• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord - Reviews Thread (PS5/PC)

MiguelItUp

GVwMe3sXcAEvlcT

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I mean barely anyone has bought the game, literally, so maybe they should refund everyone then go F2P. Not that it would do much difference to be honest, maybe double the playerbase.
Only problem is that helps only digital buyers. How does Sony refund disc buyers and all the stores who already have cases of this stuff? Ship it all back to Sony's warehouse asap?

Stuart360

Only problem is that helps only digital buyers. How does Sony refund disc buyers and all the stores who already have cases of this stuff? Ship it all back to Sony's warehouse asap?
Well i dont know but studios have refunded gamers before when games have launched in a bad state, or broken etc.
For the ones thye cant, maybe $40 worth of ingame currency?.
I actually dont think Sony will do it anyway, not straight away anyway, maybe after 2-3 months.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Well i dont know but studios have refunded gamers before when games have launched in a bad state, or broken etc.
For the ones thye cant, maybe $40 worth of ingame currency?.
I actually dont think Sony will do it anyway, not straight away anyway, maybe after 2-3 months.
I see Concord being a PS+ game in Dec as it'll coincide with a bump in gamers due to Xmas holidays.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
S Tier stuff lmao
Notice he purposely picked something subjective and hard to show in images like gameplay to make a stand. Even if gamers and websites say there's nothing special about it, modes are nothing special, TTK is too much, and even the beta had no join in progress teams etc... he picked something where he wont be laughed at like defending ugly visuals, bad characters, and cringey dialogue.

He'll always try to find a silver lining in Sony stuff. And if he has a really hard time, he'll try to balance off a post with something like..... "well at least it's not as bad as Redfall" or something MS related that has nothing to do with the thread.

Last edited:

nial

99% of your posts is you responding to other posters because you're butthurt about something they said about Sony. Now that's miserable internet culture if you ask me. Go fight someone other and stop bothering me you goddamn moron.
"nooo don't quote me pls I don't wanna fight :(" I will do it again, sorry, that's how discussion works (or put me on ignore, idc).

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I mean barely anyone has bought the game, literally, so maybe they should refund everyone then go F2P. Not that it would do much difference to be honest, maybe double the playerbase.
I bought the original Overwatch full price. I didn't get a refund when it went FTP. I bet there is some fine print in the Concord EULA stating if they go FTP the gamers who paid full price are then SOL.

Fake

Gold Member
Wait, the LGBT+ tag was removed from Steam? Since tags are user-defined, can the devs even do that?! If so that's some damage control they're trying...

Even the devs know this is bad PR.

From now the game can get a 'false advertising' tag.

oLgDeUD.jpeg

play station subsidy.

the fact that they acknowledge the "hate" tells you how this game is perceived by the allies.

but the market rejection has been astonishing. I think any executive at Sony has to be baffled by it.
These clowns will never learn. It has nothing to do with "hate". We just don't want the shit you are selling.
They didn't learn with movies, TV shows and games. But these lessons are getting uber expensive, so even though they never learn, money is not infinite so I guess we'll have to just starve them of the resources to produce this crap.

play station subsidy.

the fact that they acknowledge the "hate" tells you how this game is perceived by the allies.

but the market rejection has been astonishing. I think any executive at Sony has to be baffled by it.
well, when it comes to these guys in particular, beating the hate sits far, far below beating their sales expectations figures on their list of priorities...

Last edited:

Mr Moose

oLgDeUD.jpeg

play station subsidy.

I'll be honest, I watched some of the gameplay that someone has been posting on my Twitter feed and it doesn't look that bad, but fucking hell those characters :messenger_fearful:

‘It is also unapologetically and loudly diverse, which will upset the sorts of players who modern online games should be upsetting because, frankly, this minority of misanthropic gatekeeping blowhards is ruining the fun for everyone else.’

Sabrina Carpenter Lol GIF by Chicken Shop Date

Fake

Gold Member

‘It is also unapologetically and loudly diverse, which will upset the sorts of players who modern online games should be upsetting because, frankly, this minority of misanthropic gatekeeping blowhards is ruining the fun for everyone else.’

Ah, good. Now we are to blame. Isn't that great?

Accountability zero. More lovely are the game journalists shooting for every side, trying to find someone to blame.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Politics, Political Sim, and Colorful are still top 3 tags I see when i'm logged out.

So if the devs are trying to blacklist tags, they either arent banishing political tags, or they are but gamers keep putting them back. lol

I love how these "journalists" keep blaming the "haters" and "chuds" for a product's failure. It worked swimmingly well when they attacked Star Wars fans for The Acolyte's failure... before it even began airing.

Notice he purposely picked something subjective and hard to show in images like gameplay to make a stand. Even if gamers and websites say there's nothing special about it, modes are nothing special, TTK is too much, and even the beta had no join in progress teams etc... he picked something where he wont be laughed at like defending ugly visuals, bad characters, and cringey dialogue.

He'll always try to find a silver lining in Sony stuff. And if he has a really hard time, he'll try to balance off a post with something like..... "well at least it's not as bad as Redfall" or something MS related that has nothing to do with the thread.

Have you played the game? Seems like a lot of people are running their mouth about it and haven't actually played it. A game can play well, but look unappealing as fuck to commercial audiences.

I've already said I wanted the game to fail. It has no longevity despite playing well. The characters suck. And I got my fill of it with a free beta weekend and no need to ever come back. They didn't take the time to make the package compelling.

clarky

Gold Member

Your first mistake is reading the Guardian.

clarky

Gold Member
Have you played the game? Seems like a lot of people are running their mouth about it and haven't actually played it. A game can play well, but look unappealing as fuck to commercial audiences.

I've already said I wanted the game to fail. It has no longevity despite playing well. The characters suck. And I got my fill of it with a free beta weekend and no need to ever come back. They didn't take the time to make the package compelling.

What does playing well mean?

tDisregarding the aesthetics, the maps are shit, the modes are ripped straight out of every other mp game, the TTK is longer than the input lag in wukong, its floaty, the progression is wank.

The only thing is the actual shooting feels alright, but not as good as its peers

id say from experience on the whole it plays quite poor.

You said yourself you got bored after a few hours if it played great that would not be the case.

Last edited:
I love how these "journalists" keep blaming the "haters" and "chuds" for a product's failure. It worked swimmingly well when they attacked Star Wars fans for The Acolyte's failure... before it even began airing.
I love their delusional belief that these ‘chuds’ who criticise their games are the vocal minority and that they are actually making games for some mythical majority that wants this shit.

Projection 101 I guess? 🤷

Top Bottom