• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord sold an estimated 25,000 units (10,000 on Steam, 15,000 on PS5)

Senua

The game has 8.5k ratings on PSN. It's surely sold more than 15k on PS5 unless we're saying over 50% of people bothered to rate the game.

Spiderman 2 for example has been rated by less than 2% of people who bought it. Helldivers 2 is somewhere between 1.5-2.5%.

Concord reviews may be a lot higher but I think saying 56% of people who bought it rated it is insane lol.

Sales are atrocious but it's probably much higher on ps5 than 15k.
People are much more likely to leave a negative review than a positive one

PeteBull

Gold Member
The game has 8.5k ratings on PSN. It's surely sold more than 15k on PS5 unless we're saying over 50% of people bothered to rate the game.

Spiderman 2 for example has been rated by less than 2% of people who bought it. Helldivers 2 is somewhere between 1.5-2.5%.

Concord reviews may be a lot higher but I think saying 56% of people who bought it rated it is insane lol.

Probably half of those 8,5k ratings are sony employes who rated it when given free copy and order to play/rate it by their boss+ woke(so like 95%) professional journos, who were given free copies too :p

Quite incredible how much money these companies are just willing to burn

Anthem
Avengers
Hyenas
Forspoken
Saints Row
Gotham Knights
Callisto Protocol
Redfall
Gollum
Immortals of Aveum
Skull and Bones
Suicide Squad
Concord
Dustborn
Payday 3
Flintlock

flop after flop
If only there was a common thing between most of those games so developers would know what not to pursue...

Last edited:

SweetTooth

Gold Member
Looking at the positive side, Concord should help Sony reevaluate their GAAS strategy, also I wish all publishers start thinking about making good games and steer away from pushing political agendas in their games. People are getting tired simply from these "political" messages being forced upon them everywhere.

PeteBull

Gold Member
Sequel when
efa66271913a6a63c9f74403e718f58771db70d0.gif

Mownoc

I doubt Fairgame$ will fair any better than this.
Doing this badly is an achievement. I'd be surprised if Fairgame$ can match it. It has never looked appealing to me but it can surely still do better than 150 steam daily peak 7 days after launch. It might be f2p so that'd help.

Concord is a once in a generation event.

Last edited:

TheKratos

PS download = 15,000 x $40 = $600,000
Steam download = 10,000 x $28 (after 30% cut) = $280,000
Total $880,000

Add in a tiny amount of store disc sales, and maybe you crack $1M.

Even if you double the sales copies, you get $2M.

And this game cost what to make? I estimated $50M days ago and people said that's too low. Maybe $100M?
How the f was the budget sp high? Where the money go.

PS download = 15,000 x $40 = $600,000
Steam download = 10,000 x $28 (after 30% cut) = $280,000
Total $880,000

Add in a tiny amount of store disc sales, and maybe you crack $1M.

Even if you double the sales copies, you get $2M.

And this game cost what to make? I estimated $50M days ago and people said that's too low. Maybe $100M?
Don't forget the salary of the Professor. Professors always ask for a higher rate.
Let's say salary of one person is 80k per year it would give 960k for 12 people per year. Basically 1m in one year for 12 people.

I doubt Fairgame$ will fair any better than this.
TikTok challlenge with Fairgames - how fast CCU can go below 100 🤣

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Get fucked, Sony.

You had a good this going, you stupid son of a bitch. It was running like clockwork but you just had to chase the GaaS. If you’d done your job, release blockbuster single player games that made you what you are we would all be fine right now.

This gen is a shitshow.

That's too many. Where were those players on the release day? It doesn't make sense you buy a MP game and don't play it from the beginning when everyone is on the same level.

Tanus777

Could the beta players review the game? That may explain the number of reviews.

How the hell did Ryan get the keys after last gen instead of the old crew...

Hope they cancelled all the plans he ever had

Last edited:

peek

What can they even do with this game at this point?

I feel like if they offered the game for free with a $50 Visa gift card on top that nobody would be interested.

EZ, shut it down immediately. Cut the losses. No joke, every day this game is still live, it actively hurts sony's brand as a publisher in games.

If they came out tomorrow and said GUYS, we fucked up, this was a huge mistake... we are now going to focus on what we do best, etc. that would be a huge win.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Sony axes IP that sold like 2 or 3 million for full price such as Days Gone, which sold approx 8 million once discounted to Concord levels.
Correct. The reviews on PSN can't be taken as a measure of sales because of that.

25,000...holy shit. It can't be that low, can it?

Considering its player count in the free beta and just now i'd even find this a high estimate. Its that bad.

Get fucked, Sony.

You had a good this going, you stupid son of a bitch. It was running like clockwork but you just had to chase the GaaS. If you’d done your job, release blockbuster single player games that made you what you are we would all be fine right now.

This gen is a shitshow.

Sony was on a roll; God of War, Spiderman, Horizon and GT all sold well. Even Returnal, which is quite a hardcore game, is a million seller. Rift Apart sold 4+ million too. They were doing good on various fronts. I get that they want GaaS but they acquired Bungie. They aren't ready yet but they could've done something Destiny PvP related instead.

Now we're looking at a first party release that manages to sell 25k, which is ofcourse an incredibly bad outlook for Sony. Then people will say, yeah but they need only one smash hit. True, but its not a good outlook if your brand releases bomb after bomb. Fairgames will 100% bomb too.

AmuroChan

Yea, Firewalk is done. Sony will keep them around for a bit for when the game inevitably goes f2p, but my guess is they'll be closed down before the end of the FY.

Top Bottom