• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Sexuality is a super wide spectrum of singular, personal experiences informed by one's experience. That said, elements in Wonder Woman's backstory and the history of her attitudes to attraction in published comics point to the interpretation that Wonder Woman is bisexual. That's my argument for it.

PS: There's nothing inherently sexual to being bisexual, and I speak here from sad, personal experience. Saying Wonder Woman is bi is more about acknowledging both the character's history and the fact that bisexual people exist, read comic books, and like to see themselves represented in comic books. Considering how few characters in Big Two comics are stated to be bi, one more, and one with as big a profile as Wonder Woman, would be pretty nice.
WW being bisexual is one of the biggest duhs in comics imo. Makes a lot of sense in a lot of different ways for the character. Has it been explicitly stated she had no sexual experiences or attraction prior to leaving her home and meeting Trevor? It would be kind of dumb to say a society of women becomes asexual in the absence of men.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Her brother is gay but there was the opera scene in Batman and Robin Eternal that made me think Harper and Cass had feelings for each other.

That's the scene I'm thinking of. I just assumed it confirmed her sexuality.

WW being bisexual is one of the biggest duhs in comics imo. Makes a lot of sense in a lot of different ways for the character. Has it been explicitly stated she had no sexual experiences or attraction prior to leaving her home and meeting Trevor? It would be kind of dumb to say a society of women becomes asexual in the absence of men.

ctdpuq0vmaa6d5ievsw4.jpg

Were supposed to get married in a Simone arc but JMS took over the book so it had to be scrapped. They were meant to have been close for 3000 years but could never marry while Hippolyta was queen to her having to sacrifice everything personal for the needs of the many. Her first act after giving the crown to Diana was to kneel down right away in front of Philippus and say ""I am no longer queen. I am a free woman. Will you have me, forever?".

The rest of the amazons were thus probably married, lovers etc since their queen had to abstain.

She's pretty obviously a teenager

Says the expert. *runs*

tumblr_n9lza9GgWK1tfa8pto1_500.gif

mutants need a break from comics. and all the writers on mutants except jeff and Tom Taylor should be fired asap. like pack your shit and go work at subway

I think you might be taking the writing quality on those books a little too personally m8.

Picked up DQVII at my gaming store.

Yeah, I put about 200 hours into the OG Playstation version. They really rebuilt this one from the ground up.

Harper Row feels like she is bi and probably into Steph.

Where has Harper been? I haven't seen her in ages. Or am I just not reading the books she does appear in?

The original had character sprites. They switched to 3D models and upped the scale of the architecture.

Yea I saw a comparison thing that really blew me away, really impressive work all things considered. I actually have this strange feeling this will look better than viii in a way, since they've had to strip that back a bit to fit on the hardware, and I actually played that one.

VanWinkle

I wonder who they'll add to the Detective Comics team right now, if anybody. Would like to see them add another guy but I can't think of anyone that would be good.

Yea I saw a comparison thing that really blew me away, really impressive work all things considered. I actually have this strange feeling this will look better than viii in a way, since they've had to strip that back a bit to fit on the hardware, and I actually played that one.

It actually really surprised me how good this game looks for a 3DS title.

I wonder who they'll add to the Detective Comics team right now, if anybody. Would like to see them add another guy but I can't think of anyone that would be good.

It's time for....TALON. I respond to your thoughts about Superheavy btw man.

It actually really surprised me how good this game looks for a 3DS title.

Totally agree. The framerate sinks a little at times but it's all great, I'm in love with it haha. Just leaving all trades abbey to return to the present.

VanWinkle

It's time for....TALON. I respond to your thoughts about Superheavy btw man.

Totally agree. The framerate sinks a little at times but it's all great, I'm in love with it haha. Just leaving all trades abbey to return to the present.

Talon could be alright.

Oh yeah, I saw your response while sitting in my car before work and didn't have time to respond. I definitely didn't hate it or anything. It's hard to hate anything with Snyder and Capullo. I was just disappointed. I have loved every arc from them on Batman and this was the first one that I just felt...was pretty good.

Talon could be alright.

Oh yeah, I saw your response while sitting in my car before work and didn't have time to respond. I definitely didn't hate it or anything. It's hard to hate anything with Snyder and Capullo. I was just disappointed. I have loved every arc from them on Batman and this was the first one that I just felt...was pretty good.

Feels like a good time for it to be wrapping up anyway man. I love the team but I'm ready for something different. Looking forward to the king stuff! Snyder and Capullo, what next. Snyder always talked about a wonder woman story he wants to tell. I'd take that! Snyder loves to mythologise in his storytelling anyway

TheFlow

Banned
Says the expert. *runs*

tumblr_n9lza9GgWK1tfa8pto1_500.gif

I think you might be taking the writing quality on those books a little too personally m8.

Yeah, I put about 200 hours into the OG Playstation version. They really rebuilt this one from the ground up.

Where has Harper been? I haven't seen her in ages. Or am I just not reading the books she does appear in?
Shit is shit mane.

mreddie

Going on a trip up North in 2 weeks so the NOW thread maybe posted eariler or give the keys to someone else. Preview...
Occupy Avengers by David Walker (W) and Gabriel Walta (A): In 2016, an archer was sent to prison by a military court for a crime he did commit and got away with it. Today, he survives as a soldier of fortune and is traveling the country to fight for those in need while looking for those to join him. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the Occupy Avengers.
Hawkeye by Kelly Thompson (W) and Leonardo Romero (A): Kate Bishop goes west again and starts up a new private investigation firm. Think Psych but with more arrows!
U.S.Avengers by Al Ewing (W) and Paco Medina (A): A.I.M becomes Real American Heroes fighting for AMERICA! Also Red Hulk has a mustache!

Going on a trip up North in 2 weeks so the NOW thread maybe posted eariler or give the keys to someone else. Preview...

Remember to copy the "Hopefully the event will be over in December" hope from the ANAD thread. Funny how they've had the same problem 2 relaunches in a row.

Sandfox

Kelly Thompson compared Hawkeye to Veronica Mars, though I do love me some Psych.
marvel is so stupid for not offering king a contract

homie should be doing 12 issue runs of a ton of heroes
DC offered him a contract AND Batman though lol.
Remember to copy the "Hopefully the event will be over in December" hope from the ANAD thread. Funny how they've had the same problem 2 relaunches in a row.

Different issues leading to the same results unfortunately.

So, this Dead No More event is about Doc Ock?
Dead No More is about the Jackal bringing back characters close to Peter and some of his villians.

After finally finding a sale that made Moon Knight Vol. 1 finally affordable, and reading through it again, I must reiterate and stand by my point that if you want to make a flagging or failing book readable again you hire Warren Ellis to do some mercenary work for you, have him reboot the character/group and then have other authors ride his coat-tails until they inevitably fuck it up and drag the writing down with standard comic book horseshit or smash it into the general Marvel/DC malaise of titles.

Seriously, this is some high tier shit.

Power Man and Iron Fist #8...

How does Carol and her side manage to get worse and worse with each conflict.

And Storm? Not a good look.

Yeah and the book looks amazing.

http://www.cbr.com/spider-man-the-clone-conspiracy-1/

Storm is on her side because she wants she wants to help mutants with the predictions.

That doesn't even really make sense to me. Mutants are one prediction away from Carol showing up at their door with an army, trying to arrest them and when they don't comply, saying "see, I tried to do it properly" before going ham on them.

Aka pretty much every prediction ever with her.

Top Bottom