• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
What's a smurf exactly? An account specifically for cheating?

A smurf is an account created for two reasons.

1) To either play competitively with lower levels people than what his skill level actually is. (Usually because they wanna play with friends who are lowly ranked)

2) To cheat, wallhack, aimbotting. You name it. They just wanna win and make everyone look like shit.

cHinzo

Yeah, sometimes. It has various connotations but in this context it's usually a brand new account you create with the intention of either a) getting a 'free pass' in case of a ban, or b) start at the bottom of the matchmaking ladder so you could play with some lower-ranked friends, or just stomp around some newer/lower ranked players.

Fair enough, I feel bad queuing with some EU Gaffers because they're high silvers but I'm DMG so we get queued with like Gold Novas and sometimes even an AK or two. It's rough on them because they just don't have the time invested compared to the other guys.

Looks like you're in need of a smurf. :d Smurfs stomping lower ranked players are the biggest scum on earth. I got a smurf myself to play with lower ranked friends and just use it to relax while playing CS and having fun, like going deagle only while buying equip for my teammates. :D Tryharders just need to stay on their main (although trash talkers in enemy teams during the switch will get rekt). -_-

Wunder

Looks like you're in need of a smurf. :d Smurfs stomping lower ranked players are the biggest scum on earth. I got a smurf myself to play with lower ranked friends and just use it to relax while playing CS and having fun, like going deagle only while buying equip for my teammates. :D Tryharders just need to stay on their main (although trash talkers in enemy teams during the switch will get rekt). -_-

haha yeah i've been waiting for a decent sale so I can grab one. My plan is to just do what you do, not really drop like 50 bombs on silvers.

cHinzo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a CS:GO skin. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487700.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (cHinzo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AK-47 Redline (Field Tested) -- MB-8E156A331CCCE07A - Taken by NaM. 47 entrants total.
oxsbxXe.jpg

t1411431398z1.png

Nobody is going to miss the giveaway this time. :D Had some luck today with betting. Good luck!

ironmang

The way ranks factor into matchmaking right now kind of sucks. I've been playing with a Silver 2 friend on my Badge/Eagle main and it keeps matching us up with 2-3 star novas. Even though we're like 12-1 playing together, the game hasn't ranked him up at all which would probably help us get at least a couple aks on the other team to make it a little more interesting.

ViviOggi

The way ranks factor into matchmaking right now kind of sucks. I've been playing with a Silver 2 friend on my Badge/Eagle main and it keeps matching us up with 2-3 star novas. Even though we're like 12-1 playing together, the game hasn't ranked him up at all which would probably help us get at least a couple aks on the other team to make it a little more interesting.
So it's hard to boost people, I don't see anything wrong with this.

ironmang

So it's hard to boost people, I don't see anything wrong with this.

He's contributing a lot in our matches and we've won almost all of them. You really don't think he should have gotten a couple ranks out of it? Not like Silver 3 or 4 is some huge boosting feat. Obviously skill based matchmaking is failing if I'm dropping 40 bombs every match and we're winning like 16-3 lol.

Rivitur

Banned
So this whole smithzZ and epsilon fe thing is pretty funny. Stani ended up leaving the team and now the girls are going at it on Facebook. Now we wait for the hair pulling to begin...

Odah

Banned
This is when you might start losing 5 in a row. Be careful.

Thanks for the advice but I won't get too nervous or something, today im only gonna bet on matches where im sure of.

edit: thx for the giveaway cHinzo! Will happily participate :D A bigger win would be if you could give me some advice for betting since you always go in and out big :eek:

Shadownet

Banned
Decided to jump into one comp game before bed and behold we lost on Overpass. We got crushed 14-1 even though we started CT side.

I was soloing. My team was calling wallhack the entire games. Afterward I went back and look at the tape. It was clear as days that they were wallhacking, even aimbotting at one point.
2 out of 5 people on the other team were hackers and the other 3 were trying to derank. WTF.
oh and here is the icing on top. those two hackers were on each other's friends list.
Fucking Valve, ruining this stupid game with your shitty detection system.

udiie

Decided to jump into one comp game before bed and behold we lost on Overpass. We got crushed 14-1 even though we started CT side.

I was soloing. My team was calling wallhack the entire games. Afterward I went back and look at the tape. It was clear as days that they were wallhacking, even aimbotting at one point.
2 out of 5 people on the other team were hackers and the other 3 were trying to derank. WTF.
oh and here is the icing on top. those two hackers were on each other's friends list.
Fucking Valve, ruining this stupid game with your shitty detection system.

:( shoulda paired up with me
just soloed a great game on dust2, super competitive, very friendly players

Rivitur

Banned
Still waiting for a new computer... So I'm stuck dropping 30 bombs on dust 2 on 360 lol (ranked 3 on the leaderboard but on arms race : ( and 300's on comp. Mode)

Shadownet

Banned
So should I get an answer that I'm in the raffle or how do these things work.
Once you entered. You're in. Unless the person who is doing the raffle put you on his blacklist.

Either way there is no confirmation from Modbot saying that you are in or not. You just have to assumed you're in. (If youre not blocked)

Now all you can do is wait and see if you get a PM from Modbot. If you do. That mean you won. Chinzo should also get a PM from modbot saying who win after the raffle is over as well.

Source: being a member of SteamGAF. We use Modbot quite often.

CoolS

Yeah I don't have any hopes for new epsilon. Titan and LDLC look goid and once they hit their stride both will be really great teams.

Mokoi

Banned
Thanks for the chance cHinzo!

Also sucks you got a bad solo que shadow. I've only had about two of those so far, but most of my games I'm grouped with some good people.

ChrisW

Read the post :) The instructions are there. You need to PM Modbot with the whole line including the name and code.

There's a gif link on the post too with visual instructions.

Reading is essential!

Also where is cHinzo and Sabot? We need some betting advices Lol

Thanks for the tips, wasn't sure which part of the message to quote in the PM, sorted it now.

Thank you very much for doing these giveaways it's very generous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom