• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord bombs on Steam with less than 1k players on launch day

Killjoy-NL

Have you tried disabling cross play to see how it affect matches? Just out of interest.
I could try it when I get home in a few hours.

Don't expect things to improve drastically, especially since numbers must have dropped a bunch on PS5 as well since last thursday

Then again, today is the first new vignette and new variant since release.

Last edited:
I could try it when I get home in a few hours.

Don't expect things to improve drastically, especially since numbers must have dropped a bunch on PS5 as well since last thursday

Then again, today is the first new vignette and new variant since release.
The game is currently on a domino effect. Player numbers will keep dropping like flies so we are probably close to hit the threshold where you can still get matches. And the matches you do still get must be horrid in connection.

This game must be studied as one of the biggest fuck ups in multiplayer ever, no jokes.

No way someone at Sony didn't see it bombing with all the negative response since its first cinematic and gameplay trailers rolled out.

TrebleShot

Wow hahahahahha bloody he'll.

Must be the worst launch of a modern AAA game in the last 20 years.

What an utter disaster.

Meanwhile BLOPS 6 is fantastic and addictive and has 62k in game.

Killjoy-NL

The game is currently on a domino effect. Player numbers will keep dropping like flies so we are probably close to hit the threshold where you can still get matches. And the matches you do still get must be horrid in connection.

This game must be studied as one of the biggest fuck ups in multiplayer ever, no jokes.

No way someone at Sony didn't see it bombing with all the negative response since its first cinematic and gameplay trailers rolled out.
For sure.

Sony should've seen it coming though and maybe they did, but this big a flop is unexpected, I think. Lol

nowhat

That's.. just sad. It's not even bomb anymore, it's supernova explosion.
As far as cosmology analogies go, a direct collapse black hole (theorized but yet unproven type of black hole formation during the very early moments of the universe, where lots of gas packed together forms a black hole directly insteas of a star) seems more apt.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Planet Of The Apes Laughing GIF

I wonder what the audience on PS5 is, because no way they make it to October with any real playerbase for the first content drop.

Seen some reports that the main mode that doesn't take long for matches is becoming more high level grouped up people versus solos.

Branded

Besides all of the other issues this game has I truly wonder which genius thought it'd be smart to go the pay-to-play route rather than an F2P one. I mean, did they seriously not look at the competition in the space that offers the same (and more) but for free? Bizarre.

Was listening to the Easy Allies podcast today. To my surprise thy spoke very highly about the game and how much fun it is. Cannot help to think that they got some money from Sony as also other outlets to make some promotion for the game.

Sure it might be great and only not enough people bought it, but the huge drops in the player count paint another picture.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I wonder if Sony is just waiting for it to hit 0, then they can quietly shut down the servers and remove Concord from Steam without anybody noticing and pretend it never existed.

N30RYU

I would not be surprised if Sony pulls the game and issues refunds at this point. It's over.
They are gona wait till the Concord videogame new TV series chapter for a Edge runners effect and when sony realizes that it doesn't move a needle they will shut all down.

Last edited:

Complistic

What games are bigger flops than this one? Like money spent vs copies sold. Is this it? Have we found it?

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
There is nothing about this game that appeals to me, I'd seriously rather play overwatch or valorant. Heck even Rogue Company looks like a better time.

Cyberpunkd

You can still form a game with 29 players
Give it a few days, this thing will hit single digits. At this point I wouldn't be surprised for Steam to be refunding no questions asked (sub-2H is for automatic approvals, you can always request a refund via support even if you played more).

Top Bottom