• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Construction of world's tallest statue begins in India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeyser

that scaling
KuGsj.gif

Savitar

Not Dubai?

But I want a Planet of the Apes remake there one day after the city sinks with a giant statue used ala the Statue of Liberty in the original.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Not Dubai?

But I want a Planet of the Apes remake there one day after the city sinks with a giant statue used ala the Statue of Liberty in the original.

Dubai will announce one next week. They can't stand not having the tallest whatever in their city.

Cyan

Banned
I'm confused, I can't figure this out. If those distances are accurate then the numbers on the bottom are a lie.

The point is that if the numbers on the bottom are accurate, then the scale of the pictures is totally fucked up.

tino

Banned
The thing that gets me is how the Statue of Liberty sneaks out of last place thanks to its huge pedestal.

Might as well put Christ the Redeemer in first considering he's located at the top of a 700 meter tall mountain.

The French built the statue and American public paid for the base. Of couse it has to be counted America fuckyeah!

Window

I'm not sure if this is related to the upcoming elections and Modi being the prime ministerial candidate. Does building staues get more votes or something? There was also some controversy about the BJP using Sardar Patel as an icon for BJP even though he never really had any links with them. I don't know, may be I'm muddling everything up.

Looks like a big bore. Would have much prefered a massive Hanumann or Ganesh, Durgha statue. This is rubbish!

Ghengis Khan and Mother Russia statues look much more interesting.

jerry1594

Don't get why people are calling it ugly. It's commemorating an old, bald man. Shit isn't intended to be Michelangelo 2.

Kozak

Banned
The total cost of the statue is estimated at 25 billion rupees ($300 million) and will be funded with public funds and private donations.

I can imagine 300 million dollars could have went towards a hell lot more than some shitty fucking statue.

It doesn't even really represent anything, its a pet project by the opposition leader who wants to win over the mindless votes.

NoTacos

LOL Statue of Liberty does seem like a cheat if you compare the size of the actual figure to the base, like a toddler standing on a bar stool to reach the cookies on top of the fridge.

I'm not sure who you'd want them to commemorate, though?

Winston Churchill wasn't exactly a looker either, and yet:

http://i.minus.com/jx88PulC5hdJ[/QUOTE]

And yet here's an ugly statue of him? I prefer statues that are beautiful and celebrate ideals, not people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom