• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Malyse

Generations Spider-Man was good. Huge WTF at Generations Captain America.

-----

Considering that he's had Deadpool kill Gwenpool in two separate comics this year, I'm thinking Bunn doesn't like her very much.

People nitpick and blame Bendis for random stuff all the time.

I agree that Bendis doesn't get culture but Miles is just a kid who isn't in tune with his Puerto Rican side and honestly that's fine. There are so many Latinos that don't know spanish. It's just like that.

I know people have a hard-on for crucifying Bendis, and it wouldn't be a bad idea for someone to take the reigns from him since he's writing so many books right now (Miles the longest)...

But come the fuck on. Christ.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Time for the prince to return.

4767502-superboy.jpg

This is the path forward, Marvel. You got it with Wolverine, offering every version of Wolverine under the sun at once. You seemingly figured it out with Hawkeye, though the book is just okay. Just... do that for everyone.

I agree that Bendis doesn't get culture but Miles is just a kid who isn't in tune with his Puerto Rican side and honestly that's fine. There are so many Latinos that don't know spanish. It's just like that.

My best friend is half-Korean and speaks absolutely no Korean whatsoever.

MG310

I...did pretty well at the St. Jude's auction.

A lot of stuff went low but there were 175 items so they broke the record.

The Cho Harley went for 2300, the Frank Miller (which turned out to be about 18x24 inches) only went for 4,000.

They got some nice late entries too - a J. Scott Campbell Spidey/Mary Jane sketch cover that went for 3,000 and an Alex Ross cover

Sandfox

One day left for Marvel Comics to hype up 2018...

We're not going to get anything tomorrow. Marvel is just going to ride the currently announced big storylines until some time in Winter when they start to announce stuff like the new Avengers line.

mreddie

We're not going to get anything tomorrow. Marvel is just going to ride the currently announced big storylines until some time in Winter when they start to announce stuff like the new Avengers line.

1185284.gif

It seemed like they brought Nick Spencer to that Cup O' Joe for no reason other than for Brevoort to make a comment that he's done ruining Captain America.

Jeebus, this fucking con was a joke.

Was Dick ever turned into a Talon? I read Robin War, but it just showed him joining. Not a Talon. I can't find the page, but there's a scene in Grayson where it shows every incarnation of Dick, and one of them has him in something akin to a Talon suit.

One day left for Marvel Comics to hype up 2018...

It's not happening. Legacy is their DCYou. You got another six months to a year before they have anything to really right the ship, if at all.

Ding ding ding.

Some Nobody

Conner needs to come back without the stupid t-shirt/jeans look, but he absolutely needs to come back. Best Superboy. Also, I had a feeling James Tynion was going to be great when he was working on Talon. He proves it with every issue of Detective he writes.

Considering that he's had Deadpool kill Gwenpool in two separate comics this year, I'm thinking Bunn doesn't like her very much.

:( That makes me not like Bunn very much, and he's usually very good.

https://twitter.com/Elana_Brooklyn/status/916822955128127488

Bendis isn't perfect, but this feels like a nitpick. There are a lot of latin people that don't call their grandmother abuela.

Anything to drag Bendis for not letting someone else write Miles even though he came up with the character and isn't done writing him. Plus it feels like there've been mild references to how his mother is more in touch with her Latin heritage than Miles, so I'm thinking it was a purposeful choice. If you want the kid more in touch with his Latin background, that's Nova.

It's not happening. Legacy is their DCYou. You got another six months to a year before they have anything to really right the ship, if at all.

LOL. I remember having faith in DCYou til they proved they were just going to keep botching it up. Still, it didn't last terribly long at all before DC got the picture. I think they're staying quiet until all their pieces are in place after the Avengers weekly.

Some Nobody

No T-shirt and jeans look worked. Ever.

Fixed, and accurate. If its not Conner with the shades and the leather jacket I'm not sure what we're even doing. Mopey Conner wasn't cool.

Edit: Okay I'm wrong. Cass rocked the T-Shirt and Jeans look eventually and that worked for her.

oh God damn. IST gonna be getting Hellboy in Hell Library Edition, Absolute Authority Vol.1, Walking Dead HC Vol.14, AND the Darkseid War omnibus this week. RIP

Dark Nights Metal #3
Mister Miracle #3
New Superman #16
Ragman #1
Black Science #32
Defenders #6
Gwenpool #21
Ms. Marvel #23
Doctor Aphra #13

Also:

I checked out this superboy character in Wikipedia, read the first couple paragraphs and still have no idea who this person is or how he connects to Superman, exactly. For that matter, who is Superman, even. There are two or something? And people say Marvel is confusing.

Olivia Wilde is very pretty in person

I'm happy you got to not only see her, but enjoy her work in person. Must have been so exciting!

VeeP

Who was the Superboy in the New 52 then?

Oh boy, New 52 Superboy... was... complicated. He's basically a clone of Superman & Lois's son, from the future (Jon Kent), created by an organization that wants to capture all meta humans and brought Superboy to the present time to help do that.

He fought the Titans, Supergirl, etc., and eventually became a good guy. And he actually had a really good death scene, it was a three part crossover with Superman/Supergirl/Superboy. Pretty good way to end him when all is said and done.

But then he came back after some time travel shenanigans, but he got replaced with Jon Kent. Jon Kent ended up back with the Titans in the present timeline, and masqueraded as Conor, while Conor stayed in the future I think.

Idk, that shit was confusing. And bad.

Fixed, and accurate. If its not Conner with the shades and the leather jacket I'm not sure what we're even doing. Mopey Conner wasn't cool.

Edit: Okay I'm wrong. Cass rocked the T-Shirt and Jeans look eventually and that worked for her.

I stand by Some Nobody. This is the hill I will proudly die on. While T-Shirt and jeans is a good look and not necessarily bad even, it lacks all personality and style that Conner had before.

Sandfox

Oh boy, New 52 Superboy... was... complicated. He's basically a clone of Superman & Lois's son, from the future (Jon Kent), created by an organization that wants to capture all meta humans and brought Superboy to the present time to help do that.

He fought the Titans, Supergirl, etc., and eventually became a good guy. And he actually had a really good death scene, it was a three part crossover with Superman/Supergirl/Superboy. Pretty good way to end him when all is said and done.

But then he came back after some time travel shenanigans, but he got replaced with Jon Kent. Jon Kent ended up back with the Titans in the present timeline, and masqueraded as Conor, while Conor stayed in the future I think.

Idk, that shit was confusing. And bad.
Well at least he wasn't New 52 Bart Allen lol.

Top Bottom