• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
211, but that's still well ahead of the average. =)

(the 187 is the last of your 5 clicks, the average of all 5 is below in smaller writing, genius site design :p)

I just got 209 from another best out of 5. I don't think I'll do any better. Seems about right given my age and the fact that I play a lot of fast twitch games.

273 average. I know I've always had a problem with slow reaction times. =/

Edit: 206. I just remembered the trick of only looking at the color and not the text cause your brain wants to read it and slows you down.

doesn't matter on 64 tick MM servers anyway
While 64 tick servers are a bit shit, the tick time is 15ms so it only really becomes a concern when you have good reactions.

You're more likely to not react in time than miss because of the tick window. =P

Edit: 206. I just remembered the trick of only looking at the color and not the text cause your brain wants to read it and slows you down.
Yeah, I had to scroll down because that blinky ellipsis was distracting.

chessnut

Mine is pretty bad, but I'm about to go to sleep. I remember n0thing saying his reaction time is only a little better than average. I really don't put much into this. gamesense > reaction time

fastest was 213, average was 240

udiie

BYoxRJ6.png
a good representation of my inconsistency

CSGO Now region locked

Known restrictions
Cross region trading and gifting is disabled for this item.

According to reddit this was probably done to stop cheaters from buying 100's of copies cheap from other regions then selling therm to others at much lower prices than retail.

CoolS

It's gonna be all bad maps anyway

This is valve we are dealing with

I don't care, I want something new, even if I just play each map once.

Plus it seems I'm one of the few persons who actually misses missions. And a new case + skins is always fun.

Arucardo

I don't care, I want something new, even if I just play each map once.

Plus it seems I'm one of the few persons who actually misses missions. And a new case + skins is always fun.

I'm totally with you, even if the maps suck I don't mind at all. Even better is that you can make the cost of the operation back pretty fast from crates if you get in early and more.

EDIT: Muahahaha, the ESL One Cologne 2014 Cobblestone Souvenir Package is hitting a minimum price of 46 eur now, but I'm still holding on to it. Might actually sell it after it goes past 50eur. Boggles my mind that someone would pay that with the chance of getting something worthless out of it.

impact

Banned
"I don't care if the maps suck"

This is why valve gives us bad maps guys, get some standards for the DLC you buy :[

Missions and cases are cool, but I'd trade that bullshit fluff for new season and tuscan any day. But why try to get good maps when people will just buy operation CoD maps anyway. Grrrr

CoolS

"I don't care if the maps suck"

This is why valve gives us bad maps guys, get some standards for the DLC you buy :[

Missions and cases are cool, but I'd trade that bullshit fluff for new season and tuscan any day. But why try to get good maps when people will just buy operation CoD maps anyway. Grrrr

Two things: the Operations are esentially free, so that is a huge plus aleady for getting some new content. Additionally, I'm giving something back to the mapmakers, which I think is awesome.
And second, Breakout so far was the only Operation where I thought all the maps were kinda shitty. All other Ops had at least one or two nice maps.

Actually I find it rather sad that the community keeps begging for remakes of old maps instead of actually trying to establish some new ones. The only real new map in CS:GO is Overpass, which only got accepted because Valve forced it on the scene. And now teams, especially in Europe, really like playing it.

We will get season eventually anyway, the question is whether it will be this Op or the next one. And I don't think tuscan will ever reach a playable state (at least for pro matches), the map has been updated once since the beta release.

Also, more news about DH Winter:

csgo_v1_w700_h247.png

Bootcamp, CS:GO Stage & Team List
It’s time to announce some more news about DreamHack CS:GO Championship sponsored by HyperX and Roccat at DreamHack Winter 2014 27-29 November in Jönköping, Sweden. World’s best CS:GO teams will fight to become the next DreamHack Champion and get a share of the $250,000 on the line.

The Inferno Online Bootcamp
DreamHack is teaming up with the World’s largest online gaming center Inferno Online to provide the best training conditions for the teams participating in DreamHack CS:GO Championship during the days (21-26 November) before DreamHack Winter 2014 (27-29 November).

It will a perfect opportunity for the 16 teams to prepare for Sweden, DreamHack and the Championship where we’ll crown the last major CS:GO Champion of the year. The teams will get into to Stockholm between 21st and 23rd of November, and at 26th of November the teams will travel down to Jönköping, Sweden. Teams will get personal location/private area with 5 computers each at Inferno Online Odenplan. All teams will also stay at the same hotel in Stockholm, Sweden where we have teamed up with Nordic Choice to provide the best possible accommodation for the teams. DreamHack will also have a special CS:GO bus in partnership with Björks Buss, that will be driving the players both in Stockholm and all teams to and from Jönköping.

The CS:GO Stage
Today we’re also announcing the new CS:GO Stage we’re building for DreamHack Winter 2014 inside Hall B, featuring 3 large attendance stands, and a 4-team stage with four projections screens. The audience capacity will be around 1,200 seats.

unnamed-1.png

unnamed-2.png

Full List of Teams:
Today DreamHack also announce the last two teams, as one slot will be given to the 6th team in the European Qualifier – myXMG and the final slot will be awarded South African Bravado Gaming as the international wild card in the tournament. See full list below.

Overview – Participating teams:
1. NiP-Gaming
2. Fnatic
3. Titan
4. Team Dignitas
5. Virtus.Pro
6. Cloud 9

7. Epsilon
8. Na’Vi
9. LDLC
10. Planetkey Dynamics
11. PENTA Sports
12. ESC Gaming
13. iBuyPower
14. HellRaisers
15. Bravado Gaming
16. myXMG

cHinzo

CSGO Now region locked

Known restrictions
Cross region trading and gifting is disabled for this item.

According to reddit this was probably done to stop cheaters from buying 100's of copies cheap from other regions then selling therm to others at much lower prices than retail.

God damnit, I just made a new smurf to get to silver. >_> Looks like there wont be any cheap copies anymore for us EUGaf people.

Arucardo

God damnit, I just made a new smurf to get to silver. >_> Looks like there wont be any cheap copies anymore for us EUGaf people.

I'm glad they did this, should have some effect on the amount of hackers and cheaters we get.

Now if they just stop having CSGO on sale every other week :p

CoolS

It doesn't go on sale very often.

And even then, it only hit $3.75 once

And I'm glad it did and Valve realized that a price this cheap attracts even more cheaters. I'd be okay if the game never went on sale again, but I guess 50% off will happen from time to time again.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
It looked destined for F2P for a while there. People weren't switching to it from CS:S and 1.6, the turnaround was/is pretty amazing.

CoolS

Yup, ist was always prized very low but with the introduction of skins came the esports cases, which meant the introduction of Majors with a 250k$ pricepool and from there things just exploded. And the community keeps growing. Really amazing how Valve made the game that popular.

Odah

Banned
I just can't believe my luck.....

guys look:

c6b900c81d.jpg

just happened 5mins ago...

wtf is happening

won an AWP Redline :L

and yesterday I won a p90 Asiimov x.x

Odah

Banned
Odah is just too lucky or maybe its skill? Was it the same stream you win in every time or others?

I won 4 giveaways within one week in 3 different streams.

Last week I won in B4dboy75's a StatTrak Famas Pulse MW. (100 Entries) = 1:100 chance
3 Days ago I won in Arclin3's a Five-Seven Copper Galaxy MW (15 Entries) = 1: 15 chance + after I got picked I got placed on a wheel with 5 others = 1:5 chance
Yesterday I won in onscreenlol's a P90-Asiimov FT (250 Entries) = 1:250 chance + after I got picked I got placed on a wheel with 10 others = 1:10 chance
And today I won in B4dboy75's a AWP-Redline FT . (200 Entries) = 1:200 chance

I should buy a lottery ticket

the odd thing is that yesterday when I participated I already had this feeling that I would win before I got picked and even then on the wheel this feeling was still there, no doubts inside me. Today the same! I just knew I would win and I have no idea why. Kinda scary o_O

cHinzo

I won 4 giveaways within one week in 3 different streams.

Last week I won in B4dboy75's a StatTrak Famas Pulse MW. (100 Entries) = 1:100 chance
3 Days ago I won in Arclin3's a Five-Seven Copper Galaxy MW (15 Entries) = 1: 15 chance + after I got picked I got placed on a wheel with 5 others = 1:5 chance
Yesterday I won in onscreenlol's a P90-Asiimov FT (250 Entries) = 1:250 chance + after I got picked I got placed on a wheel with 10 others = 1:10 chance
And today I won in B4dboy75's a AWP-Redline FT . (200 Entries) = 1:200 chance

I should buy a lottery ticket

the odd thing is that yesterday when I participated I already had this feeling that I would win before I got picked and even then on the wheel this feeling was still there, no doubts inside me. Today the same! I just knew I would win and I have no idea why. Kinda scary o_O

Also no doubt that Dig is gonna win tonight right? ( ͡° ᴥ ͡°)

Sajjaja

Can you win me an Ak47 redline? Thanks.

Sincerely, Sajjaja.

Where do you guys watch all these pro streams and stuff? Where do you find out about these tournies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom