• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odah

Banned
I love HR

they put me in sweat two times today, but they didn't want to hurt my feelers so they just played allittle with em. But now they are showing me that they all praise the feelers!

HR <3

CoolS

I love HR

they put me in sweat two times today, but they didn't want to hurt my feelers so they just played allittle with em. But now they are showing me that they all praise the feelers!

HR <3
Don't jinx it dammit!

But they played SO many rounds of CS on that level today. Have to admire them that they can still be that on point.

Edit: will end up 3/6 today. But one was 15 cent on nosir and the other a small one on HR against LDLC so I'm pretty happy overall.

Odah

Banned
5 out of fucking 5

ladies and gentlemen, today was a good day for betting :p

the funny thing is that on all of these matches I only had a RV of 3-5$

Imagine all the money I could have won today :(

anyways, Nostradoge out

Dumb question: do any of the CS games on PC have a single player component?

If so, any good?

And if I wanna play CS, is GO the version to get? I only played a teeny bit of CS back in the day, it's been years.

CoolS

Dumb question: do any of the CS games on PC have a single player component?

If so, any good?

And if I wanna play CS, is GO the version to get? I only played a teeny bit of CS back in the day, it's been years.

Condition Zero had 'SP' but it wasnt very good. CS only is fun against humans.

And yes, GO is the version to get. Weekly updates, constantly growing and overall very fun. Don't get into betting though.

SCR

Neo Member
5 out of fucking 5

ladies and gentlemen, today was a good day for betting :p

the funny thing is that on all of these matches I only had a RV of 3-5$

Imagine all the money I could have won today :(

anyways, Nostradoge out

i only saw your first match and went with that

then went 2/4 :( At least the 3 i won was big stuff. 10$ RV :D

Stomach feelers > facts

Odah

Banned
i only saw your first match and went with that

then went 2/4 :( At least the 3 i won was big stuff. 10$ RV :D

Stomach feelers > facts

lol and i got only like 11-13€ in total haha

damn I even had feelers about betting on Titan ;_;

i could have made big money today...but im a chicken

Tc91

Anyone having performance issues?

Just played a game with a few friends after not playing for like 1-2 months and my fps has gone to shit, used to be 250-350 and that game it was barely 100 dropping to 15-20 when looking at a smoke.

Did they release a update or something that has known issues?

Edit: Looking on the cs go Reddit a few people have posted with fps issues, I guess it is patch related. Will have to wait for a fix I guess.

Omega

Banned
I don't know what's worse, if betting or opening cases :p

opening cases

waste of money unless you're a streamer/youtuber that gets them donated. even then it just becomes a waste of time because you rarely ever get anything.

Goddard

What is the magical config I keep hearing people talk about in the ranked community? I hear people constantly say that even if you have a 60hz monitor it is optimal to try and run the game at 120fps, 4:3, among some other things. I googled it but I didn't see anything consistent, what does CS:GAF use?

What is the magical config I keep hearing people talk about in the ranked community? I hear people constantly say that even if you have a 60hz monitor it is optimal to try and run the game at 120fps, 4:3, among some other things. I googled it but I didn't see anything consistent, what does CS:GAF use?

I lock it at 120 and widescreen. Only setting i put on very low is the shader cause it gets rid of a lot of environmental effects(Aztec's rain etc). Regarding 4:3 resolution I've read the only reason so many pro players use it is because they have been playing in that aspect ration for a very long time.

Goddard

I lock it at 120 and widescreen. Only setting i put on very low is the shader cause it gets rid of a lot of environmental effects(Aztec's rain etc). Regarding 4:3 resolution I've read the only reason so many pro players use it is because they have been playing in that aspect ration for a very long time.

I figured the aspect ratio thing might be just because people are used to that, I found it kind of amusing that in the video settings menu the separate aspect ratios are called "Normal" and "Widescreen" when widescreen is obviously much more normal in today's day and age. Does locking it to 120 actually change anything on a 60hz monitor? I hate screen tearing, but if it actually makes a big difference I'll deal with it. I'm on old hardware too (core 2 e8400 and nvidia 9600GT) so I'm going to have to do some optimizing regardless of whether or not it is worth it to start tweaking configs.

but if pros use 4:3 and I use 4:3 that means I'll be pro

A=B, B=C, C=A

tumblr_mtgk0wXJj31ri4rb3o1_500.gif

I figured the aspect ratio thing might be just because people are used to that, I found it kind of amusing that in the video settings menu the separate aspect ratios are called "Normal" and "Widescreen" when widescreen is obviously much more normal in today's day and age. Does locking it to 120 actually change anything on a 60hz monitor? I hate screen tearing, but if it actually makes a big difference I'll deal with it. I'm on old hardware too (core 2 e8400 and nvidia 9600GT) so I'm going to have to do some optimizing regardless of whether or not it is worth it to start tweaking configs.

If A=B and C=B then B must also = A!

tumblr_mtgk0wXJj31ri4rb3o1_500.gif

Probably not. I dunno. I just keep it there cause it drives me crazy to see it going into the 300's and dropping into 100's.

impact

Banned

4:3 stretched gives you an advantage for pixel peeking but also gives you a smaller view

honestly have no idea why people use 4:3 black bars in this day and age. adjust your eyes.

Goddard

So is there anything I should tweak besides the in game settings? I'm running 60fps vsynced which is apparently controversial.

Omega

Banned
Seangeres or however you spell his name is still so bad.

if C9 would replace seangares with any other AWPer in NA they would probably never lose a game here.

Unfortunately they're NiP West where they refuse to drop a player to improve their roster because reasons

Shadownet

Banned
if C9 would replace seangares with any other AWPer in NA they would probably never lose a game here.

Unfortunately they're NiP West where they refuse to drop a player to improve their roster because reasons

Cloud 9 should fly S1mple over to the US, teach him English and bam. They're unbeatable.

Sean Gares vs Fifflaren who wins?

I think Fiff would win. At least Fiff does clutch every now and then. Seangares is more or less deadweight most of the time.

KingKong

teams arent as easy as getting all the best players, chemistry and how they work together is just as important. Theres a reason Verygames/Titan was doing so well, dropped off and is now back up despite currently having arguably a less skilled team

Shadownet

Banned
Seangares has 7 kills... The bottom two fraggers on IBP has more kills. Heck even the NCG stand-in has more kills.

Edit: DDOS! I'm a bit surprise it didn't come out earlier.

Omega

Banned
teams arent as easy as getting all the best players, chemistry and how they work together is just as important. Theres a reason Verygames/Titan was doing so well, dropped off and is now back up despite currently having arguably a less skilled team

I know it's not about getting all the best players but they play every match 4v5 essentially. Dude is almost literally a bot out there. Worse actually since semphis or hiko can't control him when they die

also, Fifflaren would win. I've seen him go + once in his CS GO career.

Shadownet

Banned
I love how when we actually play with/against people with real accounts, no smurfs, no hackers. We actually do pretty well. Animl, Seven, Udiie, Me and a guy name iHvck won a close on on Inferno. 16-14

udiie

I love how when we actually play with/against people with real accounts, no smurfs, no hackers. We actually do pretty well. Animl, Seven, Udiie, Me and a guy name iHvck won a close on on Inferno. 16-14

that was a really close game lol. good game guys

Odah

Banned
I'm gonna go all in on LDLC today

They haven't upset me yet so if they do today atleast I learned something from it.

And should I lose I will sell the rest of my inventory and start from new, so I don't lose the rest while still being able to bet.

5ad162feb7.png

NiP is in a slumb currently, they lost a ton of matches recently BUT they won against VP on one of VP's best maps BUT VP could be also called Team Inconsistent so yeah..

LDLC proof me that you can be my favourite team :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom