• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Small giveaway. Enjoy. :D

noooooo how did I miss this? :/ Great giveaway

Anyway I'm playing using one hand since I broke fracture my left elbow, I'm not that bad, I don't what that says about me or the people I play against lol.

impact

Banned
Trying to trade to a M9 fade or slaughter is hilarious. Everyone thinks their pattern is 100% unique so everyone wants over market value. lolol

Haroon

I have been trying out this Faceit league thing. So far, it's pretty neat. You could select to be matched up against other players based on your skill level.

Haroon

Ohh, how did your games go?

Pretty good so far. Still going at it with some of my friends. The community is a bit better because they ban people who have unsportsmanship like attitude.

The new ESEA updates look awesome. Anyone play there? How's the community to new players on ESEA?

The ESEA community is pretty rough for new players. But the overall skill level among the players is better than the ones you face in regular matchmaking.

spk

The new ESEA updates look awesome. Anyone play there? How's the community to new players on ESEA?

The ESEA community in general is pretty terrible and it's worse if you're a new player. The overall skill level is much higher. You'll probably run into more ego and attitude than Valve MM

Hmmm, debating on trying it for a month. I'm tired of bad performance, trolls, AFKs, etc from matchmaking.

I'm at MGE/DMG level so I should be alright hopefully.

soultron

Banned
I want to do something like FACEIT but I'm just not good enough yet. I need to practise smokes, flashes, and general site takes on Comp maps more.

impact

Banned
SOMEHOW turned that StatTrak M9 case hardened into this + a field tested Cyr(s)ex

ivl3rJvk59VfN.jpg

and it reminded me of how much cooler the Bayonet animation is over the M9. Now I need to try and turn this Cyrex into a Master Piece and I'll be content with my trading day.

Haroon

After playing 10 straight matches of Faceit. I think I have sufficient experience to say that the service is pretty good. The entire queuing system is awesome, and the profile system is cool too. The only thing that was disappointing was that the teams that we went up against were not challenging. We even faced people who obtained Rank 10, and we still dominated them. Overall though, the Faceit system is pretty awesome. They just need an anti-cheat client, and most people will most likely move to Faceit.

Had an pretty epic comback on Mirage earlier after staring 0-7 on CT side. Finished the half at 6-9, then I got an ace on the pistol round with the Tec 9, that gun has gone from one of my least favoite weapons alongside the likes of the scout and the sawed off shotgun, to my favorite T pistol, and only second to the Five-Seven out of all the pistols. In the end we ended up winning 16-11.

spk

After playing 10 straight matches of Faceit. I think I have sufficient experience to say that the service is pretty good. The entire queuing system is awesome, and the profile system is cool too. The only thing that was disappointing was that the teams that we went up against were not challenging. We even faced people who obtained Rank 10, and we still dominated them. Overall though, the Faceit system is pretty awesome. They just need an anti-cheat client, and most people will most likely move to Faceit.

Nothing going for NA unfortunately :(

ChrisW

7/10-11 wins now hopefully I can get 3 more now and get my rank on comp

As stressful as it is I seem to play better in comp, I think it's because the people I'm playing against are my level where as in casual they can be any level

Shadownet

Banned

As stressful as it is I seem to play better in comp, I think it's because the people I'm playing against are my level where as in casual they can be any level

Plus people don't communicate much in casual. No teamwork.

CoolS

It's also "easier" to predict peoples behaviour to and extent in competetive. In Casual if your unlucky there's suddenly a yolo 6 man rush coming your way.

CoolS

Wow. ESC will obviously win against daT, so obviously the game is getting DDoS'ed. The betting scene is such a joke.

Edit: but they got a standin who did a quick triple to end the match ^^

CoolS

I'm laughing so hard at all the bitching and moaning about the OG vs Epsilon 4vs5 match in CSGO Lounge reddit right now. Everyone thinks they broke their rules, while the people who bet on epsilon say the rules haven't been broken. Love it.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm laughing so hard at all the bitching and moaning about the OG vs Epsilon 4vs5 match in CSGO Lounge reddit right now. Everyone thinks they broke their rules, while the people who bet on epsilon say the rules haven't been broken. Love it.

Are people stupid? if OG 5th person didn't show up and they don't want to forfeit and agree to play a 4v5. then Epsilon shouldn't have to sit out a player just because one dude on the other team was a no show.

CoolS

Are people stupid? if OG 5th person didn't show up and they don't want to forfeit and agree to play a 4v5. then Epsilon shouldn't have to sit out a player just because one dude on the other team was a no show.

Pretty much. I think really highly of OG for actually trying.

Just rolled a bunch of double AKs on Overpass.

End scoreboard comments: "a FOUR-STAR? WHAT THE FUCK HACKER"

I got rolled over by a single AK today playing with his friends and the stuff they did were a bit suspect. Watched their highlights on GOTV and yup. Definitely walling.

I hate this game.

soultron

Banned
I got rolled over by a single AK today playing with his friends and the stuff they did were a bit suspect. Watched their highlights on GOTV and yup. Definitely walling.

I hate this game.

In my case it was playing against double AKs (and maybe a MG?) that were just awful. Maybe they got boosted. They were calling me a hacker at the end.

CoolS

Yeah we played MM today. The avarage rank in our team was maybe Silver 5/Silver Master. Game was actually quite close for a while but we still lost in the end, partly because the beste player in the other team was making these crazy plays and dropping 35-xx.

Turns out his rank was Silver one and there was also a MG1 on the other team. Solid MM as always Valve, solid.

Wunder

Yeah we played MM today. The avarage rank in our team was maybe Silver 5/Silver Master. Game was actually quite close for a while but we still lost in the end, partly because the beste player in the other team was making these crazy plays and dropping 35-xx.

Turns out his rank was Silver one and there was also a MG1 on the other team. Solid MM as always Valve, solid.

wat, how can Valve stop smurfs?

CoolS

wat, how can Valve stop smurfs?

It's more about how this is actually possible. If a Silver 1(!!!!) player pair up with MGs, let him play against other MG and not people who are at least SIX ranks lower.

And yes, they could do something about smurfs. reddit has a ton of ideas on that.

Wunder

It's more about how this is actually possible. If a Silver 1(!!!!) player pair up with MGs, let him play against other MG and not people who are at least SIX ranks lower.

And yes, they could do something about smurfs. reddit has a ton of ideas on that.

Yeah, maybe. Maybe he was queued with them? For Valve to work on smurfs, they'd have to rehaul the Casual mode, since going from a weird 10v10 with free armor and kits to a 5v5 'competitive' mode would be a bit jarring for new players. I mean, there's a lot of things Valve can do to the game: 128 tick, better anti-cheat, better matchmaking, measures against smurfs, and usage of proper round and bomb timers, but there hasn't really been any indication for a while that they're working on or even considering putting in anything. It's unfortunate, but the reality of the situation I'm afraid.

Wunder

What's a smurf exactly? An account specifically for cheating?

Yeah, sometimes. It has various connotations but in this context it's usually a brand new account you create with the intention of either a) getting a 'free pass' in case of a ban, or b) start at the bottom of the matchmaking ladder so you could play with some lower-ranked friends, or just stomp around some newer/lower ranked players.

edit: In something like Starcraft, a smurf could also be an anonymous account you use to try some new things or just hide from people.

Oh I'm sure he queued with the MG intentionally. If somebody does that, just pair them all on MG level. Might be unfair for the 2% of Silver 1 players that want to play with their MG friends but you know what? I don't care.

Probably just really frustrated about that game at the moment.

Fair enough, I feel bad queuing with some EU Gaffers because they're high silvers but I'm DMG so we get queued with like Gold Novas and sometimes even an AK or two. It's rough on them because they just don't have the time invested compared to the other guys.

CoolS

Oh I'm sure he queued with the MG intentionally. If somebody does that, just pair them all on MG level. Might be unfair for the 2% of Silver 1 players that want to play with their MG friends but you know what? I don't care.

Probably just really frustrated about that game at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom