• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord - Reviews Thread (PS5/PC)

I love how these "journalists" keep blaming the "haters" and "chuds" for a product's failure. It worked swimmingly well when they attacked Star Wars fans for The Acolyte's failure... before it even began airing.
they hate being reminded that they are not representatives of all that the vast majority of us right-thinking, upstanding people hold dear. & that they are instead an amplified, opinionated minority, left to fundamentally shout at clouds, & nothing more...

Topher

Gold Member

‘It is also unapologetically and loudly diverse, which will upset the sorts of players who modern online games should be upsetting because, frankly, this minority of misanthropic gatekeeping blowhards is ruining the fun for everyone else.’

Sabrina Carpenter Lol GIF by Chicken Shop Date

flying?

dead fuck my life GIF

PeteBull

Gold Member

Perhaps the bravest element of Concord is that it is a premium-priced product, rather than a “live service” free-to-play release – so instead of the ubiquitous season pass model, any subsequent content will be free. It is also unapologetically and loudly diverse, which will upset the sorts of players who modern online games should be upsetting because, frankly, this minority of misanthropic gatekeeping blowhards is ruining the fun for everyone else.

The professional journo who wrote that stupid shit in the guardian is named keith stuart, untalented novel writer, basically gun for hire to push woke agenda or anything corpo pays him for.

winjer

Gold Member

‘It is also unapologetically and loudly diverse, which will upset the sorts of players who modern online games should be upsetting because, frankly, this minority of misanthropic gatekeeping blowhards is ruining the fun for everyone else.’

It's possible to smell the desperation in that article...

Sniffing Season 1 GIF by The Roku Channel

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The first day among the most popular ones there was "horror" and "psychological horror" too. They may be hidden now too.
I just saw "survival horror" appeared again in the bottom.
For me, it says Politics, Political Sim, Colorful, FPS, Action. Pretty much the same tags as yesterday. So if Sony is trying to delete trolling tags, they seem to be happy with these ones. I never caught the page saying horror or any of those tags.

SkylineRKR

Concord never had a chance from the very moment they showed gameplay. Literally everyone who was still watching after this uninspired fake ass Guardians shit zoned the fuck out. And what I find fascinating is that those developers absolutely don't understand why.

DonF

Concord never had a chance from the very moment they showed gameplay. Literally everyone who was still watching after this uninspired fake ass Guardians shit zoned the fuck out. And what I find fascinating is that those developers absolutely don't understand why.
I was hyped with the teaser, mid with the cinematic trailer, out with the gameplay 5v5 hero shooter. Super out with the beta. The pronouns were just a cherry on top.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

This the first time i am readin the article

GHG

Gold Member

We call reviews like this wokeflation.

No wonder the meta score isn't as abysmal as it should be.

winjer

Gold Member
Agreed 100%.

At least he's level-headed.
The core gameplay is solid and gunplay is great, so the foundation is solid.

It's the rest where they fucked up, especially character designs, which is key to attracting players.

At least he acknowledges that the future is uncertain.

But there are so many GaaS with solid gameplay. It makes no sense to play such an ugly game, that costs 40$.

Killjoy-NL

But there are so many GaaS with solid gameplay. It makes no sense to play such an ugly game, that costs 40$.
True, but gameplay is vastly different from OW, for example.

Much faster-paced gameplay, much like Destiny and with a lot more verticality.
Absence of Ults makes it much more gunplay focused.
In that sense it isn't even comparable to OW, at all

Pretty much everyone who played it, agrees that the foundation is good.

Most of the other stuff can be solved through updates, but that's a given for Gaas.

Graphics, animations and performance are great.

So ultimately, it comes down to the Wokeness and off-putting character designs.
Which is the biggest issue with the game.

Last edited:

PeteBull

Gold Member
So ultimately, it comes down to the Wokeness and off-putting character designs.
Which is the biggest issue with the game.
That alone made sure 10x fewer players were interested, but even if u multiply those current numbers by 10, its still major flop, u would have to have 100x current playerbase, and keep most of them, for game to not generate big loss.

Killjoy-NL

That alone made sure 10x fewer players were interested, but even if u multiply those current numbers by 10, its still major flop, u would have to have 100x current playerbase, and keep most of them, for game to not generate big loss.
Well yeah, nobody is denying that. I'm certainly not.

But that's the problem they created themselves.

All they can do now is either pull the plug, or make some drastic changes and try to find a way to build a sustainable userbase.

F2p isn't an option, unless they completely change their business model, but would they even be able to make that work?

Fake

Gold Member
Agreed 100%.

At least he's level-headed.
The core gameplay is solid and gunplay is great, so the foundation is solid.

It's the rest where they fucked up, especially character designs, which is key to attracting players.

At least he acknowledges that the future is uncertain.

I don't think saying 'the gunplay is great' is a good argument.

The competition are like light years ahead and we are in fucking 2024, having a decent gunplay should be mandatory at this point. Nothing to be proud.

Last edited:

Ogbert

Gold Member
Well yeah, nobody is denying that. I'm certainly not.

But that's the problem they created themselves.

All they can do now is either pull the plug, or make some drastic changes and try to find a way to build a sustainable userbase.

F2p isn't an option, unless they completely change their business model, but would they even be able to make that work?
They don’t have a business model.

To have a business model, you need business. It’s absolutely dead.

Their only option is F2P with a Battlepass.

Killjoy-NL

I don't think saying 'the gunplay is great' is a good argument.

The competition are like light years ahead and we are in fucking 2024, having a decent gunplay should be mandatory at this point. Nothing to be proud.
Read the rest what I said.

Most of the criticism can be changed with a few updates.

Gunplay is part of the foundation for any game. And as I said, most people who played it, agree that the foundation is solid.
That's a far cry from all the comments about how the game is "shit".

The game doesn't even have to be a top 10 MAU game, it just needs a solid and active userbase.
They royally fucked up launch, so they have to work their ass off to somehow get player's attention.

But if they double-down on the road they took, they deserve everything they'll get.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Read the rest what I said.

Most of the criticism can be changed with a few updates.

Gunplay is part of the foundation for any game. And as I said, most people who played it, agree that the foundation is solid.

That's a far cry from all the comments about how the game is "shit".

What is the 'most people' if the game is lacking players? You can't even collect a decent feedback with so little people playing the game.

And gunplay is not part of the foundation for any game because not every game have the same genre, gunplay are for FPS or TPS.

Again, saying the gunplay is great doesn't mean shit. There is more to those type of games than gunplay and patches and updates can't solve some of the fudamental problems.

What is the 'most people' if the game is lacking players? You can't even collect a decent feedback with so little people playing the game.

And gunplay is not part of the foundation for any game because not every game have the same genre, gunplay are for FPS or TPS.

Again, saying the gunplay is great doesn't mean shit. There is more to those type of games than gunplay and patches and updates can't solve some of the fudamental problems.
The gunplay is not great anyway. It's slow and soupy.

Killjoy-NL

You can, you just don't want to accept.
The problem with Concord since the beta wasn't that people didn't like how it plays, but that people didn't even want to try it.

That's where Firewalk fucked up the most.
Obviously I was talking about shooters. But you knew that.
Yes, there is indeed more to it. So, did you play the game?

If not, then how can you properly criticize the game irt gameplay?
Because people like SkillUp do not recommend the game, yet say the same things I'm saying.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
They don’t have a business model.

To have a business model, you need business. It’s absolutely dead.

Their only option is F2P with a Battlepass.
They could go F2P and as long as some of those people are still there that preached how us white people must acknowledge our white privilege or call people talentless freaks because we don't like the game or have The Professor in their ranks I simply wont play it

They have to clean house first, add somewhat appealing skins that people want to use and go F2P to stand a chance

GymWolf

Gold Member
Apparently that didn’t effect Spider Man 2.
You could smear some spiderman cream on a dog turd and many people would still buy it.

Big ass brands are not gonna go down easily just because they are woke.

But i fully expect vulvaerine and panderman 3 to sell a bit less because now players know what insomniac priorities are.

Also, spiderman 1 wasn't remotely as woke so people got tricked by the previous game.

Last edited:
They could go F2P and as long as some of those people are still there that preached how us white people must acknowledge our white privilege or call people talentless freaks because we don't like the game or have The Professor in their ranks I simply wont play it

They have to clean house first, add somewhat appealing skins that people want to use and go F2P to stand a chance
Agree with a lot of those points, but they really just need to let this die. Concord is dead.
Take the skeleton of what may be good from it, rebrand and design actually mass appeal characters for it to even have a chance. They can call the next game Phoenix...lol

Even then it will have a tough time going against the likes of OW2, Valorant and Marvel Rivals which is probably the closest to what this game is.

You could smear some spiderman creme on a dog turd and many people would still buy it.

Big ass brands are not gonna go down easily just because they are woke.

But i fully expect vulvaerine and panderman 3 to sell a bit less because now players know what insomniac priorities are.

Also, spiderman 1 wasn't remotely as woke so people got tricked by the previous game.
It's part of the reason why I refuse to play SM2. I will not give any of these devs/pubs a single cent.

GymWolf

Gold Member
It's part of the reason why I refuse to play SM2. I will not give any of these devs/pubs a single cent.
I only did because sp1 was pretty good.

But i'm gonna be careful with vulvy, i don't wanna be lectured by a 50 years old looking jean grey about bringing out my claws in public so suddently because that could remind trans people that they can't have an erection or some shit :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:
Man, what a colossal fuck up this game is. And I don't see how they can salvage it at this point. I doubt going F2P will even help much.

How's the score for Sony's GaaS initiave? Only Helldivers 2 is a success and even so it isn't the kinda of GaaS that bring the huge bucks these companies look for. I wonder how many failures can Sony afford in their search for a Fotnite/Fifa/NBA 2K before they shut this thing down and go back to focusing on SP games.

Last edited:

IGN finally posted their review. And to the surprise of absolutely noone, they gave it a 7.
So even they probably thought it was a 4-5 give the IGN bloat on woke games.

Killjoy-NL

IGN finally posted their review. And to the surprise of absolutely noone, they gave it a 7.
So even they probably thought it was a 4-5 give the IGN bloat on woke games.

It's a pattern, the foundation and core gameplay is solid.

Everything else is what makes it problematic.

7 seems fair though.

Last edited:
Thought this game was going to be a first party 70's/80's space explorer. Aesthetics mixed with the OG Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy. A merry band of resistance fighters, beautiful planets.

Instead it's a poorly done Overwatch clone.

Top Bottom