• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord sold an estimated 25,000 units (10,000 on Steam, 15,000 on PS5)

Topher

Gold Member
Live footage at Firewalk...

On Fire Help GIF by ADWEEK

Topher

Gold Member
VGInsights puts the steam number closer to 20,000

Which means PS5 would be closer to 30,000, and the total would be 50,000. Even if the numbers are somewhere in the range of 25k-50k, that's still abysmal.

Would love to know how many of those sold on Steam ended up getting refunded.

Kotaro

The game has 8.5k ratings on PSN. It's surely sold more than 15k on PS5 unless we're saying over 50% of people bothered to rate the game.

Spiderman 2 for example has been rated by less than 2% of people who bought it. Helldivers 2 is somewhere between 1.5-2.5%.

Concord reviews may be a lot higher but I think saying 56% of people who bought it rated it is insane lol.

Sales are atrocious but it's probably much higher on ps5 than 15k.

That 8.5K rating includes ratings from open beta which was at 7.5K when the demo ended

kaizenkko

What can they even do with this game at this point?

I feel like if they offered the game for free with a $50 Visa gift card on top that nobody would be interested.
Sony is not going to do anything to improve the acceptance of this project. They have practically stopped marketing the game and will now focus on Astro Bot. I am absolutely certain that after the State of Play reveal Sony was already fully aware of the game's poor situation, but at this point trying to save the project would simply cost more money than accepting the loss they have already suffered.

and the hype is just beginning, after the Amazon short the entire world will bend the knee before the most important, revolutionary and ground breaking Sony IP in the last 30 years.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Killjoy-NL

Sony was on a roll; God of War, Spiderman, Horizon and GT all sold well. Even Returnal, which is quite a hardcore game, is a million seller. Rift Apart sold 4+ million too. They were doing good on various fronts. I get that they want GaaS but they acquired Bungie. They aren't ready yet but they could've done something Destiny PvP related instead.

Now we're looking at a first party release that manages to sell 25k, which is ofcourse an incredibly bad outlook for Sony. Then people will say, yeah but they need only one smash hit. True, but its not a good outlook if your brand releases bomb after bomb. Fairgames will 100% bomb too.
Post like these are really dumb.

Multiple games like the bolded are in full production as we speak, but they take longer and longer to make.

People act like Sony completely switched their portfolio from singleplayer to gaas.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I just couldn't see jumping in on a game like this before you knew it was a hit. It's literally useless without players.

StereoVsn

100-200 M i think, because there are also CGI movie even just for few minutes, its expensive. And even just 3 years, consider paying $120.000-200.000 annually for lower to mid position, not counting higher ups. Assuming they deploys 50 people at minimum, it could escalating quickly to 100M. Not counting marketing and server, hardwares, daily needs, acommodation, event and such.
They have 170 people. Also, add at least 50% -100% on top of salaries in benefits. Then you have office costs, software, hardware, hosting, and myriad other things.

And got to add marketing costs. I can easily see $200 mil for the duration of development and marketing. Now, some of that was done before Sony acquisition, but for count that cash, then yeah, Sony bought themselves a big ass bomba.

Edit: Personally I think they shouldn’t have released it after beta test disaster. F2P won’t save them now.

They need to cut their costs, fire everyone that was in the chain of approval, directors , character design, and so on. But retain actual devs since from reports it’s competent technically.

But I am not a Sony manager so who knows what they will do.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

IGN fails to mention the game design looks unappealing as fuck and many people are tired of DEI giving this a negative word of mouth on socials. But I get why they don't dare to dive into this subject.

If Concords design was actually cool then the game would've at least gathered a bit more positive attention than it did, I am fairly certain of that. But everything about it just looks unappealing to the point that it flies under the radar of many gamers as soon as they see it in action.

Get fucked, Sony.

You had a good this going, you stupid son of a bitch. It was running like clockwork but you just had to chase the GaaS. If you’d done your job, release blockbuster single player games that made you what you are we would all be fine right now.

This gen is a shitshow.
Did you just modify a breaking bad quote here? Reads like when Mike goes off on Walt.

Dr Cowley

Neo Member
I'd love to see how these sales match up to stuff from the XBLA era of cheap multiplayer only games. Battlefield 1943 or Gotham City Imposters.

PaintTinJr

What can they even do with this game at this point?

I feel like if they offered the game for free with a $50 Visa gift card on top that nobody would be interested.
They could hire Carmack to work remotely as consultant with full power over every decision, buy the IPs from the dying embracer for themed sellable skins after a relaunch, and start porting KZ2, 3 and 4 multiplayer maps, weapons and modes, and Socom, and make it a hub game for beloved games that had multiplayer and aren't getting a reboot.

With Carmack at the helm they could probably have a new Concord game mode people liked, and have at least one Socom and one KZ2 game mode ready to play in 3-6months.

Last edited:
Top Bottom