• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negev is the best gun in the game.

Getting good with the Negev is a great way to stir up respect from people. I play with it all the time when we're dominating 13-5 or thereabouts. It's a decent two-shot burst from distance. sprays through smoke can yield a nice random kill or two.

Kind of a relic from older CS games, is it not? Seems OP to me because the recoil is ineffectual as a drawback to using it. I'd be fine with just the Scout (early game buy for calling out picks) and the AWP.
If I remember correctly, it use to be a 3 shot kill weapon in 1.6 before it was buffed in 1.6 or if was way more inaccurate. I hated the day they patched it.

soultron

Banned
Negev is the best gun in the game.

Getting good with the Negev is a great way to stir up respect from people. I play with it all the time when we're dominating 13-5 or thereabouts. It's a decent two-shot burst from distance. sprays through smoke can yield a nice random kill or two.

I think it's hilarious because when you start knowing exactly how to pull down your crosshair to control the recoil at any distance, you really start to see the matrix.

udiie

Machine guns are really fun to use, and they're so expensive and heavy they're joke weapons for most people.

How? When it's 1v4 or something?

no joke, just played a round of mist for a mission, and we all (including a bot) used Negevs to win the match

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
How? When it's 1v4 or something?
Auto sniper fires a high rate of powerful rounds that can suppress an attacking team, particularly at long and medium ranges.

High risk if you die and the other team gets it, high reward if you can kill several enemies.

jerry1594

Auto sniper fires a high rate of powerful rounds that can suppress an attacking team, particularly at long and medium ranges.

High risk if you die and the other team gets it, high reward if you can kill several enemies.
An awp can do that just fine. Autos are seriously overkill that anybody can use to get easy kills.
Sidenote is the new operation worth it? I hardly played phoenix since I wasn't a fan of the maps. I played a couple of the new ones and the only one I liked was the oil rig.

Robot Pants

An awp can do that just fine. Autos are seriously overkill that anybody can use to get easy kills.
Sidenote is the new operation worth it? I hardly played phoenix since I wasn't a fan of the maps. I played a couple of the new ones and the only one I liked was the oil rig.

Well that's easily the worst one.
So I guess don't get it.
I'd say they are all good except Gold Rush (oilrig, but how dare you use that name for this map) and Mist.
Rest good.

jerry1594

Well that's easily the worst one.
So I guess don't get it.
I'd say they are all good except Gold Rush (oilrig, but how dare you use that name for this map) and Mist.
Rest good.
I dunno. I thought mist was pretty lame but I really didn't care for insertion or castle. I didn't play rush or overgrown but those seem more interesting than the others. I really liked that there was a big helipad in black gold where people can do knife fights. lol
Overall I didn't make a thorough assessment of the maps so maybe that's why they rubbed me the wrong way.
Will tuscan ever get released? And will season and crown show up at a later point?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
All 6 are fun in casual.

Black Gold and Rush are HORRIBLE in comp. Mist seems ok. Insertion is weird but interesting. I haven't played Castle in comp. Overgrown is designed around more traditional CS layouts, and works pretty well.

udiie

just had the worst game of all time
me and a friend joined, the other three players were complete trolls and legitimately did nothing helpful at all
considering the possibility of never playing without gaffers or someone else because randoms are making me want to uninstall
ive said this before, but if youd like to play ever, im pacific time, ranked gold nova II (for god knows how much longer) and am willing to play lots

edit: i suppose this would be helpful (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561)

Wunder

FMPOne is doing a remake of Season, but it's still going to be a couple months apparently, and he's still fixing bugs on Cache.

Could anyone tell me why all modes but competitive drops me with Bots every single time?

Im based in the Netherlands so European servers should be fine. I also upped my acceptable ping match to 250, but i still get dropped in a game with only bots when I play any other mode than competitive.

Also: Is it right that server browser only yields about 90 servers? Im used to 800 servers in cs 1.6 and css....

Plenty of top teams buy autosnipers on certain maps CT side. The Awp is a pick based weapon, you take a shot, then retreat and reposition. It's best used when you have room to maneuver freely. The Autosniper is better in a position where you can't go anywhere, i.e. you're the only person defending B site on Dust 2 or Inferno and you need to mow down Ts rushing, as if you have the awp you'll only get 1 shot off before the other 4 rush you down and take the site.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's mostly due to them just being back from a break I'd say. Hopefully they'll be back in time for cologne, It'd be very disappointing to see such a big tournament without NiP firing on all cylinders.

The thing is Dignitas have also been on a break, and they've been playing amazing all tournament. I guess taking time off affects people differently.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Wasnt Dignitas considered the top team before the tournament anyway? I dont think its an upset for them to beat NiP

Nope, NiP was and still are considered the best team. One poor showing doesn't undo everything they've done. Cologne will be the real test, all teams will be 100% for that.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to try and play 2 competitive games a day, which isn't a lot to most people but I really don't game much any more. I bought GO about a year ago and played casual for a few months and then stopped playing until a week or two ago when I decided to get into competitive, a few days ago I got put into Nova 2, then I ranked to Nova 3 the next day and Nova Master the day after. I currently have 2/2 wins at NM so I should be able to rank up tomorrow God willing. I always queue solo and I haven't had a single troll on my team for awhile, so I'm sure my "no idiots" luck will run out soon. I think MGE is the goal for now, I like how it's on the 3rd row of ranks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom