• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord - Reviews Thread (PS5/PC)

Remember guys, Genius Herman Hulst bought this studio and cancelled Factions from Naughty Fucking Dog. This mother fucker thought Concord looked better than whatever ND was cooking up.

Fire this moron.

Remember guys, revisionist history

Naughty Dog made the decision to kill Factions, a tacked on multiplayer mode that was going to consume the studio, so they decided to make single player games instead

StereoVsn

Go On Popcorn GIF

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Remember guys, Genius Herman Hulst bought this studio and cancelled Factions from Naughty Fucking Dog. This mother fucker thought Concord looked better than whatever ND was cooking up.

Fire this moron.
I wonder if someone inside Sony wanted to make a Concord movie as well. Guardians obviously does well in theaters. Buying the studio and IP doesn't really make sense otherwise.

clarky

Gold Member
100-200M? Where is the evidence of this? That's just a wild ass guess. I am doubtful, given the studio has ZERO proven IP.

No way it was less than 100 million. They bought a studio and IP lock & stock 5 years deep in dev. Add another 3 years of picking up the tab and this game cost a ton.

All specualtion of course but id bet the 100-200 total cost of this game isnt that far off.

Ozriel

M$FT

I like this one, very informative since they explain how to get a refund at the end of the review. :goog_relieved:

Yeah, but it’s got some questionable sections though. It labels the game an anti-consumer scam because it requires PS+ for online play.

PeteBull

Gold Member
No way it was less than 100 million. They bought a studio and IP lock & stock 5 years deep in dev. Add another 3 years of picking up the tab and this game cost a ton.

All specualtion of course but id bet the 100-200 total cost of this game isnt that far off.
Even if that game sold 100k copies, which is huge stretch, it would only mean 400k usd revenue, professor alone sucked out way higher salary over those 8years of dev time.
BTW, concurent players number already started to drop off on steam as u can see

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I like this one, very informative since they explain how to get a refund at the end of the review. :goog_relieved:

I thought you were kidding but no.. they do have a step by step guide on requesting refunds at the end of the review, lol.

I don't think I've ever seen this in any review ever.

ND27o2o.png

damidu

burry this genre to the ground please,
its like gambling of the highest order with only 1-2 top games making bank.

Last edited:
Remember guys, revisionist history

Naughty Dog made the decision to kill Factions, a tacked on multiplayer mode that was going to consume the studio, so they decided to make single player games instead
It was 💯 % the right call. The core issue to me with that situation was always that it went on as long as it did. Should never have happened. It's not their wheelhouse, it's not what they're good at, and it would've swallowed the entire studio.

There's no way of knowing. Studios with zero IP are not expensive to buy. 200M sounds like a fantasy given that's around what Insomniac cost.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I know it isn't peak time yet, but....

a911AtD.png

mCy4QHI.png

Matthew Broderick GIF
There are times when I want something to fail, this is one of those times

It reminds me of a part of the movie Titanic

Not the whole sinking part because much like the movie we all knew how this would end

The part that comes to mind is when the Captain gets the iceberg warning and the passengers get concerned and the Captain replies “Oh no worries we just lit another boiler to pick up speed”

Their beta was that iceberg warning

The usual way things like this go means that the next logical step in our current timeline of awfulness is that the studio that was forced by upper management to make a shittastic game gets shut down, and all the people who had good ideas and did what they were told are fired. And all the people who actually made the decision to have the studio make a terrible game keep their jobs & get promoted. Welcome to Hell on Earth 2024.

Last edited:

PeteBull

Gold Member
It’s a disappointing game but it had potential. I’m sure Concord 2 will really build on the foundations of the first game. Can’t wait to find out in 2032.
New pronouns and genders gonna be introduced, i got a tip one of them starts with "p" and ends with "r" ;D

It was 💯 % the right call. The core issue to me with that situation was always that it went on as long as it did. Should never have happened. It's not their wheelhouse, it's not what they're good at, and it would've swallowed the entire studio.
correct. so, who, exactly, was responsible for allowing it to do so, & are they that same people still in charge? & could that possibly be part of the reason that things that 'should never have happened' will continue to happen?...

Watching this game fail is like the OceanGate disaster all over again. You knew it was dead, you had a select few hoping for the best, and you had the majority of people making fun and making memes about it.

Me, I'm laughin.

Top Bottom