• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

It's less than a week anyway. You get the season pass as well, but the DLC doesn't matter unless you're hosting custom games since if a map is in rotation, you can play it in matchmaking as long as you own the game itself.

Oh okay jesus no haha. I thought you guys meant it would unlock gears like this weekend for a mo haha. I don't entirely reject the idea of getting the game early as an incentive for buying it digitally or something, since £50 on xbox live is a good 10-15 more than I'd pay physical anyway, but noooo, not 80 for a few days haha

Hagi

Hey I quite like horzon
tumblr_o4b9y3gcw01uxigdwo1_500.png

Hor-Zon is probably a green lantern somewhere

Are you guys really getting the pc version? I need peeps to play with

You know, honestly I was originally considering pc but I'm not sure I want to deal with the windows store stuff I might just settle for the xbox.

I thought we were all buying paper mario color splash that week anyway??

Donnie hawd yar tongue pal am sick ah yar pish

Haha oh dear. We should stop before they all realise what we really sound like and we become unwelcome.

I'm getting the PC version, no Xbox here either. New TV first, then a PS4 Pro for Christmas maybe.

I thought we were all buying paper mario color splash that week anyway??

That went live on the Nintendo store either yesterday or today by mistake.

I'm going to be rebuying a 3DS in order to get Super Mario Maker for 3DS. I'd buy a Wii U but it's too close to NX now. I need next-gen Breath of the Wild like I need.....well, breath.

Hagi

I might have to hit you up. Thought I am not a fan of Xbox live for pc

I haven't bought anything from the Windows store before but it's not like Gears or Horizon will land on Steam a la Quantum Break so I'm all out of options. The UWP stuff sounds kind of whack but whatever.

Haha oh dear. We should stop before they all realise what we really sound like and we become unwelcome.

I usually don't think I sound super Scottish but then I hear a recording of my voice and it's like I'm an extra on Rab C.

IDK if I should get the $100 version of Gears 4 just to get it early.

People just don't value their money anymore. Maybe I should buy more Overwatch loot boxes...

jk, last time I did that I ended up getting mostly doubles, so I had over 2000 credits by the time I finished opening them. I'll wait until they release Sombra or some new costumes.

What character are you fairly certain you are the only fan of
but still want a comic for
?

Is that an evil Hatsune Miku?

Super duper rainbow edition pre-ordered.

Hey if you preorder on the ninty store you get stickers!!...

That went live on the Nintendo store either yesterday or today by mistake.

I'm going to be rebuying a 3DS in order to get Super Mario Maker for 3DS. I'd buy a Wii U but it's too close to NX now. I need next-gen Breath of the Wild like I need.....well, breath.

...or if you preorder digital you really do get it two weeks early. Super agressive marketing against gears!

3ds is good times man, I've been playing dragon quest all week. Right now even dun dun dun. With the new pikmin, 3ds mario maker etc looks like it'll get some decent support post nx too. Poor wii u though, no one wants it :( I love it and it's off tv glory so much as well haha.

I usually don't think I sound super Scottish but then I hear a recording of my voice and it's like I'm an extra on Rab C.

I feel the same way man, I think we're just in denial. Plus, let's face it you're dumfries right? You guys have accent out the ass hahaha

3ds is good times man, I've been playing dragon quest all week. Right now even dun dun dun. With the new pikmin, 3ds mario maker etc looks like it'll get some decent support post nx too. Poor wii u though, no one wants it :( I love it and it's off tv glory so much as well haha.

I sold my ambassador 3DS because I've been stony broke while being in between jobs. I like games, but I have a good PC, and I also like food, warmth and the roof over my head. My phone also broke the day before I was due to hear back about an interview, so I had to buy one fast.

Thankfully, now I'm employed again, it's not a problem. Well it is because I'm not paid for another week, but it is what it is. I had to buy a coat as well as hoodies are only allowed in the building on casual Fridays and weekends (my supervisor had a Harley Quinn shirt today, and my Team Leader has a Steven Universe tattoo, I know I'm going to like it here now). I still need a water bottle as well because I'm talking all day, and there's free water refills instead of buying bottled from the canteen.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
How many issues did you read? I only read the first issue and it was so bad I ran away screaming.

I just read #3. It was better than the first two. It finally introduced a human with a name. It's also the the first time the aliens have been semi-interesting. It left off with a nice cliffhanger so I'll probably give it a 4th issue. I'm still not betting on it getting past the first arc though and I can't really recommend giving it another shot.

I sold my ambassador 3DS because I've been stony broke while being in between jobs. I like games, but I have a good PC, and I also like food, warmth and the roof over my head. My phone also broke the day before I was due to hear back about an interview, so I had to buy one fast.

Thankfully, now I'm employed again, it's not a problem. Well it is because I'm not paid for another week, but it is what it is. I had to buy a coat as well as hoodies are only allowed in the building on casual Fridays and weekends (my supervisor had a Harley Quinn shirt today, and my Team Leader has a Steven Universe tattoo, I know I'm going to like it here now). I still need a water bottle as well because I'm talking all day, and there's free water refills instead of buying bottled from the canteen.

Sounds great man, glad you're settling into the new job. Being broke and unemployed is miserable business, I don't miss it haha. Also to be fair, I would take any one of the things you listed over the original 3ds model. The xl though...haha. Nintendo is good times though. Even with the nx on the horizon, it's never a bad time to jump back in. I have a PC and the other consoles and so on, but the game si ge ton my 3ds and wii u are legit so different and usually so relaxing.

To be fair, it creates a lot of family time bonding, which is a priority these days but I play as much on my own too.

Dropped a lot of stuff from my pull list this week and I feel really bad about it given some of the stuff I was enjoying.

Ugh... Balancing comics and gaming at this time of the year is gonna be rough.

Also Scalped Scalped Scalped!

Sounds great man, glad you're settling into the new job. Being broke and unemployed is miserable business, I don't miss it haha. Also to be fair, I would take any one of the things you listed over the original 3ds model. The xl though...haha. Nintendo is good times though. Even with the nx on the horizon, it's never a bad time to jump back in. I have a PC and the other consoles and so on, but the game si ge ton my 3ds and wii u are legit so different and usually so relaxing.

To be fair, it creates a lot of family time bonding, which is a priority these days but I play as much on my own too.

My older nephews only ever want to play FIFA. The only reason I buy it now is to practice so I can still beat them. The day they beat me, I'm only fit for the glue factory.

My niece likes Mario, and my brother's youngest son is crazy about Overwatch for some reason. He's 5, so he's too young to play, he just likes the characters, the shorts on YouTube and watches me play sometimes. When I die it's "Is your fella okay?" "He'll be back in a second, he just needs to get fixed!"

People just don't value their money anymore. Maybe I should buy more Overwatch loot boxes...

jk, last time I did that I ended up getting mostly doubles, so I had over 2000 credits by the time I finished opening them. I'll wait until they release Sombra or some new costumes.
I guess I'll use the extra money to buy Firewatch.

Also Scalped Scalped Scalped!

Oh hey look, I don't need to edit anything this time xD

When I die it's "Is your fella okay?" "He'll be back in a second, he just needs to get fixed!"

Haha this is great!

I'm going through a comic drought until I can get round to buying a new load of trades in. Tim got me excited about BPRD, Primetheus keeps getting me amped about Scalped, I know Brian is going to read Sweet Tooth one of these days...what to reread! I think the next thing I read will actually be the fireman the new joe hill novel. Really meant to read it this summer.

I guess I'll use the extra money to buy Firewatch.

I really loved everything about this game. It's very much a one or two sittings thing too, I've when devs nail an experience like that

Damn, Green Arrow #7 was really good. I'm amazed I'm enjoying this book so much when I never really cared about the character in the past.

Also finished Episode 2 if Telltale Batman. Really fun game. They're now advertising Batman Rebirth after the "Next time on..." sequence.

I hated the bf1 beta

Same. Would have been more fun if you didn't get repeatedly killed by camping pieces of shit.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
This arc of the Spread started off rough but is finishing up quite nicely. The guest artist has grown on me but it will still be nice to have the regular artist back next arc.

Malyse

It's that time in my comic con hype cycle where I hope for a Shazam ongoing, or even JSA. DC really doesn't have to announce anything at all though and they probably aren't feeling pressured by Marvel at all by this point. They just announced JL vs Suicide Squad as well. So I'm expecting a pretty tame NYCC.

Atleast we'll get some more IJ2 characters.

Sandfox

It's that time in my comic con hype cycle where I hope for a Shazam ongoing, or even JSA. DC really doesn't have to announce anything at all though and they probably aren't feeling pressured by Marvel at all by this point. They just announced JL vs Suicide Squad as well. So I'm expecting a pretty tame NYCC.

Atleast we'll get some more IJ2 characters.

Well they have a panel specifically about what's next for Rebirth lol.

How is the last page the worst thing about it?

I have a problem with Miles' first big moment in the Marvel U being him getting arrested for murdering one of the most prominent white Marvel characters (who is, by the way, a secret fascist) when he didn't actually do that and everyone knows he didn't actually do that. It's hamfisted, another shocking twist in a series that has been nothing but, and this character was chosen specifically to make the story feel ripped from the headlines.

Consider how little they have to go on here, and it's incredible the way this happens:
-Ulysses' power is manifesting in a way it never has before. They know less about this vision than any of the others.
-Unless they saw something we didn't see, why do they assume Spider-Man killed SteveCap? It doesn't look good, but I didn't see him kill Steve.
-At this point, basically everyone knows that Ulysses' visions are hardly 100% reliable and that acting upon them can lead to tragic circumstances.
-Unlike the Hulk, unlike most characters, Spider-Man wears a full body costume, head to toe. How many times has Peter been impersonated now? There are several characters present who have been impersonated at least once. Shit, at the exact moment this story is taking place, the Jackal is actively churning out clones and plotting against the Spider-Men! Yet every single character present (with the sole exception of Kamala, though ultimately even she steps aside), including Iron Man, seem so convinced it's him that none of them interfere with the arrest.

Also unlike the Hulk, Spider-Man is an active Avenger. Some of the greatest super heroes in the world fight alongside him and would - one would think - readily vouch for him. Yet none of these characters really comes to his aid here in a meaningful way.

Indeed, this vision is so convincing to everyone that time stands still. The fighting just stops. Despite everything he knows and believes about Ulysses, Iron Man actually holds Steve back from approaching Spider-Man?? Despite everything she's experiencing in her own comic, Kamala doesn't immediately smack the words "you're under arrest" out of Carol's mouth? A moment ago, these characters were at each others throats over the validity of these visions, what's so special about this one that nobody is helping Spider-Man?

I'm not saying BMB, or anyone, can't tell this story, but I think he handled it really horribly so far. Maybe at the top of CWII #6 the fighting starts up again and Tony saves Spider-Man from Carol, but even if that's the case it doesn't redeem the end of CWII #5 in which nobody lifted a finger just so BMB could have a big flashy moment where Carol profiles the Black kid.

Top Bottom