• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord bombs on Steam with less than 1k players on launch day

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Does sony do the right thing and refund everyone here?

How can you have a game last two weeks and not refund everyone because they cant find a game.

Rough times.

I am sure Sony PlayStation is doing their best here. Besides these are hard earned money and Playstation has no basic refund policy in the first place.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Just pull the plug. Put it out of it's misery.

I agree, I think this is such a catastrophic failure they need to step in and just put it out of its misery.

Refund everyone make it free to play and step away. Just leave it for those that want a blast and run it for a year then turn the servers off or something. I don't even know.

N30RYU

The game subreddit is a sad sight:

LD5TvTm.png

reWgtMl.png
Thanks, got valuable info for future references

CoKL9NI.jpeg

47 in-gane right now... just 11 more to beat a new all time low record.

Last edited:
I agree, I think this is such a catastrophic failure they need to step in and just put it out of its misery.

Refund everyone make it free to play and step away. Just leave it for those that want a blast and run it for a year then turn the servers off or something. I don't even know.
It's probably not that straight forward. They'll have to create a progression in the game that incentivize people to spend money on skins and such. If they just make it free-to-play it would cost them even more money for keeping the servers up for nothing.

It's quite the pickle.

N30RYU

It's probably not that straight forward. They'll have to create a progression in the game that incentivize people to spend money on skins and such. If they just make it free-to-play it would cost them even more money for keeping the servers up for nothing.

It's quite the pickle.
At this point they should refund the 25000 players who bought it and close it... no point in making it f2p and keep the servers open for 40ppl or making it f2p to be closed in a few months to get a lawsuit for ppl who spend money on cosmetics.

Last edited:
Game is warning that 1 hour of scheduled server maintenance is planned.

My bet is they are shutting a bunch of servers down to save money.

Killjoy-NL

Game is warning that 1 hour of scheduled server maintenance is planned.

My bet is they are shutting a bunch of servers down to save money.
Could be.

Today is also the weekly reset + the first new vignette and first new variant that weren't in the beta.

Last edited:

Paasei

this game is cross-platform, right? So wouldn’t the PC players be matched with PS5 to save at the very least some time on their queue?

Nobody truly knows the playerbase on PS5 I think.

Preseznik

Neo Member
At this point they should refund the 25000 players who bought it and close it... no point in making it f2p and keep the servers open for 40ppl or making it f2p to be closed in a few months to get a lawsuit for ppl who spend money on cosmetics.

The correct solution was to include private matches (actual, LAN private matches, not server dependant - you know, technology we've had since the 90s).

But unfortunately, unless proper legislation passes, games like this will continue to just die.

N30RYU

38 In-Game players right now... just two more to get a new low record

They are closing the servers for maintenance and I think ~35 will remain with the game runing in the game menu

Last edited:

PeteBull

Gold Member
The professor is probably just running the server off a Raspberry Pi in his/her bedroom at this point.
professor is fat fuck but still a woman, so not a he/his rofl, irl they cant give women masculine jaws/chins like they do to many western AAA games females,so its usually super ez to know, even when woman is on srs gear u can tell its still a woman

Chukhopops

Just pull the plug. Put it out of it's misery.
I imagine it would be a problem with retailers since the game is still stocked (at least in my local supermarket).

Sometimes stores sell games with deprecated online functionalities but here the game is a couple weeks old. They’ll have to keep the servers running a bit longer.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Soon it will hit Hellblade 2 numbers. But I think its sold even worse than that game as the review numbers are vastly in favour of Hellblade 2.

N30RYU

Right now with 31 In-Game players... there are only 3 matches being played and 1 player waiting for another 9 to log in...
not true since it has cross-play... but funny enough

Last edited:

Resenge

If the report that Concord sold 10,000 on Steam and 15,000 on the PS5, that probably means only 50% more players on the PS5.
This is not accurate, but it would imply there would be a total of 31 + 46 people playing the game.
There is a flaw in your logic. You assume PS5 players are dropping as fast as Pc players and we just do not know if that's true. The dropoff could be less on PS5.

Last edited:

N30RYU

If the report that Concord sold 10,000 on Steam and 15,000 on the PS5, that probably means only 50% more players on the PS5.
This is not accurate, but it would imply there would be a total of 31 + 46 people playing the game.
10.000 on steam with a peak so low is very very strange

Killjoy-NL

That's assuming CCU on PS5 is on par with Steam.

Last edited:

Tiago Rodrigues

Gold Member
The game has hit like 23 players a few hours ago. That's how many people i invited to my birthday party. The game released a week ago.

How can this possibly be happening?

There's no way these past 12 months went by without a few heads rolling at Playstation, from TLOU online cancelation, this game flopping like this, etc.

I can't even imagine some of the internal meetings happening right now about the Haven project. Wouldn't be surprised if Sony just cancels the entire thing.

Z O N E

No way they sold anywhere near 10,000 on Steam.

My guess would be they sold a maximum of about 1500 or MAYBE 2000 at most.

N30RYU

The game has hit like 23 players a few hours ago. That's how many people i invited to my birthday party. The game released a week ago.

There's no way these past 12 months went by without a few heads rolling at Playstation, from TLOU online cancelation, this game flopping like this, etc.

I can't even imagine some of the internal meetings happening right now about the Haven project. Wouldn't be surprised if Sony just cancels the entire thing.
There was supposed to be an hour of manteinance with the servers down... that 23 must be de devs waiting with the gane open in the game menu?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

Its obvious Jim was shown the door. 100%

Killjoy-NL

It's just an indirect estimation.
I'm not saying it's very accurate. But it's what we have.
True, then again, matchmaking should take way longer on average if it was that low on PS5.

Granted, haven't played since last thursday, but it only took 2.5 minutes on average to get in the first match, after that 5-30 secs on average, different players each match.

Would be impossible with like 250 CCU total across Steam and PS5.

winjer

Gold Member
True, then again, matchmaking should take way longer on average if it was that low on PS5.

Granted, haven't played since last thursday, but it only took 2.5 minutes on average to get in the first match, after that 5-30 secs on average, different players each match.

Would be impossible with like 250 CCU total across Steam and PS5.

If we look at how the numbers fluctuate across the day, it seems to indicate that this game has more players on the US, then in the Europe, and finally in Asia.
So how easy it is to find matches, is probably related to where someone is.

Tiago Rodrigues

Gold Member
Its obvious Jim was shown the door. 100%
The man had like 3 different goodbye parties and gave Playstation the biggest revenue ever. He was responsible for the acquisition of everything since Insomniac (including that studio), meaning he's responsible for most of Playstation studio acquisitions. He's responsible for the way cloud evolved to the point it's now better than anything from Xbox, the man was responsible for decreasing the price of PS Now, doubling its userbase before it all joined together for PS Plus, games like Returnal, Helldivers 2, Spider-Man 2, God of War Ragnarok etc were released under his watch. Some of these were record-breaking games for the platform.

If anything Sony was happy with him. And Concord flopping now is nothing to do with Jim leaving.

Killjoy-NL

If we look at how the numbers fluctuate across the day, it seems to indicate that this game has more players on the US, then in the Europe, and finally in Asia.
So how easy it is to find matches, is probably related to where someone is.
True, I'm EU-based though, so my estimates are based off that time-zone.

Still, numbers are pathetic all around.

Edit:

So matchmaking times are as I stated around peak-hours in EU.
Around that time, Steam has ~180 CCU on average.
If PS5 were like 1.5x Steam CCU, you'd get a total of ~500 CCU.

Matchmaking times would be impossible with such a low number, imo.

Then again, might be completely off here. But otherwise I'd run into pretty much the same people non-stop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom