• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes I wonder if teams that have that big of a skill gap are using mics/communicating. I've noticed that any team where we didn't use mics had lots of really hard-earned wins since we had zero communication... it often felt like a fluke.
Yeah, it definitely can feel that way.

Is the steam market the cheapest way to get the operation phoenix pass right now?

Yup, by a few cents.

soultron

Banned
Confirm or deny. Cs is random bs when its more then 8v8. Game is better with smaller teams

Eh, I generally enjoy 5v5 format for competitive. I don't like when a TDM server is batshit crazy and has like 24 (or more?) players on it though. It just gets stupid.

SHL23

Banned
Eh, I generally enjoy 5v5 format for competitive. I don't like when a TDM server is batshit crazy and has like 24 (or more?) players on it though. It just gets stupid.

Bigger servers have the dumbasses that run around like idiots and then campers that sit in the same spot the whole round. I find that ppls play style changes for the better and The pace of 5v5 matches is bettwr

Confirm or deny. Cs is random bs when its more then 8v8. Game is better with smaller teams

Confirmed. casual servers are just an act of frustration unless you want to mess around. Too many awpers. Too many people camping around random corners. This game and it's maps are amazing in 5 v 5 with bigger teams it's just too much chaos.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Randomized? Yes.

Fun?
Also yes.

You haven't played CS until you've played a 1.6 60+ player Italy match. It's stupidity in it's best form. If you're a t that successfully flanks apartments via market or wine stairs you can rack up quite a kill feed.

soultron

Banned
I will say that some of the larger maps benefit from TDM stupidity with large player counts. Thunder being one of them. 5v5 makes that map intense because it's often quiet and you wonder if death awaits you around a corner (inside) or 50 meters out (outside on the dam).

Clydefrog

Yeah, the intensity of 5v5 cannot be matched. When you're the last guy alive, that shit hits you hard.

When you're the last guy alive in 12v12, it's like "welp! drop the gun and try to knife someone!"

Omega

Banned
Are there any maps that help you get better with aiming?

On T side I'm good with AK and my K/D is usually the polar opposite of CT. On CT I'm beyond useless as I can't use the M4 if my life depended on it.

Are there any maps that help you get better with aiming?

On T side I'm good with AK and my K/D is usually the polar opposite of CT. On CT I'm beyond useless as I can't use the M4 if my life depended on it.

Have you tried the M4A1-S? It's more accurate at the cost of some ammo.

valeo

I'm pretty sure this was confirmed more than a decade ago ; hence why all matches are 5v5..

Though I do vaguely remember playing some 6v6 during the beta days.

Hanzou

Why does this game always reset my graphic setting a to default. I swear every day it will all reset back to default settings and res.

Why does this game always reset my graphic setting a to default. I swear every day it will all reset back to default settings and res.
Go to your cfg file and make it read only. It works but if you want to change settings in game later you have to revert it back.

I had that same problem. Go to your Counter Strike GO folder -> csgo -> cfg, then make video.txt read only, after you've changed your graphics settings to your preferences, of course.

Just started playing competitive. I like the comp rules but the matchmaking seems terrible. Twice in four or so matches I've been solo queueing and ended up against a well coordinated five-stack, how does that happen?

Also, how often should I be buying armor in competitive?

Oreoleo

Just started playing competitive. I like the comp rules but the matchmaking seems terrible. Twice in four or so matches I've been solo queueing and ended up against a well coordinated five-stack, how does that happen?

Also, how often should I be buying armor in competitive?

Do you have a rank yet? You're going to see a wide variety of skill level in your first 5-10 games until the rank system gets an idea of how good you are.

Armor should (IMO) basically be the first thing you buy. If you can't afford armor + a primary (note: primary does NOT mean a poop SMG that only costs $1200 or whatever) you shouldn't be buying unless a team mate can buy a gun for you. Sometimes you can get away with just kevlar since some guns like the AK are 1 shot kills to the head regardless if you have a helmet or not. But you don't need to rebuy until your armor gets down to 40-50%, the damage reduction will always be the same down to 1% until armor is gone and the max armor you can lose in a round is like 54 or something. And the helmet never degrades, so as long as you have 1% of kevlar+helmet you only need to rebuy the kevlar at $650 to fully refill.

Robot Pants

Been recently using the M4A4 instead of my trusty M4A1-S.

For me the are almost identical, M4A4 reminds me more of the AK though, which I like better. Might switch to M4A4 permanently.

I prefer the M4A1-S. I've never been able to rely on the M4A4 for anything other than hitting damaged enemies and spraying.

Finally got my rank. Gold Nova 1, IIRC. Cool?

Not good enough. Keep fighting.
I got to Gold Nova 3 even though I didn't deserve it. I dropped back to Gold Nova 2 and I've been there ever since. Generally I get much more balanced games at that rank, too.

Robot Pants

Experienced the largest number of cheaters and/or glitchers today than I ever have.
One game we were beating a team 13-4 then all of a sudden this guy disconnects,, comes back and is suddenly shooting us with an awp through smoke, and telling his team where we were.
It was so bad we ended up losing the game. I checked the demo after and he was pretty blatantly wall hacking. Sucked.

Then a few games later, two guys on the opposite team who had 20 ping, were stuttering all over the place just spraying p90's and no one on my team could kill them (80% of the time).

Really ruins the game.

Oreoleo

I find the market oddly satisfying to observe. My Phoenix case I got last week just sold for $4.60, giving me $4 even. Not 15 minutes later, there were 1000 new Phoenix cases on the market (800 -> ~1800) and the price plummeted to $2.99 and falling. Guess drops just reset :p

chessnut

I find the market oddly satisfying to observe. My Phoenix case I got last week just sold for $4.60, giving me $4 even. Not 15 minutes later, there were 1000 new Phoenix cases on the market (800 -> ~1800) and the price plummeted to $2.99 and falling. Guess drops just reset :p

yeah, it resets sometime on thursdays

Hip Hop

I could have sold my Phoenix case for about $4.20 earlier, but it's been a few hours and my marketing posting doesn't show up. Now the cases are going for $2.99

Is this normal, does this happens sometimes?

It says that it is posted, but when I look at the list, I'm not even there, even if I am the cheapest seller.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

I could have sold my Phoenix case for about $4.20 earlier, but it's been a few hours and my marketing posting doesn't show up. Now the cases are going for $2.99

Is this normal, does this happens sometimes?

It says that it is posted, but when I look at the list, I'm not even there, even if I am the cheapest seller.

I've seen it happen where it becomes impossible to list an item on Market, even if it says it's listed. This means the ones that were listed earlier get sold, and with no new inventory to maintain the lower prices, the higher priced ones start selling. Then it gets fixed and the Market returns to normalcy.

Basically, I think it's an occasional bug.

soultron

Banned
I need to get my mic fixed. I earned my rank without a mic but it's super hard to communicate effectively without a mic. A few people got pissed that I didn't have one, but that's kind of understandable.

CoolS

I need to get my mic fixed. I earned my rank without a mic but it's super hard to communicate effectively without a mic. A few people got pissed that I didn't have one, but that's kind of understandable.

Few people got pissed once because I had a abd day and didn't check catwalk immediately when I entered A on nuke, so they kicked me and I lost my Gold Nova ranking..

They lost 16:1 though.

Ilúvatar

Was able to play one Comp game yesterday because I plugged my laptop into ethernet, won my first match of Operation Phoenix (and had a good 1:1/support game to boot). Unfortunately tried to get a match later with the same setup and no dice... so frustrating.

Robot Pants

Yea dude. If you are playing competitive you need a mic. No reason to not have one. It hurts you and your whole team. Call outs are essential to winning.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
This notice is currently in Market:

We're currently working on rebuilding the search index. Older listings may not be shown, but will come back soon. Searching in languages other than English, Russian, and Chinese may temporarily show incomplete results.

soultron

Banned
Yea dude. If you are playing competitive you need a mic. No reason to not have one. It hurts you and your whole team. Call outs are essential to winning.

The time/movement lost when typing a callout sucks too. :(

I want to play so badly but I'll have to wait a few weeks before I get a new headset. I can't decide on which to get though, which suck too. Haha.

Clydefrog

People with loud mics are the worst though. I hate it when the mic volume completely overpowers anything I can hear in-game.

For some reason, even though I have my "mic receive" volume on the lowest tab in the CS:GO options, it's still really loud most of the time. Is there a console command for this where I can put in a numerical value for mic volume?

EMS One Katowice 2014
Added EMS One Katowice 2014 CS:GO Championship Sticker Capsules:
Each capsule contains a single EMS One Katowice 2014 participant sticker. A portion of each capsule's proceeds is shared equally among the included organizations.

Misc
Fixed a bug where the sticker peel animaton played when opening the apply sticker panel.
Centered the names of stickers.
Demo highlights now show a "Fast forwarding to next highlight..." message while fast forwarding.
Demo highlights now include bomb plant and bomb defuse.
Fixed dsp canceling and a few other exploits.
Added competitive match scores to in-game friends list status display.
Added rich presence display in friends game details in Steam Overlay.
Fixed a hitch on stattrak kills for players with large inventories.

Maps

Mirage:
Made it easier to peek short from B apartments
Made cover at back of B bangable
Horizontal metal bars on catwalk no longer block bullets or grenades
Made corner to the right on Bombsite A scaffolding bangable

Overpass:
Added more cover in Bombsite A
Widened gate at back of Bombsite A
Blocked fence completely at back of Bombsite A
Color coded tunnels under A
Removed dropdown into water near bombsite B
Made cement bags around bombsite B easier to climb
Added cover near construction
New connector between upper park and bathrooms
Widened tunnel near T spawn
General polish and optimization

Dust2:
Fixed tiny gaps between boxes in Bombsite A
Fixed killer box in Bombsite B

Oreoleo

EMS One Katowice 2014
Added EMS One Katowice 2014 CS:GO Championship Sticker Capsules:
Each capsule contains a single EMS One Katowice 2014 participant sticker. A portion of each capsule's proceeds is shared equally among the included organizations.
More shit to sell, baller.

Maps
Overpass:
Added more cover in Bombsite A
Widened gate at back of Bombsite A
Blocked fence completely at back of Bombsite A
Color coded tunnels under A
Removed dropdown into water near bombsite B
Made cement bags around bombsite B easier to climb
Added cover near construction
New connector between upper park and bathrooms
Widened tunnel near T spawn
General polish and optimization
Quality changes. Covering A fence, widening tunnels, and adding the connector to bathrooms are all good things.

Dust2:
Fixed tiny gaps between boxes in Bombsite A
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fixed killer box in Bombsite B
I'm pretty sure no one thought this would ever be fixed. But neat.

Robot Pants

The time/movement lost when typing a callout sucks too. :(

I want to play so badly but I'll have to wait a few weeks before I get a new headset. I can't decide on which to get though, which suck too. Haha.

I got this one when it was on sale a month or so ago.
It's very decent for the price. Only thing is the volume is a little low.
I have to have the thing at full blast when I play and I could honestly stand it to be a little louder. My only gripe, though. Everything else is great.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006W41W7S/?tag=neogaf0e-20

So I got kicked from a casual match for my items_game.txt not matching the server's (no clue what file that is, even), but I verified the game and everything checked out. Anyone else run into this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom