• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conservatives defend Mike Pence not interacting with women cause they might have sex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I have to post pictures of old-time chastity belts?

Edit: I just did a search on google, and apparently 'sexy' chastity belts are a thing...

Monocle

I talked to a stranger once and I'm pretty sure they did sex to me. Never again!

Had wine at lunch with 5 women who weren't my wife. Somehow survived. It was close though.
Oh my god how did you not drown in their lady juices? Just one woman is risky enough, I hear.

Guys, even if ignoring everything else

This boils down to the fact that if he cannot be alone with a female in any circumstance, he does not see them as colleagues. He won't meet with female Senators or Representatives and good luck getting a job on his staff or rising through the ranks.

This isn't about cheating on a spouse, it is about discrimination.

This. I can't condone inequal treatment of one gender compared to another, especially when it comes to a guy in role of VP.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Had wine at lunch with 5 women who weren't my wife. Somehow survived. It was close though.

SzGS65g.gif

Lyn

Banned
It's actually in the article I gave you, along with a few other links to places like the Indiana Star, which have more info. Apparently this has been reported on several times, but people were so gobsmacked at Trump's misogyny that they completely overlooked Pence's for a long time.

Honestly, I feel like an idiot because I am still missing it now that I have had more time to sit and read the article in full. The closest it has, that I can find at least, is a link to an Indianapolis Star article that you mention but also lacks a source. It is specifically The Hill one that I am after though. Sorry for being blind here, I'm really not trying to be difficult in finding this. :/

Looking around and piecing together what I can from social media, it seems like there is a bit more to it than the snippet about women. There was a bit after that where he also talks about often refusing invitations for drinks with male colleagues, not wanting to send the wrong message or end up in uncertain situations.

So it seems that he is somewhat anti-social altogether for fear of public scrutiny and events being taken out of context.

I hate asking this since it sounds like I am missing the obvious, but if you could point me directly to the article from The Hill, I would appreciate it. Even though I mention the above, I know social media is not the most reliable source either. I'd still like to read the original piece.

Xater

Real talk: This whole thing is incomprehensible to me. I can't even fathom the idea of not hanging out with a woman because of a fear of sex. They are just people, not every interaction with them needs to be sexual. You can be with anyone just to enjoy their company or maybe work together.

I've seen it said before but it's true: homophobia is the fear that gay men will treat you the same way you treat women.

That makes a shocking amount of sense.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I've seen it said before but it's true: homophobia is the fear that gay men will treat you the same way you treat women.

Eh, maybe in some cases, in a lot of cases it's also "God says it's evil.".

jayu26

I have spent countless amount of time with wives and women who are in relationships with other people and somehow managed to not have sex with them. It was like going over trenches into the no man's land. Where is my goddamned medal?

Blank!

That is just creepy.

Eh, I know parents who call each other "Dad, Mom, Father, etc." I don't know the full context of how he uses it, but on the surface anyway it's not that strange.

As far as the OP though, that's fucking weird.

ItIsOkBro

Better a man who knows and observes his own limitations and shows respect for his wife (even if it's over the top) than an orange twat who walks in on teenagers getting dressed and grabs them by the pussy

but when the only think that's stopping the former from becoming the latter is proximity it's still bad.

digdug2k

Heh. Growing up conservative christian, I definitely knew guys who had rules like this. But they were mostly, "Never visit a woman at home alone" and they were designed to make sure that the woman didn't feel threatened and that there weren't rumors swirling. People would still meet. They'd just go somewhere public where people could see they weren't fucking like bunnies.

This guy is just a sexist fuck making who thinks his dick is irresistable and who's making excuses for his own sexist behavior. Its amazing to me that, even on the left, I still see people who refuse to admit that sexism played a big part in this election.

Tonedeff

Seems to me the veep and his wife are seriously committed to each other. If these are the rules they've set out for their marriage, and it works for them, more power to them I say.

Do I have to post pictures of old-time chastity belts?

Edit: I just did a search on google, and apparently 'sexy' chastity belts are a thing...

I wasn't aware they came in non-sexy ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

He's so fucking weird. This lines right up with him calling his wife mother.

My grandma sometimes called grandpa "father", was never really sure what was going on with that

However I will totally sell out my Grandmother just to make Pence look worse

The man's private life is his own business. Nobody will ever care who Josh Barro is having dinner with, but the VP having regular supper with a young intern would make headlines.

Tonedeff

I'm not sure what more than the article you want besides my article, but:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a4494411/mike-pence-anti-abortion-views/'

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/07/mike-pence-abortion-womens-health-record.html

Now tell me how equal that relationship is.

That's fucked up. I'm not seeing anything about his wife or their marriage in these articles though. For all I know, she could be the big dog in their relationship. Hell, she might even be on board with all this shit.

That's fucked up. I'm not seeing anything about his wife or their marriage in these articles though. For all I know, she could be the big dog in their relationship. Hell, she might even be on board with all this shit.

My personal experience with women says LOL.

Tonedeff

Exactly which and now many women have you met that agree with Pence's policies?

Well, I'm not going to get exact, but off the top of my head, damn near all the women in mother's circle would definitely count. Those are some og church hens, most married to assholes. Some of my sister's friends for sure. I mean, I could go on, but if i'm not going into exacts, what's the fucking point. You doubt me and I don't know why. Didn't millions of women just vote these motherfuckers in on the very platform Pence supports?

But that's the part that can do the Second Coming

I don't know the specific Christian gospel, but you obviously don't know the ways of the butt.

Well, I'm not going to get exact, but off the top of my head, damn near all the women in mother's circle would definitely count. Those are some og church hens, most married to assholes. Some of my sister's friends for sure. I mean, I could go on, but if i'm not going into exacts, what's the fucking point. You doubt me and I don't know why. Didn't millions of women just vote these motherfuckers in on the very platform Pence supports?

You denoted a respectful relationship, I argued otherwise.

I mean, it's valid to keep yourself from even being tempted to behave in a way that compromises your integrity. It's the same reason I don't buy peanut butter anymore.

It seems like a counter-productive thing to attack Pence for this, because this only affects his life, whereas his political actions have already brought a lot of harm and imposed greatly on other people's personal lives. It also plays into the narrative of liberals being out of touch or unreasonable (even though this way of thinking can be interpreted to have sexist overtones).

What the fuck kind of world view and narcissism makes you think women want to jump you by having a meal?
You might be forgetting that Jesus made just wanting to have sex with a woman who isn't your wife a sin. Thought crime is a real problem for integrous conservative Christians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom