• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

shingi70

Banned
Marvel needs to get back to basics and have it's next event pull a Darkside war and be pretty black and white. Maybe that's what Captain Hydra is leading up too.

TheFlow

Banned
Any of the Fables spin-offs worth getting? Don't really care about Jack but I like Cinderella's character.

fairest. jack is interesting, but like cinderalla can be skipped.

I read the last volume of fables, but skipped a couple inbetween. kinda lost interest in the series, and the ending was meh.

Any of the Fables spin-offs worth getting? Don't really care about Jack but I like Cinderella's character.

Branching off of this, is Fables worth going back to? I want to say I fell off of reading it around the time (BIG SPOILER:)
Gipetto was revealed as the villain?

fairest. jack is interesting, but like cinderalla can be skipped.

I read the last volume of fables, but skipped a couple inbetween. kinda lost interest in the series, and the ending was meh.

This may answer my question.

Branching off of this, is Fables worth going back to? I want to say I fell off of reading it around the time (BIG SPOILER:)

We went maybe a volume or two afterwards the end of that plotline then just totally dropped off. The series was a really good gateway for my partner into comics and I liked reading along and there was a bulk of it at the time so that was fun, but I'm not really a fan of Willingham's writing style.

We went maybe a volume or two afterwards the end of that plotline then just totally dropped off. The series was a really good gateway for my partner into comics and I liked reading along and there was a bulk of it at the time so that was fun, but I'm not really a fan of Willingham's writing style.

Ah, that's a bummer. I was a big fan near the start and started to fall off but I fell off of comics hard around that time and Fables and 100 Bullets has been two series I've thought about going back to the most.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

This may answer my question.

Fables was good until they defeat the Adversary ( I think that's around issue 100). Then it kind of meanders with some highlights but a lot of moderately ok things and then it ends.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

thats where i stopped as well

it felt like an amazing conclusion and a clean step away point when the end of that arc happens @ like issue 75

I found it dumb because like usual these "futures" are reactions to the way she and others have continually escalated the situation. They have been shown what could happen if they continue down this road but instead of taking a minute to reflect we get for the fiftieth time "YOU'RE UNDER ARREST!". There's no subtlety to this event at all. If I was one of the kid heroes I'd end up disillusioned as well because fuck the lot of those adults.
You bring up a good point about the futures being reactions, because that's exactly what Tony's point is.
It's an expansion on the Superboy Prime concept, except funny.
They should meet up
Yeah, but, his body of work is A LOT of Sad Dads.

First thing he did when he took Cap was to make him a sad dad.
Wolverine became a sad dad at the end of Uncanny X-Force and throughout Uncanny Avengers.
I am just going to have to buy the issue today. gotta be ready for part 3 next week.
You should be reading it constantly. Never stop.
Damn, Karnak fucked that guy up.
Dude pushed the wrong buttons.
I'm curious as to if the dude was actually a "landmine" as Karnak called him or if Karnak was really upset and covering his tracks.
I can't fight this article totally, but I again say that Carol is basically having a mental breakdown. Besides, it seems like the main argument is "A-list female characters aren't allowed to be manipulated."
Brian Michael Bendis is going to be defending the last page of CWII #5 in interviews for the rest of his career.
If he can pay it off properly in the following issues, it'll get swept away and people will stop caring. Maybe. Probably not, but it'll get points in my book.
Eh, I liked CW #5
I didn't hate it as much as some, but compared to what came before it, it's pretty bad.

Superman #7 was like the perfect superhero comic book. Loved it. Dan Didio was so stupid to say heros shouldn't be in relationships. Aquaman/Mera, Supes/Louis, Spider-Man/Mary Jane etc etc. some of my favorite books involve the hero juggling relationships.

I'm going to see a movie about the Avengers set in the old west.
Superman #7 was like the perfect superhero comic book. Loved it. Dan Didio was so stupid to say heros shouldn't be in relationships. Aquaman/Mera, Supes/Louis, Spider-Man/Mary Jane etc etc. some of my favorite books involve the hero juggling relationships.

Goku and Chi-Chi.

Messi

Probably my favorite superhero comics issue since this.

640.jpg

No shock that most of that creative team is the exact same.

The Batman and Robin issue is just perfect.

"You failed Mother, we beat you. I'm still here... I'M STILL HERE"

I just love that run.

if Seven to Eternity is why we can't have Jerome Opeña doing Big Two stuff, then it must be said that

it's not been worth it. At all. It's another Rick Remender comic about sad dads, except this one looks better than the other in some ways and worse in others (namely in the way Matt Hollingsworth isn't Dean White). Most of #1 is the dullest world-building, and that's in spite of having One great idea to start things with.

What a fucking bummer of a book.

I didn't hate StE, but it certainly didn't hook me. It feels like a retread of older Remender works. It even bears some similarities to Low, in terms of plot.

I actually think some of these are fine like:

The rest is just pervy fanservice, which is sad cuz I lovd Jeffrey 'Chamba' Cruz and his Mika is just typical fanservice. Juri's is the worst. It's like they wanted to go kinda moe with the art style but also have her not look like a child.

I've always enjoyed UDON art. Of course there were going to be some pervy pics in a swimsuit issue. They are making a swimsuit issue of imaginary characters. Pick up a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue and half of those girls aren't even wearing swimsuits anymore. Or they're wearing half of one.

Holy shit, Omega Men is all sold out here in Sweden.

Did DC only send you guys like, a dozen copies?

How is the last page the worst thing about it?

It was certainly the most rage-inducing part of the book. I generally like Carol as a character, but this whole arc with Ulysses has turned her into an absolute power-mad, freedom-stomping cunt.

Have we had the Cave Carson preview linked yet? Click

This actually looks really groovy. Oeming's art didn't look this good last time I saw it.

what the fuck

compared to Oeming's recent work with Bendis this is fucking beautiful and super well made

how is this from the same guy who did United States of Murder Inc

Modern Bendis may be like a reverse King Midas.

I didn't hate StE, but it certainly didn't hook me. It feels like a retread of older Remender works. It even bears some similarities to Low, in terms of plot.

I've always enjoyed UDON art. Of course there were going to be some pervy pics in a swimsuit issue. They are making a swimsuit issue of imaginary characters. Pick up a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue and half of those girls aren't even wearing swimsuits anymore. Or they're wearing half of one.

Did DC only send you guys like, a dozen copies?

It was certainly the most rage-inducing part of the book. I generally like Carol as a character, but this whole arc with Ulysses has turned her into an absolute power-mad, freedom-stomping cunt.

This actually looks really groovy. Oeming's art didn't look this good last time I saw it.

Modern Bendis may be like a reverse King Midas.
6 to each of the 2 shops carrying comic trades in Stockholm. They've ordered more now.

TheFlow

Banned
The art preview looks amazing on all the young animal books. Shade the changing girl preview is so weird. I can tell people are going to be very divisive on it

Hagi

Goku and Chi-Chi.

Goku and Vegeta is more believable.

The family dynamic adds more weight to the character for me. This is the most fun I've had reading a comic in a long while. Really need to pick up Batman and Robin from this team.

Ah, that's a bummer. I was a big fan near the start and started to fall off but I fell off of comics hard around that time and Fables and 100 Bullets has been two series I've thought about going back to the most.

Well you should definitely go back to 100 bullets, it's fantastic. Really looking forward dot moonshine hitting trade. About Fables, I might actually check out never after. Like I say Willingham writing bugged me but I always loved the concept so fables written by different people seems like a good middle ground to me.

give this to me now

Haha I wish I could! There's really a chance they stick all these books isn't there? The only thing about mother panic is even if its great, the artist being able to keep schedule could be an issue, I might remember stuff by him being delayed in the past? That could be wrong though.

The family dynamic adds more weight to the character for me. This is the most fun I've had reading a comic in a long while. Really need to pick up Batman and Robin from this team.

I read the first two or three HCs of the new 52 run they did, it was pretty fun! I liked what Tomasi tried to do with Damien, and the relationship between him and Bruce. Having an 8 year old in the house myself, it's hard not to think something about Damien as a real kid and what a mess he actually would be. Aging him to a teenager was probably a good idea.

IDK if I should get the $100 version of Gears 4 just to get it early.

Same. I'm humming and hawing about it. I heard Disturbed's version of The Sound of Silence on the radio while going home and that pushed me into the "YES!" camp.

I love Gears. I'm glad I don't have to buy an Xbox One to play the new one though.

Top Bottom