• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Chile 2015 |OT| Olé, Olé, Olé, Chee-lay

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuuRe

nervous-gif.gif

HardRojo

Zambrano fucked up by crippling the team so early during the match. Good match Chile, you did a great job during the second half. We didn't take advantage of the chances we had during the first half.

Ostinatto

HOLY SHIT.

Chile played realy bad this match.

But.

We deserve the win.

GRACIAS ZAMBRANO. WE WELCOME YOU IN CHILE ANYTIME YOU WANT, DUDE, YOU ROCK!!!

Kodaman

Feel sorry for Perú.
They're a good team.
I don't know how this would have ended 11 vs 11 but Zambrano is the one to blame.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Argetina have a lot to overcome. Their bad manager, Chile's bought refs. It will be a tremendous accomplishment if they win it all.

Toxi

Banned
They have to overcome Paraguay first, and start playing well. A lot of stars but no team.

Also, salt.
Argentina played fine against Columbia despite the match's outcome.

But Paraguay will definitely be a major challenge. Hopefully Argentina don't completely fall apart in the second half again.

FuuRe

I don't know why some of you are salty about Chile getting into the finals.

There's a reason why we've never won a cup.

But undeserving win? lawrenceok.gif

Perro

Argentina gonna win this cup playing terrible, Chile defense is weak.
Paraguay is ok, but I don't think they can beat Argentina.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Argentina played fine against Columbia despite the match's outcome.

But Paraguay will definitely be a major challenge.
Yes, but Colombia played really bad (except Ospina), they did an Uruguayan like parking the bus the whole match.

Argentina already played against best guay, and tied. That team is REALLY dangerous with high balls.

FuuRe

I also want to give a shout out to all the peruvian people, given the political scenario you would think social networks would be on fire and trying to gouge each other eyes mixing futbol with political discourse, racial slurs and 100+ year ago wars.

But everything has been so civil that I've felt like i connected to another internet today.

References to the Alianza Lima - Colo Colo brotherhood, all around respect, no name calling, it's like a parallel universe.

Of course there's always rotten apples but rounding up this truly looks like heaven between two historically confrontational neighbors, looks like we have a chance to share asados and polladas in the future.

Well played Perú, quietly you became my favorite revelation team of this tourney.

Also please pass the shit you've been given to Pizarro lol, the dude is Methuselah levels of old for a soccer player and is still awesome.

GoxRx

Argentina gonna win this cup playing terrible, Chile defense is weak.
Paraguay is ok, but I don't think they can beat Argentina.

Chilean defense depends on Medel 80% of the time. And he's not even a defender, he just plays there because everyone else sucks.

I've never felt more fucking robbed in my life. What a shit ref, I can't believe they didn't get one fucking yellow card. I can't believe they let that offsides goal through. Robbing us of the last play of the game didn't help also.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
I've never felt more fucking robbed in my life. What a shit ref, I can't believe they didn't get one fucking yellow card. I can't believe they let that offsides goal through. Robbing us of the last play of the game didn't help also.
Calm down,you are embarrassing your country.

Most Peruvians, even social network ones have been very civil, I'm impressed.

Great match by Peru. If you play like this, you'll definitely go to the world Cup, with Chile, Argentina and Paraguay, which are the teams that are playing well.

Gareca made one hell of a job there, congratulations, the Peruvian team is unrecognizable.

If it wasn't for the idiot Zambrano, I'm sure you would've won, or at least tied.

Magni

One offside goal was allowed, one onside goal was disallowed, it evens out.

Perú was arguably the better side today, but I wouldn't say the ref robbed you.

jett

D-Member
My country played well, they did all they could. Another story maybe if Zambrano hadn't been booted...but go Peru anyway! Let's get that third place.

NolbertoS

It was a heated match. I honestly expected Peru to play with 10 men before the game kicked off as in typical fashion the ref favours the home side and gets the visiting team a red. Happened in WCQ and happened today. Still a very competitive match. Zambrano lost his cool and he ahould've just walked away. Just like in past Copa Americas, the refs tend to be a more lenient towards the home side when playing, except against Brasil or Argentina. If Argentina beats Paraguay, don't think Chile will beat them. I expect Chile to defend like crazy and counter attack. Argentina is too much firepower, even if Peru had won. Well, onto WCQ and hopefully next years Copa America centenario. CONMEBOL got what they wanted in terms of moneh and revenue having the home side in the final, now time to get more ratings for the final with Argentina.

Caturro

Yeah, I can't really be mad for losing to Chile today. That was a golazo.
I was ready to celebrate with my girls had Peru won today though :(

Can't imagine many Chileans feeling optimistic despite reaching the final. Peru made us look very ordinary today, and Guerrero had our entire defense scrambling all by himself. Not liking our chances.

Also, could someone tell Alexis to wake the fuck up? The cup isn't over yet and he seems to be anywhere but where's he's supposed to be right now.

The World Cup qualifiers are going to be a bloodbath...

HardRojo

Can't imagine many Chileans feeling optimistic despite reaching the final. Peru made us look very ordinary today, and Guerrero had our entire defense scrambling all by himself. Not liking our chances.

Also, could someone tell Alexis to wake the fuck up? The cup isn't over yet and he seems to be anywhere but where's he's supposed to be right now.

The World Cup qualifiers are going to be a bloodbath...
We had the first half for ourselves but were unable to score. Chile had plenty of chances during the second half and even though they missed plenty of them, they ended up on top. I do agree Chile isn't playing as they should and I believe Argentina is going to get them hard. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom