• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord bombs on Steam with less than 1k players on launch day

Holammer

Was listening to the Easy Allies podcast today. To my surprise thy spoke very highly about the game and how much fun it is. Cannot help to think that they got some money from Sony as also other outlets to make some promotion for the game.

Sure it might be great and only not enough people bought it, but the huge drops in the player count paint another picture.
You know the Ferengi rules of acquisition, #33. 'It never hurts to suck up to the boss'. If they go hard on Concord's problems they might be stonewalled by Sony in the future.

Robb

Gold Member
Can’t believe these were all this year..
XkqUxoy.jpeg

Last edited:

sainraja

Not really, if the actual gameplay was decent and fun then the people who are able to look past the wokeness would be sticking around and even recommending it to friends.

That's clearly not happening.
The game certainly has its flaws and entered a genre where there are "many" other popular games. So, gameplay being fun isn't enough when everything else is off, specially when people have other options. It's a competitive space. I don't think you need to look for any other reasons. I personally think the maps are fun - I only dabble for a little bit when looking for something different, with these types of games so maybe that is why but regardless, you are inserting a little bit of your subjective opinion here. You can try arguing you are the majority but I feel like the other reasons are bigger as to why the game is not doing well.

Given the type of game they were making, they should have tried to offer something that would have made it unique. It wasn't enough to just be a game like Overwatch/Valorant with a different theme. It tries doing a few things different with its gameplay but not enough to differentiate it. So, I think that is more likely the reason then what you are trying to present it as, but in the end, that doesn't matter much as the game isn't doing well.

So, in conclusion, you can keep saying B, while some others say A. :D

Last edited:

simpatico

Gold Member
I think there will be another viral 5v5 hero shooter IP before it’s all said and done. Saying it’s a dead genre completely lets Sony off the hook. I do not believe we’ve seen the last of that genre. They just did a piss poor job at making an appealing one.

dottme

So refund are going out. It’s officially dead.
Add link

Last edited:
So refund are going out. It’s officially dead.
Add link
I didn't even get to play my Final Countdown vid :(
Screw it...I'm playing it :)

Meanwhile Quidditch Champions has over 5,5k concurrent players. Not sure who will scream louder, Concord devs or Era...

mSMXuCP.png
I remain baffled at the decision to make this game B2P instead of F2P

It's a fun game, reminded me of Rocket League a bit in the early multiplayer tests. But they are fucking crazy trying to charge for it up front

Barakov

I remain baffled at the decision to make this game B2P instead of F2P

It's a fun game, reminded me of Rocket League a bit in the early multiplayer tests. But they are fucking crazy trying to charge for it up front
It's Harry Potter so they can probably get away with it.

Top Bottom