• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord real open beta is live

bender

What time is it?
It has 3k viewers on Twitch with over 2k in one stream that is an ad

Sony better be reading the room on this one
giphy.gif

GHG

Gold Member
It has 3k viewers on Twitch with over 2k in one stream that is an ad

Sony better be reading the room on this one

I think whatever the fuck fairgame is will be in trouble after seeing how this has gone down.

These idiots put money and time in to this instead of expanding Naughty dog so they could appropriately handle factions alongside doing their usual single player stuff. Unbelievable really.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I think whatever the fuck fairgame is will be in trouble after seeing how this has gone down.

These idiots put money and time in to this instead of expanding Naughty dog so they could appropriately handle factions alongside doing their usual single player stuff. Unbelievable really.
I can't believe Ryan green lit this

I have hammered Spencer for green lighting the first Halo Infinite trailer that Ybarra laughed at and thought they were getting punked and even said they couldnt show that and I just wonder if we are seeing the fruits of Jimmies seeds

I know PS is a monster and not disputing that but I go back to Phil and Ybarra sharing a drink celebrating the promotion of Ryan saying he would run PS into the ground but maybe he was pushed out in time we dont see more of this crap

DavidGzz

Gold Member
It's $60 if you want to play on time. Does it even have a campaign? They'll scramble and make it free to play soon enough.

StueyDuck

I'm having fun with the beta for what it's worth, it's really not a bad playing (emphasis on playing) game at all, but once this is done I'm going to uninstall and never touch or think about this game ever again, not a chance am I paying a single cent for anything here.

Since I saw the game for the first time, it didn't look good, I barely play any FPS (if at all), but this one looks terrible and I expected all this shit show, other than that

family guy GIF

StueyDuck

I have hammered Spencer for green lighting the first Halo Infinite trailer that Ybarra laughed at and thought they were getting punked and even said they couldnt show that and I just wonder if we are seeing the fruits of Jimmies seeds

I know PS is a monster and not disputing that but I go back to Phil and Ybarra sharing a drink celebrating the promotion of Ryan saying he would run PS into the ground but maybe he was pushed out in time we dont see more of this crap
as i've said before, I feel pretty confident this wasn't the game that was originally greenlit, I have 0 proof outside of just how the game presents itself. It feels like they had big ideas for a destiny style game, but could only get the PVP actually working well.

This has fuck all to do with managment at this point and everything to do with the changing culture in western development. They want more people to share the wheel and feel included instead of nurturing captain's that can steer the ship. That's why we get fat lards as playable characters, because everyone's contributions should be respected.

All of Sony's studios are going to fall victim to this eventually. Once Naughty Dog loses neil they'll turn to shit.

Last edited:

Fbh

Gold Member
Don't worry Bend's next game is going to reek of focus group slop too.

"You can have this back, but only if you promise to let me use a strap on and ride you as much as you ride your rainbow colored, carbon neutral electric bike "

It's $60 if you want to play on time. Does it even have a campaign? They'll scramble and make it free to play soon enough.

No it's just the multiplayer.
But yeah, unless there's a big shift in the interest and overall perception of the game I'd be surprised if they don't make it F2P by the end of the year. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if it launched on Ps+ extra/premium

This has fuck all to do with managment at this point and everything to do with the changing culture in western development. They want more people to share the wheel and feel included instead of nurturing captain's that can steer the ship. That's why we get fat lards as playable characters, because everyone's contributions should be respected.

All of Sony's studios are going to fall victim to this eventually. Once Naughty Dog loses neil they'll turn to shit.

People don't realize how critical is that whatever new IPs ND and Santa Monica are cooking turn out good.

In the current climate I don't trust either of them to make something new at the level of their previous games.

Last edited:
Not sure what they were expecting or really going for here.

Honestly, the whole GAAS style trend is the worst. Like...you have Fortnite, Warzone, Apex, and arguably Overwatch(which has fallen off, but still).

Outside of those, you are not breaking into the market. Maybe a flash in the pan, but not long term.

You just can't; those games have it locked in and seemingly always will. And you're certainly not going to break into it with a game like this.

clarky

Gold Member
Not sure what they were expecting or really going for here.

Honestly, the whole GAAS style trend is the worst. Like...you have Fortnite, Warzone, Apex, and arguably Overwatch(which has fallen off, but still).

Outside of those, you are not breaking into the market. Maybe a flash in the pan, but not long term.

You just can't; those games have it locked in and seemingly always will. And you're certainly not going to break into it with a game like this.
What? Your missing loads of big to massive GAAS there. GTAV, Destiny, Diablo, Call of Duty, Rainbow six, Counterstrike2 (?) WOW , Warframe. I could go on.

There is absolutely room for more if its done right, although obviously this isn't it.

nashman

OK We got 100 million to make the next big Multiplayer game here at Playstation first party. So what should we make? Lets see we could reboot something Badass from the past, Socom Navy seals, Resistance oh how about Killzone. Yeah those were awesome no matter witch one we pick we have leg up using an IP people loved. This is going to work out wonderfully!

Wait

Wait

I got it. Whats that game that people loved 10 years ago and hate now? Yeah Overwatch. We make a Overwatch but instead of original characters why dont we make our characters Soulless shameful rip offs of Gaurdians of the galaxy? Yeah then well add in some "diverse" characters with Pronouns. People will love it!

Sony insta hands over 100 million dollars.

yurinka

What's the source for this? Looks like rage bait.

There's no way he said Horizon is Playstation's most important franchise. Not a chance.
Horizon is the most important franchise on PlayStation?

anigif_sub-buzz-7180-1629232145-11.gif
This game is a complete representation of him. What a retard, don't even know what the most important game Sony has. He is way over his own ass.
No wonder this gen went to shit when you have leaders like him
Full retard confirmed.
Is this real?
lmao what a retarded. They replace one shit CEO for another even more shit.

100% confirmed to be fake news. Such interview doesn't exist and he never said this.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

Kind of a stupid position to take.

Single player games are extremely expensive to make, represent thin margins even if they are moderately successful, and have very little staying power.

As a single player game lover myself. I need some of these GaaS games to be successful in the same way I need two door sports car companies to find success with an endless fleet of SUVs and crossovers. They finance the things I care about most.

I don’t get the sense that Sony has ever wanted to go full GaaS but they DO need the revenue GaaS games represent if we want any shot at having access to 20-30 hour single player titles with amazing experiences that require 5+ years development and $150M+ investment with little to no MTX. That’s just the way it is.
How much do from soft games take to make? We don't need 150 million GTA games every year. In fact we don't need GTA or call of duty in this industry at all.

clarky

Gold Member
I wonder if they're really going to launch this next month or subject it to a long delay.

Its well and truly fucked.
A delay won't save this from mediocrity. I think, like some else said in the thread, that maybe at one stage this was meant to be something else entirely and it didn't work out and this is what's been salvaged.

Better to get it over with and move on imo.

Top Bottom