• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Messi

Ugh... reading Civil War Xmen #4. Why did I buy this POS? 0/5. I don't care about the rest of it.

Has there been a single one of the event books that have been worth while? All I got was the first ASM one and I realized I didn't give a shit about Ulysses and quit that shit.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Black Hammer #3: Love the character studies of each issue. Excellence all around.

It does a great job of focusing each issue on a new character while keeping you up on the others and slowly expanding the overall mystery.

Hard to believe this is the same guys who writes the turd known as Extraordinary X-Men.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
It does a great job of focusing each issue on a new character while keeping you up on the others and slowly expanding the overall mystery.

Hard to believe this is the same guys who writes the turd known as Extraordinary X-Men.

Lemire has done some other excellent stuff.

Beside for Dr. Strange and Black Panther, Marvel can fuck off-- their shit is tiresome.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Beside for Dr. Strange and Black Panther, Marvel can fuck off-- their shit is tiresome.

Yeah I've been recommended his other creator owned stuff before. I'm sure it's good but none of it really appeals to me. Especially anything he draws himself. Not a fan of his art at all.

Oh, Vision is pretty great, too. But that makes 3 books out of how many?

Aside from the three you mentioned and excluding all titles that are participating in CWII, I think Black Widow, Mighty Thor, Moon Knight, Nighthawk, Old Man Logan, and Silver Surfer are all great books. I'm also enjoying ASM, Astonishing Ant-Man, Gwenpool, Spider-Man & Deadpool and Unbeatable Squirrel Girl right now but YMMV on those.

Sandfox

My opinion on this month's issue of Archie is the exact same as last month's word for word lol.

There are other enjoyable books depending on what you like.

Aside from the three you mentioned and excluding all titles that are participating in CWII, I think Black Widow, Mighty Thor, Moon Knight, Nighthawk, Old Man Logan, and Silver Surfer are all great books. I'm also enjoying ASM, Astonishing Ant-Man, Gwenpool, Spider-Man & Deadpool and Unbeatable Squirrel Girl right now but YMMV on those.

Gwenpool has been great!

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

I much more agree with this than the other lists.

Things in Marvel that I find great:

Vision
Black Panther
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
Patsy Walker, AKA Hellcat
Silver Surfer
Mockinbird (technically)
Doctor Strange
Mighty Hulk
Black Widow
Ms. Marvel (Give or take a CWII crossover)
Power Man and Iron Fist

Messi

I much more agree with this than the other lists.

Things in Marvel that I find great:

Vision
Black Panther
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
Patsy Walker, AKA Hellcat
Silver Surfer
Mockinbird (technically)
Doctor Strange
Mighty Hulk
Black Widow
Ms. Marvel (Give or take a CWII crossover)
Power Man and Iron Fist

Somebody isn't reading Moon Girl and Devil Dino.

Also no Spider-Woman? What is this trash list?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My favorite Marvel titles so far.....

Spider-Woman
AN Wolverine
Mockingbird
A-Force
Deadpool and the Mercs for Money
Power Man and Iron Fist

Still haven't read Black Panther or X-Men 92

The Mighty Thor #11
tumblr_nlh3olZjyb1qlqsnio1_500-1430494442.gif

giphy.gif

"Aries" is one of the principal characters in Hickman's SHIELD.

I figured, but I wasn't sure. I'll check that out...some day.

Messi

True. Marvel has great books, I just wish they wouldn't insist on trying to kill them with shitty tie-ins and crossovers.
Spider-Woman :(

Spider-Woman isn't dead. Just getting a new artist.

Cheer up :p

Coming November 2nd, with Veronica Fish on art (she was on Archie for a while) Part 1 of the new arc Scare Tactics. Also the book is branded NOW Spider-Woman

mreddie

Yeah, the good Marvel books are the ones you guys pointed out.

I need to catch up on Titans. And two annuals next week? Fuck.

Top Bottom