• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

Did they change them in a patch recently? Or do you mean compared to 1.6/Source?

Nah it wasn't changed recently. IIRC, it was changed a while ago from the old default 2 locations on each map. Now they have a variety of (better) 2 spots each map that makes it harder for Ts to camp.

Nah it wasn't changed recently. IIRC, it was changed a while ago from the old default 2 locations on each map. Now they have a variety of (better) 2 spots each map that makes it harder for Ts to camp.

Yeah it's definitely more fun. Would be interesting to see a pro level scrim playing only hostage maps and seeing how it would turn out. I doubt they would ever make it to tournies though even if it was balanced cause the SC scene is very much against change.

CoolS

And first case sold for 3,60€. Actually surprised it's still going for that much. But got my pass back and then some now, so not complaining.

And Motel on Casual is pretty fun.

Hip Hop

Just got my first Phoenix case.

and sold it...

So, do you guys just dump the cases on the market place or do you actually open them?

What's the rarest skin you've gotten if so?

The prices of some of those skins are going for are ridiculous. Wish I could fetch something like that, but knowing my luck, it won't happen.

Just got my first Phoenix case.

and sold it...

So, do you guys just dump the cases on the market place or do you actually open them?

What's the rarest skin you've gotten if so?

The prices of some of those skins are going for are ridiculous. Wish I could fetch something like that, but knowing my luck, it won't happen.
I dump cases until they're below 1$.

Then, if there's a couple of skins I want from the set (and if their prices are expensive), I'll put in for 5 or 6 cases + keys using the money gained from the sold cases + ~10 of my own money to play Russian roulette. It's worked out alright thus far m4 Guardian and some statrak USPs

I dump cases until they're below 1$.

Then, if there's a couple of skins I want from the set (and if their prices are expensive), I'll put in for 5 or 6 cases + keys using the money gained from the sold cases + ~10 of my own money to play Russian roulette. It's worked out alright thus far m4 Guardian and some statrak USPs

This is what I plan to do. I get kinda stupid and open new cases before they drop but I learn after my first one.

I'll open a case or so a week until I get the stuff I want. I have gotten some pretty good stuff most of which I've sold. I have my dark water M4 stattrak. It's worth 10 now but was worth 25 when i opened it. It's my fav gun so I won't sell it. Now I want a redline ak and of course a knife.

The only two crates I've opened had contents worth 10 cents combined, so I'm not doing that again. I'm also not nearly good enough at Counter-Strike and don't intend to be good enough for Stattrak weapons to reach meaningful numbers, so no point in doing that. Whereas I've made over $11 on drops, not counting Dreamhack cases.

I had a Pit Viper AWP drop. I've never seen an AK or M4 drop for anyone.

My GO keeps crashing to desktop for who knows what reason - I've put my log from last time, looks innocent enough right? I don't get any prompts with more information so I am at a loss :(

Code:
Damage Given to "Lejonhjärta. DoYouEvenLift" - 30 in 2 hits
Player: Jenna Jameson - Damage Taken
-------------------------
Damage Taken from "Lejonhjärta. DoYouEvenLift" - 12 in 1 hit
Damage Taken from "Newborn Tiger" - 137 in 1 hit
Unknown command: spec_scoreboard
0:  Reinitialized 2 predictable entities
th1sen :* connected.
Player: Jenna Jameson - Damage Given
Damage Given to "Lejonhjärta. DoYouEvenLift" - 30 in 2 hits
Damage Taken from "Lejonhjärta. DoYouEvenLift" - 12 in 1 hit
Damage Taken from "Newborn Tiger" - 137 in 1 hit
0:  Reinitialized 4 predictable entities
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/backpack_jewel_modify_target_b_g
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/backpack_jewel_paint_splatter
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/store/store_icon_tf
Damage Given to "Fentor" - 56 in 2 hits
Damage Taken from "Newborn Tiger" - 135 in 1 hit
0:  Reinitialized 4 predictable entities
Damage Given to "Fentor" - 56 in 2 hits
Damage Taken from "Newborn Tiger" - 135 in 1 hit

I'm not an expert but is that "Missing VGUI" stuff normal? Maybe you should verify your game cache through the games properties and download any missing files?

Verified a lot, everytime everything is peachy fine :l My debug log might provide more info, noticed the time stamps correlate with crashes

Code:
[0227/222207:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(417)] Failed to load G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\bin\chrome.pak
Some features may not be available.

Checked the path, and there is an empty folder in the path called chrome.pak - is this normal, could somebody check their installation?

Ilúvatar

Verified a lot, everytime everything is peachy fine :l My debug log might provide more info, noticed the time stamps correlate with crashes

Code:
[0227/222207:ERROR:resource_bundle.cc(417)] Failed to load G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\bin\chrome.pak
Some features may not be available.

Checked the path, and there is an empty folder in the path called chrome.pak - is this normal, could somebody check their installation?

Mine is empty as well. Strange. I don't think the missing VGUI stuff is the problem, I get that all the time and don't crash out.

GAMEPLAY
Fixed the molotov not having the same collision bounds as the rest of the grenades.
Fixed some grenades allowing visibility through them when they shouldn't and vice versa - this fixes bugs like seeing players through smoke volumes.
Increased radarvispow from 0.2 to 0.4.
Fixed icons on the radar not fading out properly when they should have.
[
B]MISC[/B]
Fixed frequent connection errors when starting private casual matches with friends on a local server.
With sv_grenade_trajectory on, the debug overlay boxes now reflect the size of the grenades bounds when they collide and bounce.
Added an option to the options menu to use raw number keys or weapon binds for selecting players when spectating and voting for maps at round end (spec_usenumberkeys_nobinds, defaults to 1).

NETWORK
GOTV watch requests for matches with significant number of twitch.tv spectators will always get directed to GOTV relays.
Added convar host_name_store to indicate whether host name is revealed in queries and GOTV. Host name is always printed in status command output.
Added convar host_info_show, operators can set it to the following values: 0 to block server info queries; 1 (default) to respond with all details excluding identities; 2 to respond with all available details.
Added convar host_players_show, operators can set it to the following values: 0 to block server players queries; 1 (default) to respond only with max players and uptime; 2 to respond with all players details.
Server operators can now list game rules cvars in gamerulescvars.txt file, those cvars when marked as FCVAR_NOTIFY will be included in A2S_RULES response packet to server management software and 3rd party clients. The total size of A2S_RULES response packet must be within approximately 1Kb (MTU). File gamerulescvars.txt.example is provided.
When a server is running with the -nomaster parameter, it will not register on GMS and will not respond to direct queries.

MAPS
CS_Downtown: Fixed bug where players could spawn outside of map in Deathmatch
DE_Favela: Fixed exploits where players could get out of map, various other polish
DE_Inferno: Fixed exploit where players could see through roof near Bombsite A balcony

Uriah

Anyone else having trouble joining a matchmaking game after the patch? I'm getting constant you did not ready up errors

Finally got my first Phoenix Case. I think I'll sell it by morning since a couple hundred popped up recently.

Anyone know the requirements to level up the badge yet? And also, unrelated, but I finally made Master Guardian 1.

I really got to sort myself out. This game is starting to frustrate the hell out of me cause I play too much casual and it's a random clisterfuck of nonsense. The few ranked matches I've played I have done well and have enjoyed the game more because well the game is meant for 5v5 but my anxiety keeps me from playing more ranked matches. The pressure gets to me. Letting down my team etc. Somethings gonna give soon.

I really got to sort myself out. This game is starting to frustrate the hell out of me cause I play too much casual and it's a random clisterfuck of nonsense. The few ranked matches I've played I have done well and have enjoyed the game more because well the game is meant for 5v5 but my anxiety keeps me from playing more ranked matches. The pressure gets to me. Letting down my team etc. Somethings gonna give soon.

Have you considered buying a new account when sales come around? Then you can fuck about with lower ranked friends or just play easy and not care.

The shit people downvote is baffling.

I posted it this week and it gained some traction. 45 downvotes... based on pro feedback™?

How is a submission's score determined?

A submission's score is simply the number of upvotes minus the number of downvotes. If five users like the submission and three users don't it will have a score of 2. Please note that the vote numbers are not "real" numbers, they have been "fuzzed" to prevent spam bots etc. So taking the above example, if five users upvoted the submission, and three users downvote it, the upvote/downvote numbers may say 23 upvotes and 21 downvotes, or 12 upvotes, and 10 downvotes. The points score is correct, but the vote totals are "fuzzed".

Bug I just discovered with the Scout, I assume it also happens on the AWP but I can't test it. When you're actively using it and have a skin on it, putting the skin it's equipped with on the market while you're still alive will allow you to remain scoped in while shooting.

On a side note, it would be cool if they made the Deagle resemble the 1.6/Source look, as GO's looks like it's made of stone when you're playing with lower shader quality.

Omega

Banned
Finally got my first Phoenix Case. I think I'll sell it by morning since a couple hundred popped up recently.

Anyone know the requirements to level up the badge yet? And also, unrelated, but I finally made Master Guardian 1.

The same as Bravo

10 hours 5 wins for Silver
30 hours 15 wins for Gold

wins are based on competitive.

also, i hate how people just kill the market. 6 hours ago Phoenix cases were selling for $6. Now it's down to $3..

Omega

Banned
That's not people, that's just the nature of the supply. A huge influx of crates after the drops reset drives the price down.

No, it's the people.

Crates go for like $4..and then someone sells theirs for like $3.50

I understand there's supply and demand, but why the hell are you undercutting the market that much?

When I last looked, there were still $4 on the first page, the most recent added items were a little over $3. That's not supply and demand, that's just being an idiot. People want these crates, they would have bought them for the $5 or $6 they've been going for, people are just impatient and have this "I NEED TO SELL THE SECOND IT GOES ON THE MARKET" mentality.

CoolS

No, it's the people.

Crates go for like $4..and then someone sells theirs for like $3.50

I understand there's supply and demand, but why the hell are you undercutting the market that much?

When I last looked, there were still $4 on the first page, the most recent added items were a little over $3. That's not supply and demand, that's just being an idiot. People want these crates, they would have bought them for the $5 or $6 they've been going for, people are just impatient and have this "I NEED TO SELL THE SECOND IT GOES ON THE MARKET" mentality.

Well that's still supply and demand. Some people are content with getting 3 bucks for it. They see there are hundreds for more than 4 and fear that the price may go down a lot more.So worst case tehy put it up for 4.5, price falls anyway and in the end they only get 2 or even 1 buck.

Robot Pants

Anyone else having a hell of a time getting a game started in matchmaking? I have all the maps selected and it keeps telling me it found a game but I didn't accept. Which is obviously bullshit.

Anyone else having a hell of a time getting a game started in matchmaking? I have all the maps selected and it keeps telling me it found a game but I didn't accept. Which is obviously bullshit.

I only had the error once. Took a couple minutes to find a game today at first, but that was it.

Does it feel like the AUG has ultimately been nerfed? Feels completely unreliable out of scope, and in scope it feels like the recoil has increased.
Also, I'm getting tired of unreliable matchmaking and feeling like I'm going nowhere at Gold Nova 2-3. I joined the group, but I don't know if there's anyone I could do matchmaking with.

soultron

Banned
I just got a 144Hz monitor, running 120Hz w/ Lightboost. So pro now.

I'd really recommend it to anyone who hasn't made the jump yet. I feel like it's helping my game a bit.

GpkE0qw.jpg

I have my new PC built, so no more playing this on a toaster. I'm actually able to play at 60fps now, but I've played so much at 30-40(sometimes less)fps that playing at 60 frames is totally screwing with my aim. It feels like I'm back to sucking again. :(

SHL23

Banned
so I have probably 500+ hours in 1.6 and the same in CSS. Bought GO when it came out but didn't put much time into it. Decided to play it some today and managed to put 5 1/2 hours in. Im really rusty though, but It's still insanely fun as I remember CS being

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Played competitive Downtown. Won, topfragged (31-7-10). Bottomfragger (6-1-22) on the other team was the same rank as me (Master Guardian Elite).

Had a game on Nuke, first half (T side) 4-11, against us. Second half, we win, 16-14. Their topfragger had 52 kills (and seemed completely legit) and they still lost.

It's weird seeing stuff like this happen.

Robot Pants

Wellp traded my stat trak awp redline for a fire serpent, stat trak m4a4, and a candy apple glock.

Really just wanted the fire serpent so I'm ok with the trade.

KiKaL

I just got a 144Hz monitor, running 120Hz w/ Lightboost. So pro now.

I'd really recommend it to anyone who hasn't made the jump yet. I feel like it's helping my game a bit.

What'd you get? That's the next upgrade I really want to do. Has it been a huge difference?

Played competitive Downtown. Won, topfragged (31-7-10). Bottomfragger (6-1-22) on the other team was the same rank as me (Master Guardian Elite).

Had a game on Nuke, first half (T side) 4-11, against us. Second half, we win, 16-14. Their topfragger had 52 kills (and seemed completely legit) and they still lost.

Happens 90% of the games i'm in. At least one team will have someone will twice as many kills as the rest of his team.

soultron

Banned
What'd you get? That's the next upgrade I really want to do. Has it been a huge difference?

Managed to grab this one brand new for $300 CAD: http://products.ncix.com/detail/benq-xl2420te-24in-led-144hz-08-85052-1064.htm

It's capable of 144Hz, but I'm running it at 120Hz with Lightboost. I feel like I upgraded my graphics card for free or something. I noticed how smooth everything became the second I flipped the refresh rate higher than 60Hz... even mouse movement in Windows was buttery smooth.

I feel like the difference is huge, personally. I find it's easier to track targets now, most of all.

Good site to do some reading, has monitor tests as well: http://www.blurbusters.com/

soultron

Banned

Sometimes I wonder if teams that have that big of a skill gap are using mics/communicating. I've noticed that any team where we didn't use mics had lots of really hard-earned wins since we had zero communication... it often felt like a fluke.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Is the steam market the cheapest way to get the operation phoenix pass right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom