• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

Penta and Planetkey both made it into Dreamhack Winter. Especially excited to see Planetkey on LAN, since they did pretty well on LAN during Dreamhack Valencia. Troubley is a beast.

CoolS

Alternate through to the quarter finals as well. Even if these smaller teams drop out in the group stages @DH Winter, they will probably make bank with that delicious sticker money.

Didn't expect the bad performance from HR against Penta. In my mind they were a 99% secure candidate for one of the spots, so if they can't secure the fifth one tomorrow, I'll be REALLY surprised.

MayMay

Banned
Doing the Faceit league with friends. If anyone wants to watch, the link is spoilered below:

www.twitch.tv/atsou - Just a warning. The individuals that I play alongside with have the tendency to be rude to others.

FaceIt seems kinda broken. 5v4 and its been a 5v3 for a short time? Wow. How can matches like this even happen?
I've never tried FaceIt, is this a common thing? lol

Mokoi

Banned
That just may be it since I know you can perform better from what I've seen. Definitely didn't play like that when I spectated that one match before.

soultron

Banned
Played against the WORST people ever in Casual just now.

We're up 7 - 1 as CT on Mirage.
1v1 he plants B.
I drop my pistol and AWP in CT as I'm rotating from A.
I fake towards door, hear his footsteps, head for window instead.
Jump out the window and end up behind him.
CHANCE KNIFE.
Defused.

I wish it was Comp MM so I had the video.

CoolS

Well of course...

1v1 he plants B.
CHANCE KNIFE.
Defused.

I drop my pistol and AWP

Da fuck did I just read

1v1 he plants B.
CHANCE KNIFE.
Defused.

Awesome. Messing around and doing stuff like that is the only thing that makes casual fun anymore. If i play for real its just too easy.

ironmang

Do any of you console wizards know any binds to mute dead players on your team? Started realizing how many times I completely fail clutches when I have 1 or more teammates giving bad advice in my ear while I'm trying to play.

CoolS

I wanted to have some fun and see if I could pull it off.

I did.

I guess it's fine in the shitty mode called casual.
Do any of you console wizards know any binds to mute dead players on your team? Started realizing how many times I completely fail clutches when I have 1 or more teammates giving bad advice in my ear while I'm trying to play.
You unfortunately cannot mute dead players only, just every player on your team. To do that make a script like that in the autoexec.

bind "P" "toggle voice_enable"
replace P with whatever key you want, obviously.

Arucardo

I just tell them to shut up usually, there's a few times where I end up yelling at someone tho, lol. Getting told what to do by a silver or nova is something else and 99% of the time it's bad advice.

Top scoring should be enough of a sign to show the back seat players that I know what I'm doing.

Ensirius

1v1 he plants B.
CHANCE KNIFE.
Defused.

Toggle console
Type record (space) [name of choice]
when you are done type stop record

Enjoy recording in casual

impact

Banned
Just tell them to shut up or mute them. I usually end up muting.

Wunder

Gotta bet on fnatic with those odds, and hope LDLC are still having a LAN hangover.

I went the opposite! Good odds for LDLC as well in my opinion, I think it depends on who you're a fan of, it's really as 50/50 as you can get. I only went for a small bet on LDLC though, just so I can have a little reward while I cheer on the team I want to win anyway.

CoolS

I went the opposite! Good odds for LDLC as well in my opinion, I think it depends on who you're a fan of, it's really as 50/50 as you can get. I only went for a small bet on LDLC though, just so I can have a little reward while I cheer on the team I want to win anyway.

yeah it's pretty even, but I would still give the edge to fnatic as the better team, that's why I bet on them since we never ever see odds like that for them anymore.

Haroon

Pls Fnatic, don't disappoint...

gVCtLac.png

cresto

Can we please just have a day without the dreaded DDoS? It's been an utter downer to watch this week thus far on the fragbite and faceit streams.

Really wish they would let the matches do their thing off air, then cast the game after the fact, or just stagger the matches so that we don't have to sit through the casters poor attempt to entertain us during the pauses.

CoolS

Can we please just have a day without the dreaded DDoS? It's been an utter downer to watch this week thus far on the fragbite and faceit streams.

Really wish they would let the matches do their thing off air, then cast the game after the fact, or just stagger the matches so that we don't have to sit through the casters poor attempt to entertain us during the pauses.

The thing is that this would require some ffort and coordination with the betting sites like CSGL, and seeing that those guys are a complete mess and incompetent to boot, I just don't see it happening. There are LANs coming up on the next couple of weekends, so hopefully those will have less pauses and so on.

cresto

The thing is that this would require some ffort and coordination with the betting sites like CSGL, and seeing that those guys are a complete mess and incompetent to boot, I just don't see it happening. There are LANs coming up on the next couple of weekends, so hopefully those will have less pauses and so on.

LANs are run a tad bit more smoothly, but then again, you have instances like DH Stockholm with a crazy messed up break during the final. I know it's all still very new and coming into its own, but the online issues need to be addressed because that is the bulk of the available content and it's important to hammer these things out sooner rather than later for the sake of the community and the sponsors.

soultron

Banned
Is it not possible to do a delay to halftime and then start the broadcast from round 1 when, in realtime, the teams are actually playing round 16?

There has to be something that can be done that is semi-live, just with a sizeable enough delay so as to deter DDOSing.

danielcw

Are their sites / casts that focus on highlights from matches.
Like one or two minutes per game?

how is this possible?
I would like to know as well.
How do they get their targets?

The thing is that this would require some ffort and coordination with the betting sites like CSGL,
Are those sites so important to the CS:GO scene, that they need to be coordinated with, and can't be supposed to adapt on their own?

Haroon

For those that want to use Lounge Companion extension on Google Chrome, here are the steps to make it work alongside Lounge Destroyer:

1. Download Lounge Companion, Lounge Destroyer, and Tampermonkey.

2. Click on the Tampermonkey icon located on the top right of your browser. It looks like this:
QiWFH7X.png

3. Click on the Dashboard icon:
WuQQpsO.png

4. It will open up a new tab on your Chrome browser. After it has done that, click on this icon:
47lmQv6.png

5. REMOVE everything that is already inside the box by highlighting everything, and hitting the backspace key on your keyboard:

6. Copy and paste the code below into the box the empty box:

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name       Anti-Anti-LoungeCompanion
// @namespace  http://reddit.com/r/loungestats
// @version    0.2
// @description  Kill all timeouts on pageload since csgl doesnt use any anyways.
// @match      http://csgolounge.com/*
// @copyright  2014+, Kinsi
// ==/UserScript==

var id = window.setTimeout(function() {}, 0);
while (id--) window.clearTimeout(id);

7. It should look something like this:

8. Click this button:
sbZfFEw.png

9. And then click here:
WIs54St.png

10. After all of that, you should see a box like this one here:
sTmj4lp.png

11. All you need to do now is to click on circle, and turn it green to enable the script:
AnguishedSlowBustard.gif

12. You are now done! If you did all the steps properly, the Lounge Companion, and the Lounge Destroyer extensions should work fine with CSGO Lounge.

Odah

Banned
I recently got deranked from MGE to MG 1

all my friends I played with are Global Elite/Supreme Commander now and I cannot play with them anymore ><

cHinzo

I recently got deranked from MGE to MG 1

all my friends I played with are Global Elite/Supreme Commander now and I cannot play with them anymore ><
Teach me how to derank senpai! And why arent u that high if u always play with them? :d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom