• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolS

Have Valve hinted at when the next operation is going to start?

Unfirtunately not.

My guess is we will hear something about it by next week at the earliest. Either it will release just before the Summer Sale starts in July or shortly after.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Unfirtunately not.

My guess is we will hear something about it by next week at the earliest. Either it will release just before the Summer Sale starts in July or shortly after.

the sale starts this thursday so either it'll hit at the same time the new TF2 update does/along with the sale or it will wait til sometime after so as to not have overlapping events.

Dreamhack finals made me really wanna play again, but I don't like playing stock maps so I'm stuck waiting until Operation Crown. Really hope it comes soon..

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Summer sale + an operation would make sense, but I'm not holding my breath for anything this week.

Carried some fools and then I got a nice drop.

bkRLNwj.jpg

Sajjaja

What sensitivity do you guys use? I'm trying to go down to 2.5 from 3, but its proving difficult to adjust.

You're going to want to be between 1 and 2. It may be a bit difficult at first, and you may reach your target quicker with a higher sensitivity, but you wont be as accurate as you have probably noticed that you swing past your target more often than not.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I still don't get how half the people I play with own $150+ knives. I refuse to believe people are throwing down hundreds of dollars.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I still don't get how half the people I play with own $150+ knives. I refuse to believe people are throwing down hundreds of dollars.
Some are unboxing them, some are trading for them, and some are paying $$$ for them.

The cheapest knives are under $100 if that makes you feel better.

DaNcaKe

Has the most recent update introduced a bug whilst spectating? I can't switch players quite often and the HUD goes all messed up.

Divius

Is there any way I can see my current crosshair/minimap/gun-position console settings?

My friend just bought CSGO and liked my setup so he wants the same, but I have no idea where I got all my commands from. I don't have a config file, I just entered stuff in my console.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Has the most recent update introduced a bug whilst spectating? I can't switch players quite often and the HUD goes all messed up.

Yep, lots of issues with the new patch. I've seen the bomb icon stay on the minimap when people have picked up the bomb and ran off with it, spectating issues, and other annoyances.

Uriah

Switched my sensitivity to 1.75. It is a lot easier to get headshots and hit targets that are further away, but it feels so slow.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah I have that, too.

Another HUD bug that's annoying (that's been in the game for a while now) is some first rounds in comp mode are missing the radar. I haven't seen it recently, though, so Valve might've fixed it.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Yeah I have that, too.

Another HUD bug that's annoying (that's been in the game for a while now) is some first rounds in comp mode are missing the radar. I haven't seen it recently, though, so Valve might've fixed it.

Nope! I actually just had that one. :p

Sajjaja

Switched my sensitivity to 1.75. It is a lot easier to get headshots and hit targets that are further away, but it feels so slow.

Aye, you'll need room, but headshots are the most important thing to get when shooting your gun so you're going to have to adjsut.

This bug seems to come and go, but when it's active I notice that it only triggers once you access the scoreboard while dead. Don't do that and you should spectate normally.

Is there any way I can see my current crosshair/minimap/gun-position console settings?

My friend just bought CSGO and liked my setup so he wants the same, but I have no idea where I got all my commands from. I don't have a config file, I just entered stuff in my console.
You can look up your settings in the console for the following commands for that, but it should be easier to see them all at a glance in the config.cfg in your /csgo/cfg/ folder:

cl_crosshair_drawoutline
cl_crosshair_dynamic_maxdist_splitratio
cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_innermod
cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_outermod
cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitdist
cl_crosshair_outlinethickness
cl_crosshairalpha
cl_crosshaircolor
cl_crosshaircolor_b
cl_crosshaircolor_g
cl_crosshaircolor_r
cl_crosshairdot
cl_crosshairgap
cl_crosshairscale
cl_crosshairsize
cl_crosshairstyle
cl_crosshairthickness
cl_crosshairusealpha

cl_radar_always_centered
cl_radar_icon_scale_min
cl_radar_rotate
cl_radar_scale

viewmodel_fov
viewmodel_offset_x
viewmodel_offset_y
viewmodel_offset_z

Though I've never gotten custom viewmodel settings to stick without binding something to switch to them every time I run the game, so maybe only viewmodel_presetpos would be pertinent.

cresto

So I finally checked out alt-pug and it is incredibly fun compared to traditional matchmaking. Granted, there is no skill brackets, but the 128 tick servers and general population is much more pleasant to play on/with. I highly recommend it considering it's free!

Ilúvatar

So I finally checked out alt-pug and it is incredibly fun compared to traditional matchmaking. Granted, there is no skill brackets, but the 128 tick servers and general population is much more pleasant to play on/with. I highly recommend it considering it's free!

I found the lack of punishment for abandoning matches highly unpleasant. I've played maybe five matches on AltPug and none of them were with a full 10 (of course my team was always the one suffering)

cresto

Ilúvatar;117886157 said:
I found the lack of punishment for abandoning matches highly unpleasant. I've played maybe five matches on AltPug and none of them were with a full 10 (of course my team was always the one suffering)

Valid point. Both games I played had this issue too. I hope they change it up. Maybe ban the player for 15 minutes for leaving 1 match, then 30 for two consecutive matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom