• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolS

That spark was not from me. That was from his shot. I didn't even knew he was there lol. I remember that when I got shot, I was like wtf?

That shot through the doors is definitely fishy. It could be the 16 Tick demo but it shure looks like the moment he shot his aim suddenly went onto you.

I don't know about the repeak. It certainly looks like he has to move his crosshair away from your silhouette, but that could just be a coinsidence. Have there been more suspicious things like that during the match?

Divius

n13oEoj.png

this is gonna be so stacked by the time it starts I dunno why I'm even betting
The safest bet since Unnamed vs dAT!

CoolS

So dignitas vs. NiP tomorrow and LDLC vs. mouz in two days.

I'm probably not touching dignitas and NiP. The last two times I got burned hard by dignitas, and NiP is due for a day where they actually get thei shit together after being pretty shit for quite some time now. Too risky.

My upset senses are tingling for onlinesports though. While LDLC has been looking on point for the most part recently, with mouz online anything can happen. I'll probably thrwo 1 or 2 bucks on them and see if they can make something happen. I really enjoy their playstyle when they can get it going.

A couple of highlights from tonight madness:

Love the second one. Did you hear him peeking you or was interrupting that defuse to kill him pure game sense?

Haroon

That shot through the doors is definitely fishy. It could be the 16 Tick demo but it shure looks like the moment he shot his aim suddenly went onto you.

I don't know about the repeak. It certainly looks like he has to move his crosshair away from your silhouette, but that could just be a coinsidence. Have there been more suspicious things like that during the match?

Yeah, there are many others that were suspicious as well. I suppose you can never really prove that a person definitely cheated, but you look at how the person moves around the map, and look at his crosshair placement, and it's easy to tell that the person should be able to do the things he or she is doing because it takes A LOT of practice to do make those shots. If you're curious, here's the match link:

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-Kphpi-O7pjk-UoAq4-cRYmZ-7PVPA

Haroon

Love the second one. Did you hear him peeking you or was interrupting that defuse to kill him pure game sense?

I think I heard him. I was going to go for the straight defuse, but I figured that he's going to have to peak me eventually because a lot of people fake defuse. So, I was kind of ready for him.

Thanks for the games tonight! The tips and strats helped!

I need to work my aim a bit more since I was not playing well at all.

Haha, that's awesome man. Thank you for the laugh. Also, in the Inferno scrim, the guy that dropped a thirty on us was aimbotting (set to chest/crouch area), and wallhacking. I have proof! The other guy on Cache might have been cheating as well, but it was difficult to tell. But the shots that he made at times were very suspicious.

Some nice plays man! Also, Shadow's reaction in the 2nd one after u got ur 4th kill. :"D

Thanks man!

cHinzo

A couple of highlights from tonight madness:

Some nice plays man! Also, Shadow's reaction in the 2nd one after u got ur 4th kill. :"D

So dignitas vs. NiP tomorrow and LDLC vs. mouz in two days.

I'm probably not touching dignitas and NiP. The last two times I got burned hard by dignitas, and NiP is due for a day where they actually get thei shit together after being pretty shit for quite some time now. Too risky.

My upset senses are tingling for onlinesports though. While LDLC has been looking on point for the most part recently, with mouz online anything can happen. I'll probably thrwo 1 or 2 bucks on them and see if they can make something happen. I really enjoy their playstyle when they can get it going.

Dig and LDLC, easy!

Arucardo

CS:GO needs to bring custom sprays back. Or they could monetize it like stickers, but that would be kinda boring.

Shouldn't be that hard to curate the more offensive sprays either.

Odah

Banned
CS:GO needs to bring custom sprays back. Or they could monetize it like stickers, but that would be kinda boring.

Shouldn't be that hard to curate the more offensive sprays either.

they probably just place a boiler on any random map instead.

soultron

Banned
As much as I enjoyed sprays in 1.6, I don't trust the community now. There are enough reasons to block and report people as is.

As far as personal expression goes, we already have Steam avatars and skins. The latter of which is paid, I know.

This is just my opinion. I know lots of people want them to return.

Robot Pants

As much as I enjoyed sprays in 1.6, I don't trust the community now. There are enough reasons to block and report people as is.

As far as personal expression goes, we already have Steam avatars and skins. The latter of which is paid, I know.

I agree. We have stickers and skins. Don't need sprays. Just an easier way for people to troll

Arucardo

You could put a system in place where the community votes on whether a spray is acceptable or not, maybe something similar to overwatch.

Just take away the ability to use them from repeat offenders.

Also, for those who don't like the idea, you could just have a toggle in the options to disable them.

soultron

Banned
I think it's a hard sell to valve, internally, unless it can be monetised. And if it's monetised, you (most likely) won't have an option to turn it off.

Arucardo

I think it's a hard sell to valve, internally, unless it can be monetised. And if it's monetised, you (most likely) won't have an option to turn it off.

I think TF2 still has them actually, but I'm not 100% sure since it's been a very long time since I last played it.

CoolS

Great matches with Xizk (was anyone else there from GAF as well?)

Cobble was really fun actually, though T side seems incredibly hard without knowing any smokes or strategies.

They do.

What's with the lack of games today? Only ESC v Fnatic?

Well, faceit will have the LAN next week and Fragbite is slowling working towards their playoffs and LAN as well. Then there will be the Caseking tournament in the beginning of Nov. And other than that I'm not sure what's on the horizon before DH Winter.

ChrisW

Is "Rush B" still a common thing in higher ranks on Dust 2? I'm sick of playing first round as a T and some guy going "Rush B, guys, rush B"

I usually try to tell them not to bother since it's one of the most common T plays in the first round, so they will likely be stacking B waiting for us.

Ludono

Tried a FACEIT match since MM is terrible for me since I'm over in Asia and keep getting matched with people that don't speak English or really passive aggressive Indians. It would be nice to play with some of you guys though :)

MayMay

Banned
So, this happened to me a few days ago. Was quite nice, Ace with my AWP. Yea, it's not too fancy for all you eagles and globals out there but I dont care :p
I've got a question though..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI14vmhLuyQ

So, why didnt I hit the first guy? It doesnt even look like I lit him up - my shot just didnt connect. I wasnt moving, aim was dead on - I even looked in his eyes for a bit before shooting. Any idea what happened there?

CoolS

So, this happened to me a few days ago. Was quite nice, Ace with my AWP. Yea, it's not too fancy for all you eagles and globals out there but I dont care :p

So, why didnt I hit the first guy? It doesnt even look like I lit him up - my shot just didnt connect. I wasnt moving, aim was dead on - I even looked in his eyes for a bit before shooting. Any idea what happened there?
Either it's the usual "bad hit reg" thing, or otherwise it looks like you did start moving at the exact same moment you fired your shot. But sometimes this just happens. Which rank are you playing on?

MayMay

Banned
Either it's the usual "bad hit reg" thing, or otherwise it looks like you did start moving at the exact same moment you fired your shot. But sometimes this just happens. Which rank are you playing on?

I'm fluctuating between Nova 3/4 and Nova 1 atm. Nova 3/4 on good days and sometimes down to Nova 1 during bad days.

Yeah.. you might be right. Maybe I started moving a tiny tiny bit too early.. thats probably it.

Omega

Banned
didn't get a chance to say it last night but thanks for the games guys. that first match just completely threw me off my game mentally. would have loved to stick around for more but i just wasn't feelin it

Haroon

dat 64 tickrate is the cause of that shot. There are many times back in 1.6 in which this would occur as well. People make videos of it, and it was pretty funny.

impact

Banned

CS:GO

Looked dead on him to me, but that's why I don't AWP in this game. I hit the dumbest shots and then constantly miss ones like that.

ChrisW

OMG some guy just donated 5k to "TimtheTatman" on stream, he's freaking out. It's a sub who has been watching for ages, but it's super dodgy!

impact

Banned
got me a nice water elemental and some sweet ass dualies demolition along with the usual 5+ bullshit no value skins. win me some more fnatic (all in against CPH)

CoolS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drtk_y-MS_Y
Can't agree more. I think I am going to quit before I get in too deep with the betting problem associated with CSGO.

Too bad these two are so closely connected. I don't mind betting, but WarOwl makes some valid points. Everybody is responsible for their own gambling addiction but if it leads togames being thrown or people abusing betting it can't be good for esports as a growing scene. The Virtus Pro LDLC scandal he mentions has been largely forgotten but really was a BS move of the players.

On the other hand we are where we are now party because betting got many people invested in this game. I don't think betting will go away, so I have no idea where all this will lead to.

And another few great matches with ChrisW (aka the unkillable Mr. Potato) and Xizk just now. It's good to have a dedicated AWPer on my team for once. And fighting for who drops the 30 bomb is always fun :D

impact

Banned
Really has come a very long way. valve has done magic with the support on this game. Is was pretty much DoA on release.

Too bad this is what happens every night I play

I played these guys 2 matches in a row so I was pretty damn heated. They're allowed to continue playing and ruining all the fun for normal people who just want to have fun. It's ok because they keep buying the game every so often, thus giving Valve more $$$$$$

Haines

Banned
Is there a good match that you guys could recommend that was played under the latest patch?

Something I could chill and watch on an iPad and see what the changes look like visually with good players. Again. Haven't played since the new wallbanging was being implemented so I think this sounds like a good idea to me.

impact

Banned
Is there a good match that you guys could recommend that was played under the latest patch?

Something I could chill and watch on an iPad and see what the changes look like visually with good players. Again. Haven't played since the new wallbanging was being implemented so I think this sounds like a good idea to me.

iBP vs. Cloud9 on de_cache

ChrisW

Some good games tonight with some GAF members, fully carrying me on second map, but I did ok on dust against silver elite and nova's I think. Didn't rank up though :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom