• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noshino

SalsaShark said:
what the fuck??? it was a body bump????????????

that was no yellow card

fuckin playing as visitors man, fuck that referee

still, ruso had to be changed for Gargano a while ago, this was coming

Yah, the ruso had it coming.

He is a freaking idiot for making the foul so fucking obvious, stopping a counterattack like that? really?

jett

D-Member
SalsaShark said:
what the fuck??? it was a body push?????

that was no yellow card

sure man, if you say so

LOL at you. Perez deserved a red for the first foul, ref saved his life. That Uruguayan goal shouldn't exist.

SalsaShark said:
what the fuck??? it was a body push?????

that was no yellow card

sure man, if you say so

It was a deliberate attempt to stop the breakaway, if he hadn't been so blatant he would have got away with it.

Massa

SalsaShark said:
not gonna argue there, but this didnt deserve a yellow card. Referee making up for his mistakes, thats bullshit

It did, not for the foul itself but for stopping a counter attack. Perez is a fucking idiot.

Salsa

jesus fuck, Forlan is amazing. dat pass.

that is all

jett said:
LOL at you. Perez deserved a red for the first foul, ref saved his life. That Uruguayan goal shouldn't exist.

nice way of making sense

"that foul was a red! goal doesnt count!"

what?

about 4 goal opportunities by now, they're taking better care of the ball, but every time we reach from above we barely miss, matter of time for it to go through.

Cerebral Assassin said:
It was a deliberate attempt to stop the breakaway, if he hadn't been so blatant he would have got away with it.

Yup. What he did there is a yellow 9/10 times, can blame himself for being an idiot.

jett

D-Member
Argentina steamrolled all over Uruguay during the first half. Free kicks are Uruguay's only hope.

SalsaShark said:
jesus fuck, Forlan is amazing. dat pass.

that is all

nice way of making sense

"that foul was a red! goal doesnt count!"

what?

about 4 goal opportunities by now, they're taking better care of the ball, but every time we reach from above we barely miss, matter of time for it to go through.

It was Perez who scored, did you miss that? :p

Salsa

bone_and_sinew said:
Absolutely, Argentina hasn't stopped diving.

I'll say this: we are making fouls, sure, but man, they're being a bunch of pussies. Way to overreact pretty much everything.

jett said:
It was Perez who scored, did you miss that? :p

so?

there are an infinite amount of variables that dont only relate to the red card, who knows what would have happen. They were at least 2 other yellow cards we didnt deserve and were Argentinian players diving and bitching. If one of them scores in the next half im not gonna go all "BUT IF WE DIDNT HAD THAT YELLOW WE WOULD HAVE BLOCKED BETTER"

jett

D-Member
SalsaShark said:
I'll say this: we are making fouls, sure, but man, they're being a bunch of pussies. Way to overreact pretty much everything.

so?

there are an infinite amount of variables that dont only relate to the red card, who knows what would have happen. They were at least 2 other yellow cards we didnt deserve and were Argentinian players diving and bitching. If one of them scores in the next half im not gonna go all "BUT IF WE DIDNT HAD THAT YELLOW WE WOULD HAVE BLOCKED BETTER"

So? I was only pointing out that you're pretty dumb for claiming referee bias when he pardoned Perez god knows how many times.

Salsa

jett said:
So? I was only pointing out that you're pretty dumb for claiming referee bias when he pardoned Perez god knows how many times.

oh so you're calling me dumb now?

nice, i thought we were just discussing, didnt knew we were calling names

Can't believe people on here are blaming the ref for anything, everything he has done so far has been justified, even if Argentina are little cry babies after each challenge.

Salsa

jett said:
i guess not dumb, but blind with uruguayan bias. :p

El Ruso was way out of bounds and it was stupid of us to not change him when we had the opportunity, 10 players is gonna show, and it sucks.

What im getting at is this: I dont buy the whole "rev making up for mistakes" shit, if he didnt pull a red card when el ruso clearly deserved one, fine, but dont make up for it with a play that was BARELY a foul, they just ran into each other, there was no intention. That's being an asshole.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Perez rightly sent off, don't know how you could argue that. He looked uncontrollable, was bound to get send off.

elseanio

SalsaShark said:
El Ruso was way out of bounds and it was stupid of us to not change him when we had the opportunity, 10 players is gonna show, and it sucks.

What im getting at is this: I dont buy the whole "rev making up for mistakes" shit, if he didnt pull a red card when el ruso clearly deserved one, fine, but dont make up for it with a play that was BARELY a foul, they just ran into each other, there was no intention. That's being an asshole.
He didn't send him off to make up for a mistake, he gave him a yellow card that he deserved.

SalsaShark said:

Have you ever watched a match before? He was stopping a counter by bringing him out of balance, doesn't matter that he didn't kick him over the knee, it was a yellow and every ref would give a player a yellow card there.

SalsaShark said:

I think you're being very naive, man. Referees do that all the time, it's called "manejar el partido", and you know it.

It doesn't change the fact that Amarilla is an imbecile and one of the worst referees ever, though :p

Ezalc

SalsaShark said:

Argentina overreacting to every fucking poke shouldn't be a surprise, they've done it for years.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Tobe1 said:
well the ref sucks, always making shit decisions go google him, carlos amarilla.
Ooh I remember this fucker, he was that horrible ref from the 2006 WC. He was to 2006 what Koman Coulibaly was to 2010.

Ostinatto

maestro tabarez should replace perez after the first foul.

he has commited to much fouls after the yellow card. i think it was a fair red card.

well, stilll, this is the most enjoyable match in the tournament :)

Salsa

BatmanBatmanBatman said:
Have you ever watched a match before? He was stopping a counter by bringing him out of balance, doesn't matter that he didn't kick him over the knee, it was a yellow and every ref would give a player a yellow card there.

Oveja Negra said:
I think you're being very naive, man. Referees do that all the time, it's called "manejar el partido", and you know it.

It doesn't change the fact that Amarilla is an imbecile and one of the worst referees ever, though :p

elseanio said:
He didn't send him off to make up for a mistake, he gave him a yellow card that he deserved.

whatever man, i saw what i saw. Given how the referee is handling the match i think that was uncalled for, i dont think there was intention from Ruso, i just think he run into him, that's what i saw from the replay, but whatever, its done, we move on

Salsa

see? look at that shit. They're kicking the shit out of Suarez from the beggining of the match, where is YOUR yellow? i guess he needs to fall down and cry for that fuck referee to do something about it.

Noshino

Dude I like you and all, but...

SalsaShark said:
whatever man, i saw what i saw. Given how the referee is handling the match i think that was uncalled for, i dont think there was intention from Ruso, i just think he run into him, that's what i saw from the replay, but whatever, its done, we move on

cmon on!

He had been rough from the beginning
Counter attack
Likely to get past the rest if he didn't stop the argentinian player

Intention was there, tons of it

Tobe

lIcGS.jpg

You mad?

somebody kill this ref please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom