• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
And another few great matches with ChrisW (aka the unkillable Mr. Potato) and Xizk just now. It's good to have a dedicated AWPer on my team for once. And fighting for who drops the 30 bomb is always fun :D

Me too, Mark/Owl in game.Good learning experience on overpass..

Too bad this is what happens every night I play

I played these guys 2 matches in a row so I was pretty damn heated. They're allowed to continue playing and ruining all the fun for normal people who just want to have fun. It's ok because they keep buying the game every so often, thus giving Valve more $$$$$$

I don't know how they will combat cheaters to be honest. Every fps I've played on PC has had this issue. It just more problematic in CSGO because of competitive matchmaking.

CoolS

Me too, Mark/Owl in game.Good learning experience on overpass..

Ah, good to know. Yeah, Overpass is a good map, I just hope they add some stuff back in to give the Ts a bit more of an advantage. If you don't know any smokes, taking B can be really hard.

Some good games tonight with some GAF members, fully carrying me on second map, but I did ok on dust against silver elite and nova's I think. Didn't rank up though :

You were fine on dust2 indeed. Overpass probably was a lot harder since it isn't played nearly as often. You are definitely not Silver 2 anyway.

I really love the UMP since the update. Never really used it before, if anything I went for the Bizon. But the UMP just rips through people on anti-ecos and even isn't that bad against armor anymore. Treated myself to something nice and got this one just now:

5D2EAEBD0967D666AE822138930ADD8BD8B78A40

Clydefrog

I have always loved the UMP; the recent SMG buff just made me love it so much more. I look back months ago and wonder why I kept on buying P90s...

Haines

Banned
That's something that slightly pushed me to jump from go on PC to console games as well. Cheaters. Every pc game has them and its a big annoyance.

Thanks for the match reccomendation. I'm excited to see where the pro scene is at.

ChrisW

You were fine on dust2 indeed. Overpass probably was a lot harder since it isn't played nearly as often. You are definitely not Silver 2 anyway.
:

Thanks,
I think it's likely getting stuck with lower people who just run around at random, I was actually surprised at myself. Shows how important good players and a team that talk are in CS

chessnut

fnatic on CT side cbble, if they lose this it's 99% a throw

I've been playing cobble with my friends lately and honestly, it's not as CT sided as it used to be. We consistently get 6-7 rounds on T side compared to Nuke where 5 is considered good and 4 is salvageable. The problem with Cobble is that it takes a long time to go from one site to the other and if you have a slow play style, it will punish you for it.

Haines

Banned
Watched the ibp vs c9 cache match to get myself back into cs and it was very enjoyable. Lots of high level plays and ns's.

Interesting seeing players on yet another team. Seems ever revolving in cs.

I remember valve was trying to make their new overpass cs worthy with lots of changes over time. Did they accomplish that yet?

What are your guys fav maps right now. to play? Let's see at least a top 5

Watched the ibp vs c9 cache match to get myself back into cs and it was very enjoyable. Lots of high level plays and ns's.

I remember valve was trying to make their new overpass cs worthy with lots of changes over time. Did they accomplish that yet?

Overpass has been getting a lot of playtime lately, it's really CT sided right now though.

1. Inferno
2. Dust 2
3. Mirage
4. Cache
5. Train

chessnut

1. Mirage
2. Cobble
3. Inferno
4. Overpass
5. Cache

Overpass is CT-sided. Getting rid of the hut helped, but I think they needa make some more changes. If terrorists make a play at A, it's really easy for CT's to wrap around them.

Xizk

1. Cache
2. Dust2
3. Mirage
4. Overpass
5. Inferno

Overpass has potential but they need to make it less CT sided. There are too few entrances to the bombsites so they create chokepoints that are easily defended. The CT rotations are quíck too.

danielcw

not exactly the top of tunnels but close. Why would you ever be aiming there?

Well, I think he wasn't aiming there.
He pointed his camera in the general direction, but he didn't try to aim at the tunnels or Atsou behind the doors. He was just looking at the general direction of the area while he was on the fast move and then corrected his aim once he arrived.
At least that would be one way to explain it.

If you look at his aim while he is on his way back he isn't even aiming at Atsou most of the time, but he is aiming in front of him.

dat 64 tickrate is the cause of that shot. There are many times back in 1.6 in which this would occur as well. People make videos of it, and it was pretty funny.
How would the tickrate explain it?
At a tickrate of 64 the servers is making decisions at around every 15ms. But it apppears the Mayhem's first target has been standing still for more than that, and is even standing still after his shot.

@Mayhem, was that a live stream from, a recorded replay, or a replay from the server?

Haroon

At a tickrate of 64 the servers is making decisions at around every 15ms. But it apppears the Mayhem's first target has been standing still for more than that, and is even standing still after his shot.

@Mayhem, was that a live stream from, a recorded replay, or a replay from the server?

From what I have learned by playing CS for several years. The reason why that shot missed is either because of the low tickrate, or bad net coding. That's what most people had blamed it on in the past, and in other games as well (Battlefield 3, and 4). So, that is generally my response if something like this occurs.

Haroon

in 1.6 we used to just say "WOW NO REG"

Haha, yeah. I just wanted to add that if you want to improve your aim the boring way, you can search for this map training aim csgo 2 in the workshop. It'll greatly improve your aim, but it requires a lot of your time. You can work on your aim while using an AWP, or you could work on your rifle aim as well. I spent a lot of time in that map when I was looking to improve myself in CS:GO.

CoolS

I think they neek to open up the drop above the tunnels on B for Overpass B has two choke points and if you control them it is incredibly hard for Ts to get in there and take the site. That, coupled with the short roatations makes it quite CT sided. Yesterday we played 12-3 on CT and the match eventually ended 16-9 or 16-10. I think we won Pistol and second round, but after that is got really complicated.

favorite maps are:

- Mirage (I really like a good A take as terrorists with smokes and flashes going everywhere)
- Inferno /though I need to work on my T side)
- Cache
- Dust 2
- and probably Overpass

these odds are too good to not throw at least some dollar bullshit on NiP
I bet on Dignitas. It's their last chance to redemm themselves..

They way I always understood it is that 16 tick demos are bad, especially in Overwatch, because you only see things updated 16 times a second compared to the usual 64. So movement, aim et is somewhat lost. I have watched countless demos of myself where I made a flickshot or something like that and the enemies head exploded in the demo even though I wasn't actually aiming directly on this head in the demo.

Just watched my friend open 20 cases to get all blues and two shitty purples. he then traded in 10 purples including a Deagle hand cannon he bought in hopes of getting a night. God a nova antique. This game can be cruel sometimes.

CoolS

Just watched my friend open 20 cases to get all blues and two shitty purples. he then traded in 10 purples including a Deagle hand cannon he bought in hopes of getting a night. God a nova antique. This game can be cruel sometimes.

Caught in the Valve money making machinery

cHinzo

1. Dust2 (love every part of the map)
2. Mirage (great 'balanced' map with three lanes)
3. Inferno (can't retake for shit, but the close range combat is fun)
4. Cache (small, but fun map where mid control is everything)
5. Nuke (fun CT side, T side is hard without a good team though)

CoolS

That being said, I want train to come back, always loved playing and watching that map. And add season while you are at it to bring more variety to big tournaments.

cresto

I'd like to see Season replace cobblestone in the competitive map pool. Never liked cbble from the 1.6 days and that remains true still. Not enough variation to allow rotations or anything of the like.

I started really playing with the awp this weekend and man, the game just seems like easy mode sometimes with it. And getting a nice flick shot or a few close range shots in a row feels so good, way better than getting a sick 1 tap with the AK.

impact

Banned
I'd like to see Season replace cobblestone in the competitive map pool. Never liked cbble from the 1.6 days and that remains true still. Not enough variation to allow rotations or anything of the like.

I'd like to see season replace dust2 but we can't all get what we want. cbble is a nice change of a pace from the usual mirage inferno cache rotation imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom