• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

soultron

Banned
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| DDOS World Party
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Solo Queue Swingers
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| DDOCSGO
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling With Light Competitive FPS Elements
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| cHinzo's Opening A Hotel In Vegas

Omega

Banned
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| Gambling With Light Competitive FPS Elements
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT2| cHinzo's Opening A Hotel In Vegas

these two

slight modification needs to be made to the first though

Gambling with heavy DDOS elements & light FPS elements

We should start betting on whether or not matches will be ddos'ed.

betting has to involve some sort of risk though

ViviOggi

Why are these teams allowed to cycle through several standins no questions asked? It's fine in sports where teams have set rosters for switching purposes but we can't afford that in esports (yet). The way it's being handled in CS right now you might just as well fake a ddos to sneak in a much stronger player, and that's ignoring the utterly terrible viewer experience.

Unless rules force players to protect themselves I don't see this shit show ending anytime soon.

CoolS

Why are these teams allowed to cycle through several standins no questions asked? It's fine in sports where teams have set rosters for switching purposes but we can't afford that in esports (yet). The way it's being handled in CS right now you might just as well fake a ddos to sneak in a much stronger player, and that's ignoring the utterly terrible viewer experience.

Unless rules force players to protect themselves I don't see this shit show ending anytime soon.

Standins used to be the exception and would rarely happen.

And faking a ddos normally wouldn't make sense for these teams because they are used to playing together with tactics and eevrything so using a standin normally isn't really a good alternative.

ViviOggi

Standins used to be the exception and would rarely happen.
So did ddos
And faking a ddos normally wouldn't make sense for these teams because they are used to playing together with tactics and eevrything so using a standin normally isn't really a good alternative.
Sure it wouldn't be the norm, what I'm saying is these matches are compromised to hell and back and apparently players would rather go through multiple standins per round than protect their asses. Tournament rules need to incorporate the reality of ddos if the organizers want to deliver a compelling product.

How much did you bet?
3 keys, a lot by my standards
sad.gif

RS4-

Wow, for fucks sake. Match is 10-10, three of my team leave after killing each other. Then I get kicked by the opposing team.

GG, needed 1 round win on Nuke. Fucking dumb.

Lourio

Wow, for fucks sake. Match is 10-10, three of my team leave after killing each other. Then I get kicked by the opposing team.

GG, needed 1 round win on Nuke. Fucking dumb.

Played a match last night where off the bat we were down a man. Why accept a match if you can't play. Fed up of solo-queuing.

Omega

Banned
If this is on the players just not protecting themselves, then after three pauses it should be a forfeit.

If this is on Valve
because I think someone mentioned that you can't even properly mask servers in CS
then we're fucked. about the only thing that would fix that is CSGOLounge shutting down.

K.Sabot

If this is on the players just not protecting themselves, then after three pauses it should be a forfeit.

If this is on Valve
because I think someone mentioned that you can't even properly mask servers in CS
then we're fucked. about the only thing that would fix that is CSGOLounge shutting down.

And don't forget E-gaming bets.

ViviOggi

If this is on Valve

Individual players getting ddosed is generally on them (well, and the shitheads with their scripts obviously), the server thing only applies to the entire server being attacked, which happens rarely.

Odah

Banned
I think skins will be returned after that match.

How often did Property got ddsosd? 10 times? 12 times?

Now its a 4v5 because of ddos. HR going to win, Chat is going to cry and scream for blood.

edit: 4vs3 now lmao

CoolS

I think skins will be returned after that match.

How often did Property got ddsosd? 10 times? 12 times?

Now its a 4v5 because of ddos. HR going to win, Chat is going to cry and scream for blood.

Na as long as the game isn't cancelled or one team forfeits, bets normally stay on.

People cry all the time anyway.

And there they end it. So skins should be returned.

Omega

Banned
what just happened? i turned on the stream and saw console saying something about standins being 60% of the team.

they made property forfeit?

CoolS

what just happened? i turned on the stream and saw console saying something about standins being 60% of the team.

they made property forfeit?

Looks like it. DDoSers won again. But I'm glad they put their foot down. It really has been a farce. Now watch HR taking a brief lead on the first map for the next DDoS.

ViviOggi

Yeah I am with you. I bet on HR and am pretty worried.

- Edit: Was in a meeting, so guess it's over?

Yeah, after Property went through like four standins and a dozen pauses Sommler/RoomOnFire admins weren't having any more of this shit and gave the win to HR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom