• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

I wonder if there's going to be a big update tonight seeing as ESWC is tomorrow. Would be kinda fucked to have huge changes for the pro teams.

Haroon

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487700.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atsuo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

gunpoint5.png
Gunpoint -- MB-0D89ED7150D54F57 - Taken by danielcw. 1 entrants total.

t1414625584z1.png

Clydefrog

I play with idiots on the mic. Like, for some reason, it will be silent during the pre-round buy. Once the round begins, someone will say "rush B!" and we all start going. Then, when we're almost at B and throwing smokes/flashes, someone says "so how was your guys' weekend?"

WHAT

This is probably why I'm at 330+ wins and still a badge..

ironmang

Almost all of my frustration in this game involves communication. Either people who don't use mic or people who use it too much. Earlier had a guy trying to coach me through a bomb defense with horrible advice which caused me to miss the defuse sound. Guy then tried to kick me lol.

CoolS

It should be common courtesy to make the last call when you die and then just shut up if there is one guy remaining on your team, UNLESS you saw something that he missed. Otherwise let the people play the game, constantly backseat coaching end in a loss more often than not. I mean, I'm already under a certain amount of stress because the round depends on me, 4 guys telling me where to look and what to do will NOT make the situation any better.

ironmang

It should be common courtesy to make the last call when you die and then just shut up if there is one guy remaining on your team, UNLESS you saw something that he missed. Otherwise let the people play the game, constantly backseat coaching end in a loss more often than not. I mean, I'm already under a certain amount of stress because the round depends on me, 4 guys telling me where to look and what to do will NOT make the situation any better.

I've actually just started muting people who coach and leaving them muted rest of match. They've probably been doing it for hundreds of matches so I doubt a "shut up" will work or be remembered.

Wunder

MOTHER FUCKER I TOTALLY THOUGHT THAT WAS YOU YESTERDAY.

That game was equal parts good and frustrating

Edit: my steam handle is "cresto" we played you on mirage

Hahaha hello! Good game, I don't really remember much though - gonna watch the replay soon

edit: LOL I remember the TK in connector, that was hilarious

Clydefrog

I've actually just started muting people who coach and leaving them muted rest of match. They've probably been doing it for hundreds of matches so I doubt a "shut up" will work or be remembered.

It's amazing/kinda sad how much my game can improve by muting certain people.

Haroon

It's amazing/kinda sad how much my game can improve by muting certain people.

Yes, that's is exactly what I do as well. If someone is being annoying, I mute them, and the experience becomes much much better. Especially when someone is not contributing anything except being an ass about various things.

cHinzo

I play with idiots on the mic. Like, for some reason, it will be silent during the pre-round buy. Once the round begins, someone will say "rush B!" and we all start going. Then, when we're almost at B and throwing smokes/flashes, someone says "so how was your guys' weekend?"

Man I love those guys. I play CS to relax, not to learn other languages like French or Russian. :(

Edit: Platinium is attending ESWC since E4US couldn't get their visas in time. Kinda sad not seeing Epsilon play. Also, tomorrow will be Planetkey Dynamics > C9? :D

I won a giveaway! Jazzpunk is mine! Thanks again Atsuo.

I feel inspired to do one myself now, I probably have a spare D:OS key lying around somewhere. :)

Rivitur

Banned
In almost 5hrs guys... The world will be watching. Live from Paris France the ESWC counterstrike championship! Will Miss Rage be back for more entertaining color commentary?(even tho she was supposed to be analysis) will anyone actually watch the female tournament? Will semmler bring his hat? Will online sports make it out of the groups? And finally how bad will the production values be?

All these questions and more will be answered in just below 5hrs.

udiie

off topic but is anyone else as excited as I am for R6: Siege? looks like the perfect cross between CS and R6 that I've been waiting for

MayMay

Banned
off topic but is anyone else as excited as I am for R6: Siege? looks like the perfect cross between CS and R6 that I've been waiting for

Yuup, I'm really excited for that. I think it looks great and I really pray that Ubisoft wont mess it up..

soultron

Banned
Maybe an AK-74 with a silencer?
I think giving an attacking team the option to purchase silenced weapons themselves would kind of break the balance in Defuse maps. I say this because silenced weapons allow players to fire medium to long distances and it doesn't give away their position, which is handy when you're posted up in a site as a CT.

If this was to happen, I think it'd be a tough balancing act. It'd have to occupy the AK47 slot, not do as much damage (no single shot HS against helmet), and have low reserve ammo. It'd be priced like the M4A1S/M4A4, but possibly have a tighter spray pattern than the 47.

CoolS

So I guess its save to assume there will be no patch and SteamDB updated because of some bundle? Another week of waiting..

Omega

Banned

I can never get excited for a Ubisoft game.

1. It's a Ubisoft game
  2. It's on PC. They are going to fuck it up. and i7 5960x/GTX980 is probably going to be the minimum
  3. It has uPlay attached to it
  4. It's a Ubisoft game

udiie

I can never get excited for a Ubisoft game.

1. It's a Ubisoft game
  2. It's on PC. They are going to fuck it up. and i7 5960x/GTX980 is probably going to be the minimum
  3. It has uPlay attached to it
  4. It's a Ubisoft game

i wish you were wrong, but you're probably right. ordered it on console already anyway.

Haroon

Just played some 1.6 10 mans... Buying ammo for primary, and secondary was interesting... Controlling the recoil was pretty difficult. The overall experience was pretty fun.

Omega

Banned
According to 99damage, Cloud 9 is French. Their new roster is also the old PlanetKey roster.

and the best team NA is German and now plays under the Planetkey name

cHinzo

Just played some 1.6 10 mans... Buying ammo for primary, and secondary was interesting... Controlling the recoil was pretty difficult. The overall experience was pretty fun.
I've always liked to option to buy ur own ammo, since u can save money by not fully buying all ammo if u don't have the money for it, but still got the option to buy the gun. Also, the M4A1 was so good... I miss that gun where u had a real trade-off between silenced and unsilenced, unlike in GO (no, 60 ammo is hardly a trade-off if everything else whipes the floor with the unsilenced version).
I've been dying to play a new R6 game since Vegas 2 came out like a lifetime ago. Hope there will be at least a co-op story mode though, since those are fun, but Terrorist Hunt and that Hostage mode will be prolly the big selling point of that game. Blastin through walls looked fun though, reminds me a bit of Bad Company 2.

CoolS

i think 5 GAFfers could have did better than planetkey dynamics

That one round where C9 ried to knife the last remaining player cost them dearly though. I can't believe they would do this stupid kin dof thing in a professional match with money on the line. I wouldn't be surprised if they can't get out of the group stage because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom