• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivitur

Banned
Oh I forget to mention that everyone on there complains about lack of skins lol.

Also trying this new avatar out any feedback would be nice.

impact

Banned
The game has a community I'll be it small but its there (we had one tournament where the guys who set it up (Brazilians won) Valve no longer keeps its servers up for any of its games (on 360 only ps3 csgo still has servers. Lol EU never got csgo) so each match is local hosted. The aiming actually requires skill like more skill than PC. Why? Because valve thought it was a cool I dead to have a very very small touch of auto aim that isn't noticeable unless you spin the joystick around at blazing speeds and it sometimes slows down on an enemy. They also thought it was a good idea to have aim acceleration that can't be turned off.

And no everyone uses m4 and ak with the occasional 5 awp set up on dust 2.

No one uses the Aug.

Thus ends my rant now off to keep my top 3 rank on the leaderboards.

Is there footage of high level console play? I'd like to see if people can actually hit impressive shots with a controller. I got it on PS3 and literally quit after 15 minutes because it was horrendous.

Omega

Banned
Anyone else here have a dual monitor setup? I switched to an HDMI cable for reasons that are unimportant.

Instead of displaying at 1920x1080 like it says, it's at a lower, much uglier resolution that has black bars.

CS:GO Update
GAMEPLAY
Tec-9: Further improved accuracy and additionally reduced recoil.

MAPS
Overpass
Fixed a bug where it was possible to defuse a bomb in A site from B balcony
Added collision to top of pillars in Park
Added a boiler to room next to A pit (now known as Boiler)

MATCHMAKING
Matchmaking sessions system has been significantly improved.
Matchmaking backend load can now be amortized better across different game modes.
Connectivity to game servers can be fully recovered after CS:GO backend updates.
Games in progress remain joinable after game servers or some players lost and regained their connection to Steam servers.
Searching for all official game modes will show the same user interface that displays the number of players searching.
When a game update is released, clients who are searching for a match will be notified to update their client.
Official competitive matches will abort if any player has abandoned prior to the end of warmup.

LINUX CLIENT
Made it possible to connect to community servers
Made it possible to download custom content from servers
Fixed a variety of bugs when using non-English locales
Added icon in the store page
Improved client stability

MAC CLIENT
Fixed a bug causing a line in the shadows to follow the player around

MISC
Fixed a case where the wrong Operation name was displayed.

UI
Reworked main menu item bar
Now supports ability to offer individual items, including a set of new community stickers
Added "Explore a Case" market link, which filters for the case and all contents
Added a link that filters for keys.
Added ability to preview community stickers that are offered

Also

New stickers have been added to the the game.
These new community stickers appear to come from a new "coupon" system that has not been explained yet, and not from a new sticker capsule.

udiie

t125f.png

I NEED THIS

Omega

Banned
Finally went positive on my main account in I don't know how long, and better yet we won.

thank you new settings and new mouse.

ironmang

Do people still use stickers? I find them completely awful and make your guns look like shit

I have a couple team stickers on random guns that I got back from the lounge. The katowice ones look pretty nice as long as it's just 1 sticker at a time. Stickers on pistols look awful though.

ChrisW

Has anyone made any collections of stickers? So ones that go together on the gun, for example, one that could be placed on the grip handle and then another that would go above it that somehow relates to the one below.

Confusing to explain I guess

Odah

Banned
Has anyone made any collections of stickers? So ones that go together on the gun, for example, one that could be placed on the grip handle and then another that would go above it that somehow relates to the one below.

Confusing to explain I guess

I once had the BISH BASH BOSH stickers

lost them all in bets

Divius

Speaking of stickers, I keep getting them as winnings from betting.

4oqYMbr.png

Luckily I can yolobet those away without feeling anxious because I don't care about losing stickers.

Odah

Banned
okay today's matches:

VP vs. NiP
Epsilon vs. HR
HR vs. LDLC
Fnatic vs. LDLC
HR vs. Epsilon

please don't follow my advice, these are just tales from my stomach feelers

Personally I'd hold on any other NiP/HR/LDLC games and take a look on their first games for today to see who plays well, who plays bad and who just outstanding sucks.

Lourio

Got this email from Steam..

Dear Steam User,

Steam will soon be priced in Canadian Dollar!

If your Steam wallet has any money in it on October 7th, 2014 (Pacific Time), your U.S. Dollar balance will be converted to the Canadian Dollar, at a conversion rate dictated by market value at the time of conversion.

And new skins... who cares? Give us 128 tick servers and as discussed earlier, a comp mode where ranks don't get affected.

ironmang

Was just in a game with 3 teammates who were all 250+ ping with very broken English and 1 guy who was extremely racist. We go down like 3-9 CT side inferno, kick the racist, then proceed to win 16-10 lol. Crazy times in MM.

First match with my QcK Heavy too. Haven't had a new mousepad in about 11 years so it was nice making a change. Can't wait for my new mechanical keyboard (first one of those too) to get here.

Rivitur

Banned
Nip>VP

Season is close quarters map. Meaning the spray master friberg will have a big game.

Only thing that worries me is VP has played more games of season than nip has recently.

Omega

Banned
I'm never gonna win or lose 4 in a row.

Next time I have 3 wrong bets I'm buying like 4 vulcan's and putting it on a team. instant win

impact

Banned
You got to wonder how Fiff keeps his spot on the team. Even when the team is playing well, the dude stays bottom fragger. I wish I could suck that bad at my job and still keep getting paid lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom