dark all around, not that the prior Bloodshot series was fun and rainbows either. Well written with a massive feeling of inevitability hanging over it. A lot of setting up of the situation here again. It seems like things will get worse before they, uh, get even worse than that. Like Ivar, I'll be reading the rest of this in digital singles.

Quantum and Woody Vol. 4 Quantum and Woody Must Die: It's Quantum. It's Woody. They're the world's worst super hero team for a reason. More absurd hijinks interspersed with bits of actual sentimentality. A fun read as always, even if it's not in OHC format this time. The minor "twist" at the end had been so heavily and blatantly implied through the entire mini that I can't tell if it's
just to show how dense Eric can be or if it's because it's all misdirection
. There's no on-going here, so this is it for now.

Really sad that that Grumpy Glenn won this one.

I'll miss Leg Day for the rest of my life.

DC All Access interview Lee/Didio, reveal Dark Knight III origins and new artwork (Newsarama)

Regarding the origins of the Dark Knight sequel, DiDio revealed that the story originated when DC contacted Frank Miller about bringing Carrie Kelly into the "New 52." Miller suggested doing a new story in his continuity instead. Initially, DiDio lobbied to do a Dark Knight Universe series showing many characters set in that continuity. The idea evolved into Dark Knight III: The Master Race.
So there ya go: Didio wanted Miller to introduce Carrie Kelly into New52 continuity, Miller didn't want to do that but his own thing, and the negotiations snowballed into "The Master Race" with a full exploration of TDKR universe.

Which begs the question: what the f*ck is wrong with Dan Didio, that the idea of shackling New52 continuity with TDKR characters/elements seemed like a good idea to him?

OMG YES YES YES

Humanoids hardcovers are hard to find and expensive as shit.

YES.

This is going with Toppi's , Mignola's and Gaiman's work on my 'comics are legit art' shelf

Not to be confused with my 'comics were a mistake' shelf full of marvel events and LoSH books.

Digital Release Pls

DC All Access interview Lee/Didio, reveal Dark Knight III origins and new artwork (Newsarama)

So there ya go: Didio wanted Miller to introduce Carrie Kelly into New52 continuity, Miller didn't want to do that but his own thing, and the negotiations snowballed into "The Master Race" with a full exploration of TDKR universe.

Which begs the question: what the f*ck is wrong with Dan Didio, that the idea of shackling New52 continuity with TDKR characters/elements seemed like a good idea to him?

I'd much rather have a fun Carrie Kelley book than this.

Messi

Errr isn't Carrie already in the new 52?

She is Damians tutor in Batman and Robin.

frye

OMG YES YES YES

Humanoids hardcovers are hard to find and expensive as shit.

YES.

This is going with Toppi's , Mignola's and Gaiman's work on my 'comics are legit art' shelf

Not to be confused with my 'comics were a mistake' shelf full of marvel events and LoSH books.

The Humanoids stuff is only the Jodo collabs too, so this should be much more comprehensive (and also probably hella expensive if DH's Manara Library stuff is any indication)

Top Bottom