• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

cHinzo

it was dependent on the VP vs Planetkey game as well, so 10 rounds wouldn't have saved them in the end. If C9 had stomped Planetkey earlier in the day and/or LDLC beat VP on Overpass, it would have been a different story.

edit: going to go all-in on the NiP games tomorrow, someone stop me

It would have, since they ended -4 rounds difference and VP -2. :d

Xizk

Thanks for the giveaway! Ended up +/- 0 today as my inner fanboy made me put more items on c9 when I knew I shouldn't have. CW odds are too low tomorrow. They just beat HR in a bo3 and put up a good fight against fnatic in the Legends bo5. Putting in small bets on them. 3DMAX also gets a small bet as they did beat Dig last LAN they played.

iBP vs mouz could be interesting. Online I would give mouz a better chance but OnlineJ doesn't seem to perform as well at LAN. Going with iBP as they are LAN proven. The following matches will get bet on if I win some of the earlier ones.

Odah

Banned
CW just screams for a low bet.

my current bets for tomorrow:

3DMAX > Dignitas
NiP > CW
CW > HR
iBP > mouz (why has mouz so high odds)

cresto

C9 goes 4-1 in groups and is still out of the tournament....lame.

Round Diff: -4
VP Round Diff: -2.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

That has to be the single most frustrating thing possible. Just to show how tough this group was, LDLC was only at a +6 round diff.

Sucks

cHinzo

it's beyond stupid.

First tiebreaker should be based on head-to-head matchups. Shouldn't matter if VP had a +50 and C9 only had a +5.

Well, it was a 3-way tie where LDLC beat C9, C9 beat VP and VP beat LDLC. Just unfortunate for C9 to win with less rounds difference.

Round Diff: -4
VP Round Diff: -2.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

That has to be the single most frustrating thing possible. Just to show how tough this group was, LDLC was only at a +6 round diff.

Sucks

What a dumb way to do that shit. Too many variables with the different maps to have it come down to the rounds.

cresto

What a dumb way to do that shit. Too many variables with the different maps to have it come down to the rounds.

Really, VP only go through because they blanked a team 16-0. You are so right. I think there should have been a sudden death game between the two teams. I just dont like this ESWC system at all.

Sajjaja

Any ideas on when the operation is coming out? I have $6 and some change in my steam wallet and it's hard holding out the Steam sale in order to get the operation for free.

Haroon

Any ideas on when the operation is coming out? I have $6 and some change in my steam wallet and it's hard holding out the Steam sale in order to get the operation for free.

Just spend it man. I'll give you a copy of the operation when it comes out.

frbrr

The matchmaking in this game is so incredibly infuriating.

We are up 11-5 coming into the second half on dust2. After we lost pistols we all eco, except one guy who buys out every single round.
When another guy on my team pointed out to him that he should save his money he pretty much goes "Don't like it? fine, I won't play anymore".
Then he proceeds to screw us over in the rest of the match in any way he can. For example any round where he had the bomb he would go in the other direction and die on purpose. In other rounds he would rush straight down mid with his knife out.

We eventually lost 16-14

Should I stop playing solo before I rip my hair out?

cHinzo

The matchmaking in this game is so incredibly infuriating.

We are up 11-5 coming into the second half on dust2. After we lost pistols we all eco, except one guy who buys out every single round.
When another guy on my team pointed out to him that he should save his money he pretty much goes "Don't like it? fine, I won't play anymore".
Then he proceeds to screw us over in the rest of the match in any way he can. For example any round where he had the bomb he would go in the other direction and die on purpose. In other rounds he would rush straight down mid with his knife out.

We eventually lost 16-14

Should I stop playing solo before I rip my hair out?
Should have just kicked that guy man.
Just spend it man. I'll give you a copy of the operation when it comes out.
Mr. Generous!
You can gift operations?
Yeah u can buy those Operation Passes as a gift.
Really, VP only go through because they blanked a team 16-0. You are so right. I think there should have been a sudden death game between the two teams. I just dont like this ESWC system at all.
The games vs the other teams didn't matter. Only the rounds in the games between the tied teams mattered.

udiie

AVq8Wdk.png

anyone interested?
edit: price is in canadian space dollars
wow this is legit just dubstep lol

Ludono

The jinx is real! \o/

Edit: Hey guys, guess who's back?
8f7e53f6fb.png

If only I had any skins left to bet. Down to my last couple shitty skins and the skins I want to keep.... pretty much put my last decent value betting skins on mouz in the iBP vs mouz game. Maybe if I don't buy anything this Halloween I'll open a few crates or something :/

AVq8Wdk.png

anyone interested?
edit: price is in canadian space dollars
wow this is legit just dubstep lol

1.Buy it
2. Put on Marketplace for Double
3.??????
4. Profit

Oh, I haven't been paying attention but I guess they dropped like a rock since the release week hype?

Who plays with music on anyway? :p

I turn on only the mvp anthems. I like the customization. I have the desert fire. This one has a cool western anthem and some chiptunes one. Can you choose which of the two play? the rest only have one.

Coldsun

Banned
I was on a wonderful upswing. And then this.

+ lost Fnatic vs Na'Vi ESWC2014-10-30 17:00:00
+ lost LDLC vs VP ESWC2014-10-30 16:15:00
+ lost VP vs Cloud9 ESWC2014-10-30 12:30:00

Now im without skins (ebsides a .05 one) again, sigh. Such is life.

impact

Banned
NiP new jerseys, real names, new playstyle? Would be great to see them performing really well again.

I doubt they will without a roster change. And no, don't take that as me saying they won't win a match, I just don't think they have any sort of dominance in this game like they used to. It's not just that their players are underperforming, it's that the rest of the world caught up to them, and then surpassed them. Not even skill and aim, but strats-wise they've been figured out.

Really have no idea why they didn't want to pick up schneider or maikelele. Excellent swedish players far above Fiff's level.

and to you guys who have been lucky enough to not be working, is Titan worth betting on or are they still doing a NiP impression? I hate HR so much and I want to convert that to skins.

CoolS

I doubt they will without a roster change. And no, don't take that as me saying they won't win a match, I just don't think they have any sort of dominance in this game like they used to. It's not just that their players are underperforming, it's that the rest of the world caught up to them, and then surpassed them. Not even skill and aim, but strats-wise they've been figured out.

Really have no idea why they didn't want to pick up schneider or maikelele. Excellent swedish players far above Fiff's level.

and to you guys who have been lucky enough to not be working, is Titan worth betting on or are they still doing a NiP impression? I hate HR so much and I want to convert that to skins.

The thing is, they have so much experience as a team together and they brought in someone exactly because they know their play is becoming stale and they've been figured out.

I see two possible scenarios for them going forward (meaning DH Winter):

-They crash and burn out in the group stages, which should show them that it just will not work like this anymore.
-They "sursprise" everyone and make it to the finals, maybe even winning them.

I guess loosing in the quarters or semis could also happen, though that might just lead to them playing like this longer than they probably should... We will see at this LAN and DH Winter.

impact

Banned
I guess they could still win, I mean they did get super lucky at ESL Cologne

The game really is too random to call anything. LDLC and fnatic looked unstoppable yet both lost a good amount of matches recently they shouldn't have. Meanwhile NaVi looked like shit for 2 months then all of a sudden it seems like they're back. I want Dignitas to win it all because they're the only elite team that hasn't won shit. They really deserve it, especially after picking up cajunb like I've been saying. If they dropped Xyp9x for Pimp they'd be on par with fnatic imo.

aaaaaand Titan are losing to a team of noname frenchies. Guess I will not be betting on them :D

impact

Banned
Is there a player I hate more than DaZeD? I don't think so.

iBP so unlikeable. Makes me root for fucking mouz :lol

YAAAAS MOUZ WITH THE PARTIAL ECO. TIME TO SWITCH TO TEC9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom