• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord real open beta is live

clarky

Gold Member
So, 26% played it, 17% thought it was at least okay, 11% liked it.

So, out of all who played it ~31% didn't like it and ~42% liked it.
~65% thought it was at least okay.

That means the majority of players is at least somewhat positive and the biggest issue for Firewalk/Playstation is to get people to try it.
That's a stretch.

I think mcdonalds hamburgers are just ok, but I cant say I actually like them, nor would i choose to eat them.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I hope Sony learns the right lessons from this flopping.

- the resetera poster/ san fran gaming media types are not worth pandering to
- it’s not smart to release a game for $40 that has better games for free in the same genre
- character design matters a lot in a game like this
- nobody is gonna buy skins for a character that is going to look fucking stupid no matter what
- buying a studio that has never shipped a game is probably not smart

I wonder what the budget was and I wonder why Bungie told Sony to cancel Naughty Dogs GaaS yet seemingly gave this their seal of approval for this junk

fallingdove

Sorry . It’s not my problem the game is expensive to make or not. I don’t feel empathy to companies . With all respect only stupid people do.

I don’t need to buy gaas game for them to make a profit . No one told them to hire all these useless purple headed cancel and woke people that drive the costs up.

During the ps4 and ps3 days we get 2 or 3 sequels per generation of games . Now we getting shit ( where is naughty dog game since 2020 ? )

Single player game doesn’t have to be super expensive for me to enjoy it . Steller blade was fun and looked awesome and it’s not even close to development cost of any of Sony running by woke team studios .

This isn’t for Sony. MS is in the same boat . All western devs are like that. I will not pay Sony the money to hire these idiots as an excuse the development cost is too high.

This game is a copycat from games were released 10 years ago with so off and ugly to even look at characters that even a trailer that is supposed to hype the game up is complete shit in my eyes .

This game is a straight flop even if it’s free . And on top that Sony is trying to get money out of it for greed purposes when it’s clearly a ftp game . lol good luck
My argument has very little to do about the companies themselves. And I really don’t give a shit about Concord. [insert game platform/publisher] need to make money in order to finance single player games. Only stupid people think otherwise. Even Stellar Blade failed to set the commercial world on fire and was likely only possible through the funds and guidance that Sony offered the company.

So either you root for the occasional successful GaaS game that compartmentalizes revenue generation/MTX or you embrace the expansion of MTX in the single player experiences you enjoy. I would much prefer the prior. I don’t play GaaS games, I don’t particularly enjoy them but I see their value as part of the ecosystem.

Roxkis_ii

So, 26% played it, 17% thought it was at least okay, 11% liked it.

So, out of all who played it ~31% didn't like it and ~42% liked it.
~65% thought it was at least okay.

That means the majority of players is at least somewhat positive and the biggest issue for Firewalk/Playstation is to get people to try it.
Yeah from every preview I'm seeing, the game play seems to be getting a lot praise for the most part, but I think the games aesthetic and cost are the big barriers to entry.

Found this poll on push square.

jnjAXHu.jpeg

TDVt0TP.jpeg

Frustrated World Cup GIF

SJRB

Gold Member
35th place on Twitch's most watched category.

More people watching Runescape and Chained Together than this.

clarky

Gold Member
35th place on Twitch's most watched category.

More people watching Runescape and Chained Together than this.
I thought with games like this it was the norm that the Publisher paid the popular streamers and youtubers to promote the game?

Is that not the case here? I dont use twitch.

Last edited:

geary

Helldivers 2 was an insanely successful game. Like worldwide phenomenon.

20 thousand concurrent players is pretty damn decent and 450K is gangbusters level!

Helldivers 2 was really something else. Claiming it crashed and burned is insanity.
If HD2 was a phenomenon than Lost Ark was also, The First Descendent is also, Once Human is also....

IMO, HL2 was a good game which had his run....If you want to talk phenomenon, Palworld was one....
At 400K players I'll call it very good game, but no phenomenon.

clarky

Gold Member
If HD2 was a phenomenon than Lost Ark was also, The First Descendent is also, Once Human is also....

IMO, HL2 was a good game which had his run....If you want to talk phenomenon, Palworld was one....
What?

SJRB

Gold Member
I thought with games like this it was the norm that the Publisher paid the popular streamers and youtubers to promote the game?

Is that not the case here? I dont use twitch.

I saw streamers do sponsored streams during the closed beta. Which makes sense, get people excited during the closed beta so they hop on during the open beta.

But still, having less than 16,000 viewers in total on a Friday evening is insanely bad.

clarky

Gold Member
I saw streamers do sponsored streams during the closed beta. Which makes sense, get people excited during the closed beta so they hop on during the open beta.

But still, having less than 16,000 viewers in total on a Friday evening is insanely bad.
Get that disrespect guy back for a couple of hours, should pump up the numbers lol.

Sorry, but this claim is fucking wild and gets destroyed by a 10-second Google search

GHG

Gold Member
I guess everyone on the forum can wait for this game to release to witness you post screenshots of its Steam user reviews and daily player counts. We all know how much you enjoy doing that.

and, I'm the moron lol

Imagine getting triggered by people updating relevant threads with appropriate news and updates. Why is that a problem for you?

Never forget:

Exactly what I said it would be. GHG GHG Must be seething. Once again, Steam proves to be the reviews we can trust.

Welcome to constellation everyone. We are going to be here for years.

Joe Biden Falling GIF

GHG

Gold Member
The today has even less players than yesterday, at the same hour.
Yesterday it was doing 2200 concurrent players. Today, it's doing only 1600 players.
I doubt the weekend will turn things around for this game.

IjT1aaO.png

I'll throw it out there and say it will probably get worse. This thing has zero positive momentum and people would rather spend their weekend playing better games.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Horizon is the most important on PlayStation?
If Horizon is seriously considered "most important" franchise on playstation then this truly sad generation for Sony.

Team ASOBI is only thing I care about form them.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I'll throw it out there and say it will probably get worse. This thing has zero positive momentum and people would rather spend their weekend playing better games.
It has 3k viewers on Twitch with over 2k in one stream that is an ad

Sony better be reading the room on this one

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
This.

I'm more curious about Concord than 99.9% of gamers and after about 20 hours...I'm pretty much done. There's just not much new to discover. The onion feels mostly peeled. I'll check it out at full release hoping they make much needed improvements but my eyes are looking forward to the Arc Raiders horizon now.

Top Bottom