• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patch Notes

Release Notes for 10/2/2014
[ OPERATION BREAKOUT ]
Operation Breakout ended and all missions are now expired.

[ MATCHMAKING ]
Players on the same LAN as a community game server can now connect to it directly using LAN-internal IP addresses.
Fixed client connectivity issues to community GOTV relay chains.
Community servers will now reload the map and game rules when the first player joins after server hibernation.
Fixed incorrect networking of some values including StatTrak counters from Linux dedicated servers.
Friends who are trying to join a game invite to an official non-competitive game that is full will receive the corresponding message in main menu.
Fixed CS:GO match sharing links to work even if the game is already running when they are clicked.
Friends playing on competitive community servers will now correctly show community status on the in-game friends list.
Fixed rich presence and join status for friends who are watching Overwatch evidence or demo replays.
Restored functionality of several menu items in the pause menu.

[ UI ]
The "COUNTRY" section in the Buy Menu now shows flag images.
Renamed MOVEMENT to MOBILITY in the Buy Menu.
Added the raw movement value to the MOBILITY section in the Buy Menu.

[ GAMEPLAY ]
Tagging (movement slowdown when hit) has changed.
Tagging is now slightly cumulative. Damaging someone in quick succession will apply slightly more tagging and slow them down more (to a point).
Your currently held weapon now determines how much you are tagged when getting hit. How much you are tagged depends on the weapon's "Mobility" value. The higher the Mobility value, the less you will get tagged when hit.
Unified tagging values when shooting people in different parts of the body.
Players now get tagged slightly (based on the weapon they're holding) when they take HE blast damage.
All weapons have updated tagging values.
All SMGs now have ~20% more armor penetration.
Some movement affecting server values have changed (sv_stopspeed increased to 80, sv_accelerate decreased to 5.5, sv_friction increased to 5.2).
Fixed players getting stopped by teammate's "in flight" grenades.
Players who are hit by grenades "in flight" that were thrown by the other team now take a small amount of impact damage.
Slightly increased size and contrast of most impact decals to increase impact readability.
Impact and blood particle effects have changed slightly to improve impact readability.

[ SDK ]
Custom maps can now spawn HE grenade projectiles using class hegrenade_projectile.
Hammer bug fixes and improvements
-- Fixed a bug where the Model Browser would become unresponsive
-- Removed shortcut key for Radius Culling
-- Extended functionality of Instancing - Collapse. Now allows to collapse recursively or not.
-- Hammer now saves status of Instancing - View Instances
-- Face Edit Sheet:
--- Added buttons to randomize X and Y texture shift
--- Texture scale now supports 3 decimals
--- Texture shift now rolls over from 1024 to -1024
--- Buttons to increase/decrease Texture Scale now increments with .005
demoinfogo has been updated. It now parses and dumps out string tables, data/send tables, and PacketEntities.

I re-ranked after being inactive. Gold Nova 4 :(

I was all set up to get 4 kills against T's on dust2, but I guess I was firing too much and my Five-Seven stopped doing damage after 2 kills, so we tied. The worst.

Shadownet

Banned
I re-ranked after being inactive. Gold Nova 4 :(

I was all set up to get 4 kills against T's on dust2, but I guess I was firing too much and my Five-Seven stopped doing damage after 2 kills, so we tied. The worst.

You're sad that you're a Nova 4? I can only dream of..

Also man, I can't wait to test out the MP7 and Bizon now. P90 might be even more OP now.

impact

Banned
What are the changes? I think I feel it but I can't tell what it is.

slower accel so you can't really adadad anymore at all, if you're getting shot while moving you will slow down

movement seems a bit slower in general. maybe now the game will be less random and yoloswag420

Shadownet

Banned
slower accel so you can't really adadad anymore at all, if you're getting shot while moving you will slow down

movement seems a bit slower in general. maybe now the game will be less random and yoloswag420

If movement is slower. This might be even easier for those awpers... uh-oh..

I never got a hand of adadad... I'm terrible at this game.

MayMay

Banned
If movement is slower. This might be even easier for those awpers... uh-oh..

I never got a hand of adadad... I'm terrible at this game.

Lots of ppl on Reddit say that those changes are very positive, and I guess they did that due to pro-feedback in the first place so I wouldnt be too worried about it.
Also, they did not change the overall movement speed. Just the acceleration speed - and the time it takes you to stop moving. Not sure what the sv_friction thing does though.

MayMay

Banned
Oh... my god. http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2014/10/10302/ Blog post.

Let me give you this quote. This fucking quote.

There were clear favorites with Insertion leading the pack in daily Competitive playtime, taking in over 21% of Competitive Operation map playtime (with Overgrown and BlackGold in second and third).

WHAT THE !?

Insertion.. a clear favourite... Man, there are more CoD kiddies playing this game than I assumed. Guess it comes with the popularity. How can someone like this map? This map was so shit, it had a bug that'd break the whole server. And then.. lol.. Black Gold as #3.

Overdoziz

Banned
Oh... my god. http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2014/10/10302/ Blog post.

WHAT THE !?

Insertion.. a clear favourite... Man, there are more CoD kiddies playing this game than I assumed. Guess it comes with the popularity. How can someone like this map? This map was so shit, it had a bug that'd break the whole server. And then.. lol.. Black Gold as #3.
Insertion? ugh
I feel like Black Gold could become pretty decent if they at least made the map cleaner by getting rid of 90% of the pipes, railing and grates.

impact

Banned
Lots of ppl on Reddit say that those changes are very positive, and I guess they did that due to pro-feedback in the first place so I wouldnt be too worried about it.
Also, they did not change the overall movement speed. Just the acceleration speed - and the time it takes you to stop moving. Not sure what the sv_friction thing does though.
I believe the friction command just makes the floor less "slippery". Before if you adad you were kinda ice skating around the corner. It's changed now I think

WHAT THE !?

It's not like any of them were any good. Insertion probably just had the most amount of missions for it. Pretty much the whole operation was CoD maps.

Omega

Banned
Insertion was stupid, but if I had to I'd rather play that one than any of the other ones. At least with that one it was kind of fun just pushing up into the woods behind the CT and coming up from behind.

Whoever made Mist is a fucking idiot, and whoever put it in the operation needs to lay in fire for 48 hours.

I've hated most operation maps aside but that one is just beyond awful. Everyone who had to play through that shitty ass map should have gotten the highest tier possible for whatever collection they had. In fact, they should have gotten two. So if someone had Cobblestone collection, give them two dragon lores. that map was that bad, and I hated my life for having to play that map more than once.

Mist and Black Gold were the best two breakout maps. Anyone who says otherwise just hasn't accepted the Swag-7 as their lord and savior.

Omega

Banned
i never even played black gold so i can't comment on that

as for that other abomination.

hpVo9qz.gif

MayMay

Banned
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Overgrown was the only good map out of them.

I agree, Overgrown was the closest to the usual CS map design and I think it worked really well. It wasnt perfect, but it was definitely the best competitive map in the operation.

Odah

Banned
I'm sorry for my prediction from yesterday but when I woke up today my feelers told me to switch my bet to VP ;_;

I appologize that I couldn't write it sooner but I was in school >_>

stil an intense game though, OT now o.o

cHinzo

which team did you bet on?

I hope you didn't follow my advice from yesterday >_>

I'm so broke atm. :d Trying to sell some stuff to get a big item and start over again. Until then I just enjoy watching the games. The Na'Vi vs VP game is close as fck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom