• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Mudcrab

Man. Quietly really draws everyone like himself.

That isn't Quitely, also:

grantmorrison-frankquitely-600.jpg

Ok so I checked out Detective Comics #41 to see the triumphant return of my girl Renee. Yeah, it was alright. She enters punchin' and I guess that's enough for me to check out the next issue. If they do wrong by her, I'll dump it like I had to do with Batwoman.

I'm also finally starting 52 though so hopefully my brain doesn't get the continuities crossed.

... Thats a good idea

I doubt they'll actually post images of the variant covers for that exact reason, though.

what do you guys think of the harley black and white second edition? I much prefer the first edition's black paint to the lighter shade, but the second edition is cheaper/easier to get.

I've bought recolors in the past because the original was too expensive. Sometimes I end up liking the recolor more.

In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only The Analog Man.

I will say that one of the things that irks me a bit about Valiant is how grimdark so much of the near to far future seems to be. It often feels extremely nihilist and hopeless going forward even a short bit. Today there are flawed "heroes", but tomorrow they will all fail and everything will completely go to hell. You can certainly tell a good story that way, but when it's basically every character and story in the entire line it gets a bit draining.

Messi

what do you guys think of the harley black and white second edition? I much prefer the first edition's black paint to the lighter shade, but the second edition is cheaper/easier to get.

It's nice but not as nice as the first edition. But I'm sure the first edition is expensive. It was as it released and shops overcharged for it due to over ordering problems.

SoilBreak

Banned
All right comicgaf...let's say you get to keep one Batman, one Batgirl and one Robin. Everyone else is dead and stays dead for at least a decade. Who are your picks?

Edit: Messi with the mind reading, wow

Batman:Dick
Robin: Tim Drake
Batgirl:Cass

Would rather have Babs as Oracle though.

Messi

Joelle Jones art in Lady Killer deserves an award of some kind. Laura Allreds colours too. My goodness. So glad more of this book is coming.

That's p excellent

I'm pretty sure Tom Muller is doing all the book designs and logos for Valiant now

Really smart of Valiant. Getting the top designer in comics to design their books.

Archea has excellent design on their books too. I don't know who does those but I think they're in house rather than contracted out

rian hughes did a lot of their stuff early on i think

IHB0GBX.jpg

Miller is an artist. Undeniably, the man is still an artist.

That said, I give up trying to figure out what's going on with that arm/leg/whatever.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just finished Ex Machina. Wasn't a fan of the last arc and the ending at all, but I really enjoyed the rest of the comic.

Miller is an artist. Undeniably, the man is still an artist.

That said, I give up trying to figure out what's going on with that arm/leg/whatever.

No way!? That's recent?
Miller's still got it. Love it.

The Humanoids stuff is only the Jodo collabs too, so this should be much more comprehensive (and also probably hella expensive if DH's Manara Library stuff is any indication)
True. Manara volumes run like 50 or 60 retail... hmm well I'll take them anyway. I mean it's Moebius in beautiful oversized hardcovers. I'll pay whatever

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
who is Bachalo going to put in a tiny mini skirt now that hes on Dr.Strange?

Wong?

Wow guys, this new Transformers game is awful. It relies purely on nostalgia and gameplay to make you forget that you're doing the same boring shit as in every other beat-em-up ever, only in more boring levels than any of those games ever had. I should have known when reviews from the major sites haven't been forthcoming on release day. Platinum just doesn't have it anymore. They're the Square Enix of action games.

Top Bottom