• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
I think the thing that made me facepalm the most was "it's the year 2014" as if that's supposed to mean something..

You use "it's 2014" when you're talking about something that is dated and should be using the technology/advancements that are available. Like Call of Duty still using the same scripted formula from a decade ago on a modified engine from the land before time.

If it was 2007 would he be fine with you smurfing?

There's also something extremely hilarious about someone raging on youtube trying to tell someone else they have no life and can't get girls. Your right hand doesn't count bruh, get off the high horse

Ensirius

Is the comeback real?

h2yAlEg.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a CS:GO skins. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487700.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (littleworm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Candy Apple Collection(FN) -- MB-3A55AED97A4CDD3E - Taken by phantomspiker. 27 entrants total.

330x192

330x192

330x192

330x192

t1415047940z1.png
Use them, lose them. Do whatever.

udiie

Great giveaway man. There is only one problem though. I dnno how smart it is to use the nolurker command in raffles outside the Steam thread, since it only counts post in the Steam threads iirc. Just a heads up.

i thought it worked for whichever thread was specified in the modbot post?

Great giveaway man. There is only one problem though. I dnno how smart it is to use the nolurker command in raffles outside the Steam thread, since it only counts post in the Steam threads iirc. Just a heads up.

If I read the FAQ thing right, all I had to do was include a link to this thread when I made the initial PM to modbot and it looks at this thread as opposed to the steam thread.

Mokoi

Banned
Use them, lose them. Do whatever.

Is the sand dune collection coming next? Nice giveaway, and I think candy apple are best skins.

The nolurker cmd works fine as long as you link this thread.

Are trade up contracts as bad as I think they are? I've done two and got jack shit, probably better off trading each weapon or something.

Overdoziz

Banned
I'm trying to do a giveaway as a test but I'm not getting a reply from modbot.

I have this as subject: "register my famas giveaway"

and this as text:

Am I doing something wrong? Do I just have to wait some more?

Try adding a fake redeem code to it. Otherwise it doesn't take.

cHinzo

i thought it worked for whichever thread was specified in the modbot post?

If I read the FAQ thing right, all I had to do was include a link to this thread when I made the initial PM to modbot and it looks at this thread as opposed to the steam thread.
Is the sand dune collection coming next? Nice giveaway, and I think candy apple are best skins.

The nolurker cmd works fine as long as you link this thread.

Alright, makes sense.

On another note, Clydefrog decided to decline the winnings from my last giveaway, so let's try it again.

ModBot said:
I am giving away CS:GO Skins. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487700.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (cHinzo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

358655c439.jpg

CS:GO Skins Starter Kit -- MB-9A75CB32B1F1CF1E - Taken by sneakypete. 15 entrants total.

t1415061980z1.png
For the people who are playing without skins I've made a basic collection of skins for 10 bucks, covering the most oftenly used guns, to give those people a chance to get some extra colour in their game. :) Please consider this when entering the raffle.

After three more tests it worked! It's not an amazing skin by any means but I hope it'll make someone happy.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Crazy_maniac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

FAMAS Sergeant Field-Tested -- MB-9E1DE9E0FBCC95A2 - Taken by littleworm. 7 entrants total.

330x192

t1415062640z1.png

One more update from this guy:
Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mmPUngQ.png[/IMG]
To give the story some context, we had a few matches last night. One of them had one of the persons in this picture in it. This person hunted down my main account, and then found my YouTube channel.
That is some serious salt. I don't get any YouTube stalkers hunt me down but I do get a lot of abuse/accusations when I smurf:
Again, not to ruin other's fun but so I can play with friends without making their game miserable because of a level of play they can't compete in.

As a side note, I checked out your C++ videos to see what he was on about and I think what you're doing is great:
I think a lot of people don't get into programming because the learning materials are so uninviting and dense, having the material as someone else actually learning as they go? Nice.
Hopefully some people pick it up because of your efforts.

The guy has an attitude of a child during the match. I'm not surprised that a racist would post that. I have a bad mood today, but reading that makes me furious.

CoolS

Rejoice, CS GAF!

This week is the week we finally get a new Operation and probably a new weapon. Are you excited? Lets pray and thank our Lord Gaben!

if there still is no Operation this week I'll be sad...

Rejoice, CS GAF!

This week is the week we finally get a new Operation and probably a new weapon. Are you excited? Lets pray and thank our Lord Gaben!

if there still is no Operation this week I'll be sad...

I have been
im
patiently waiting for awhile now. haven't played CS all week.

Clydefrog

hacking fucker!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Clydefrog, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Divinity -- MB-EA53CE273681572E - Taken by Mokoi. 11 entrants total.

t1415091022z1.png

Divinity_Original_Sin_cover.png

it is for Divinity: Original Sin but I apparently messed up the game title

Clydefrog

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Clydefrog, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

be9N3lU.png

Wasteland 2 -- MB-92A4F32A72EE0C2A - Taken by sneakypete. 17 entrants total.

t1415091982z1.png

aaay, getting better at this

Omega

Banned
you guys are awesome with the giveaways. wish i could join in but im broke as fuck and don't have CS skins to give away =(

edit - wat. I have the third mosts post in this thread.

Arucardo

It's ok... ;)

Thanks for the giveaways, lads!

Hahaha, cool :D . I'll echo the sentiment about the giveaways, very cool to see inside a smallish community for a game like CSGO, I doubt we get a lot of driveby participants.

Now unemployed for the rest of the year so maybe I'll have time to get much better at GO again and not skip out on going to the gym. LEM or supreme master, here I come ;D.

MayMay

Banned
Those giveaways are great, CSGaf is full of awesome people.

One more update from this guy:

To give the story some context, we had a few matches last night. One of them had one of the persons in this picture in it. This person hunted down my main account, and then found my YouTube channel.

That guy... >_> Wow. He was already obnoxious in-game but his stupidity in those YT comments just makes me mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom