• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time playing on US servers with Shadow, Ezio and co. Was fun, though I never ever play Office and I'm not used to a ping of 120. But we won, so who am I to complain?

You can always complain about 120 ping, ask them I always do. 120 is shit tier ping. 60 is bad, 25-40 is good, anything under is sweet.

CoolS

You can always complain about 120 ping, ask them I always do. 120 is shit tier ping. 60 is bad, 25-40 is good, anything under is sweet.

my normal ping is around 50 in Europe, so that's what I'm used to. Can't even imagine how good something around 20> must feel.

Years ago I had 20 ping, it was sweet. Now I average 65-80 and I dread it. I constantly lose upclose firefights against people with 20-30 ping on that alone, not because of aiming. It's because their shots will register and hit me first and they see me first.

MayMay

Banned
I'm so used to 120ish ping it's not even funny, 400 of my 500 hours have been with that ping. Maybe thats the reason why I'm just AWPing whenever I can, I have peek advantage with it + the one shot compensates for the lag in some way or another.

Rivitur

Banned
Soo... I'm all in on sweden. What are my chances of crying afterwards since you know Netherlands haven't lost ;_; (I needed ez skinz ez lyfe for some excitement)

Ensirius

Years ago I had 20 ping, it was sweet. Now I average 65-80 and I dread it. I constantly lose upclose firefights against people with 20-30 ping on that alone, not because of aiming. It's because their shots will register and hit me first and they see me first.

I'm on opticfibermasterrace team, 20 ping, I was playing with 250-400 ping not too long ago. It was hell.

Wunder

I noticed that Steels new team has moe in it. But didn't he completely distance himself from Moe after he was caught cheating (with video proof and everything)? It's kind of crazy any decent league would even allow him.

Here's the video Steel made after moe got caught.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQhnlLa5R80

Yeah... Unfortunately after all the hand wringing and complaining pros do about cheaters, when the cheaters are actually their friends and/or players in the scene for a while, they don't really care.

Rivitur

Banned
Nick "nitr0" Cannella to join IBP it seems. Still didn't see it posted here, so might as well.

https://twitter.com/Denialdaps/status/530646015607832576
Hmm... This could be interesting. The problem I have is that maybe the chemistry wont be as good and this might be the opening C9 has been waiting for the finally be considered #1 in NA. That said nitr0 is a very good addition sucks for Denial lel.

Also wtf is this? Maybe the new operation? Most likely fake tho.

http://pastebin.com/4fUgkS2d

KiKaL

I just took a few months off due to getting married and moving and man it hurts getting back into the swing of things. It's extremely frustrating missing shots you know you should make.

Even though we lost yesterday that game i played on an american server at 120ping was the smoothest game i've had in ages, I get 30-50ping to uk servers but theres always random lag ping spikes etc :(

Lourio

I already own 2 cars, but screw that, gotta get more. 8)

url-21.gif

cheezcake

This guy had 2000 hours...

BaBE0Am1k9HfwJsb0t0uDlgO.gif

Man the other gifs didn't even come out, 100% blatant tracing people through walls every round. LEM rank, 2000 hours, 11 years of service....

CoolS

Hmm... This could be interesting. The problem I have is that maybe the chemistry wont be as good and this might be the opening C9 has been waiting for the finally be considered #1 in NA. That said nitr0 is a very good addition sucks for Denial lel.

Also wtf is this? Maybe the new operation? Most likely fake tho.

http://pastebin.com/4fUgkS2d

Most likely?

[MAPS]

- Added de_blackgold and cs_insertion to reserves group in competitive and casual modes.
- Removed de_dust and cs_militia.

lol

soultron

Banned
I just took a few months off due to getting married and moving and man it hurts getting back into the swing of things. It's extremely frustrating missing shots you know you should make.

I took a weekend off since I went on vacation and it is still stinging. I know that feel.

Rivitur

Banned
Pyth
Friberg
Twist
Schneider
Dennis

Yeah I am now confident in my all in (first ever) bet.

This made me laugh more than it should've.
77f47e9c2b83a12ac951a0eba61fbe45.png

Xizk

Update should be tonight. Music Kit update came on a friday so the dream lives. They updated 4 times yesterday according to SteamDB so something is happening.

Xizk

How do your bets look for tomorrow? Went small on Dig and medium on LDLC. Was going to bet on VP but not when they have a stand-in.

Rivitur

Banned
Even though they're winning that looks like a pretty bad all in at 80/20 lol. Thought you were happy about betting against that lineup.
Well the thing is when I say I went all in I mean I bet all my skins (1) with a total worth of 11cents so I needed to get more before I can bet on upsets. I needed a sure thing.

That Dignitas bet looks sexy as hell. Same with the VP bet especially since its LAN BO3.

I'd take the VP bet since Dig isn't a strong lan team if I had to choose only one but I'd place small bets on each.

ironmang

Well the thing is when I say I went all in I mean I bet all my skins (1) with a total worth of 11cents so I needed to get more before I can bet on upsets. I needed a sure thing.

That seems like one of the worst Swedish lineups possible though. Just surprised you were that confident in them. Of course you're not betting the asiimovs I was imagining. :p

How do your bets look for tomorrow? Went small on Dig and medium on LDLC. Was going to bet on VP but not when they have a stand-in.

I'll have to look at the vetos. I imagine Nuke and Cache eat the first bans. Could see dig taking inferno which will definitely be played.

Likely going on LDLC over VP since Snax won't be there and he's the one player from VP I wouldn't want to see needing a sub.

Rivitur

Banned
That seems like one of the worst Swedish lineups possible though. Just surprised you were that confident in them.
Dennis- Hella good IGL
Twist- Extremely good rifler and an above average awper
Friberg- the spray master
Pyth- very strong standing player he top frag in mixes so this is right up his ally
Schneider- solid rifler

Against chrisJ and co.

Seems ez enough for me lol

Mokoi

Banned
Who's up for some MM in about an hour and a half?

I will probably be drunk, so it's going to be fun!

Man I would be up to play if you had said tonight when I will also be drunk.
---
All in on VP! I always win when they are the underdogs so we shall see.

Joined 3 MM games today and i can safely say EU servers are the biggest pile of crap atm I've ever seen, was playing with longcat. Ping Spikes, Random Continuous Lag, Complete Connection errors :(. At this stage id rather play on US servers till they sort this mess out.

Rivitur

Banned
Joined 3 MM games today and i can safely say EU servers are the biggest pile of crap atm I've ever seen, was playing with longcat. Ping Spikes, Random Continuous Lag, Complete Connection errors :(. At this stage id rather play on US servers till they sort this mess out.
Those are some strange names you're playing with.

Robot Pants

I love when you offer someone a legit trade they get all defensive.
I messaged a guy with a Master Piece asked him if he was interested in a trade, he said sure but send me a trade offer so he can see it.

I said sure. I sent it.
Then the guy goes, "Thanks. I recorded everything, and it will be on reddit. Have a good night. You will be flagged."

What a douche

Arucardo

Who's this longcat? sounds like a jerk ;)

I think we just got unlucky with the servers. Seems like the worse offender was a german server (the guys with low pings were speaking german).

Also, doing a match with a silver 1 and a DMG is a little sketchy heh.

From the last six or so games I think I've lost 5 now and I still haven't deranked from DMG, probably has something to do with top scoring in almost all of them. Still, I definitely haven't been playing well enough to deserve the rank lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom