• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisW

So finally got an ace, and boy was it a good one.

Pistol round, I go short...no one arrives, 3 of my team get taken out at B site so I rush to mid and take out one guy going towards CT with a one click HS, second guy in window is peeking, I one click HS him too.

I walk round the corner looking at B doors and some dude pops his head out from behind the boxes and I 1 click him, mate rushes from B doors to take me out and I HS him too. (friendly died just before this, so I'm last guy alive)

I jump up into window and see that the last guy is trying to hide under double stack so I one click HS him and defuse!

Felt like a god!

I have the demo, but i'm not sure how to share it or record to my HD from it, any advice?

soultron

Banned
So finally got an ace, and boy was it a good one.

Pistol round, I go short...no one arrives, 3 of my team get taken out at B site so I rush to mid and take out one guy going towards CT with a one click HS, second guy in window is peeking, I one click HS him too.

I walk round the corner looking at B doors and some dude pops his head out from behind the boxes and I 1 click him, mate rushes from B doors to take me out and I HS him too. (friendly died just before this, so I'm last guy alive)

I jump up into window and see that the last guy is trying to hide under double stack so I one click HS him and defuse!

Felt like a god!

I have the demo, but i'm not sure how to share it or record to my HD from it, any advice?

If it's under 30s, you can use the free version of FRAPS. If you have an NVIDIA card, I think you can use shadowplay to record footage as well?

Got a FT M4A1S Basilisk. Checked market listings and it's only worth ~2.50. :c

Liking what I've played of the new maps so far but still a long ways to go before I'm familiar enough to make a full judgement. First impressions are that they're way better than the last Op though.

What's the deal with the coin this time? Complete missions to upgrade it?

Omega

Banned
Liking what I've played of the new maps so far but still a long ways to go before I'm familiar enough to make a full judgement. First impressions are that they're way better than the last Op though.

What's the deal with the coin this time? Complete missions to upgrade it?

way better.

at first I hated Workshop but that's because I hate all hostage maps. I think it's the best one in the game though. Other maps seem way too T sided, this actually seems like with some time it'll be a pretty even map when people figure out how to play it. whoever gets mid control should have an easy win.

I'm 50/50 on Facade. Seems impossible to defend a retake since there's about 5 different ways to attack each site. Seems pretty easy for T's to control the map though. 1 guy watching back entrance, 1 guy awping back entrance to mid. i don't even think im that good of an awper but i had mid locked down when we played. after that just go mid to a or b. would need to play it more, can't really judge off one match.

season is season, not much needs to be said. i don't think i've played the other maps and if i have, i don't even remember them so they can't be that bad. The other four operations have been 1 good map and X maps that are complete and utter garbage.

and yeah, it'll probably be 15 missions like last one, maybe less. they've put the ops on sale a little before they end but have given people enough time to still get the gold coin. with the whole mission cooldown they're either going to tell latecomers to fuck off or remove the cap.

Sajjaja

animl just sent me this, which we got hit by when playing Marquis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfWcsEHn3ug

Sigh... REALLY?
"Gamebreaking? Are you that young? Ever heard of the CS 1.6 Cbble BSB plant and many others? It's not gamebreaking, you just need 2 players to be able to defuse it, just like the oldskool counter-strike was, before you were probably born, that's why you call this gamebreaking."

This dude is fucking idiot.

KingKong

Ah I caved and bought the extra mission packs. Now I have like 8 missions available

I wonder what theyll do when people complete all of them, and when that can even happen. If its one for each path per week then it should only be 1-2 months

Omega

Banned
Sigh... REALLY?
"Gamebreaking? Are you that young? Ever heard of the CS 1.6 Cbble BSB plant and many others? It's not gamebreaking, you just need 2 players to be able to defuse it, just like the oldskool counter-strike was, before you were probably born, that's why you call this gamebreaking."

This dude is fucking idiot.

i don't get this mentality of "game back in the day was amazeballs, therefore it had no flaws"

not being able to defuse because you don't have anyone to boost you is a shitty mechanic, whether it's from a shitty game like CoD or from a game that has allowed us to exist as a species like 1.6

Alric

I'm always seeing things about optimizing your rate, interp, tick, etc but honestly have no idea what any the stuff does or how I go about getting the best settings. Would anyone have a link to optimal CS GO settings for the best server reaction time or even explain it here?

Yeah I don't agree with much of the mechanics in 1.6. There is Bunnyhopping, which was ridiculous and there were quickscoping.

Holy hell I was a pretty decent at quickscoping. You don't even to have your awp out all the time at all. Switch to awp, scope in right away, shoot, and switch back to pistol. All within a split second.

I still have some of the muscle memory off of that, so I sometimes switch before shooting because there is a larger delay in CS GO compared to pre-patched 1.6.

1.6 also introduced randomized bullet spread I think.

KingKong

Ah I caved and bought the extra mission packs. Now I have like 8 missions available

I wonder what theyll do when people complete all of them, and when that can even happen. If its one for each path per week then it should only be 1-2 months

Ok nevermind, I did one more mission and then it locked me out until tomorrow? So I don't get how it works at all then. I assume they wouldnt make it so you can't do them all in time because otherwise buying extra campaigns and doing them would make it harder to upgrade your coin

cresto

already hate the missions. had to get 8 rounds on that stupid gym map. fucking team got to 16-7 and would not just let us win 1 round. WOW. stupid fucking community. FUCK

Ok nevermind, I did one more mission and then it locked me out until tomorrow? So I don't get how it works at all then. I assume they wouldnt make it so you can't do them all in time because otherwise buying extra campaigns and doing them would make it harder to upgrade your coin

I assumed that we would just start on the paths again?

Omega

Banned
already hate the missions. had to get 8 rounds on that stupid gym map. fucking team got to 16-7 and would not just let us win 1 round. WOW. stupid fucking community. FUCK

to be fair, fuck your mission.

Some team asked us before to let them win 8 rounds on a map. Sorry, I play to win, and I hope everyone else does as well. I also play to try to end the game as quick as possible. Give up a few rounds here and there and shit can change drastically or prolong a match that should have ended 15 minutes ago.

cresto

Some team asked us before to let them win 8 rounds on a map. Sorry, I play to win, and I hope everyone else does as well. I also play to try to end the game as quick as possible. Give up a few rounds here and there and shit can change drastically or prolong a match that should have ended 15 minutes ago.

when its 15-7 on a shit map you can go fuck yourself if you aren't decent enough to allow the opposite team to win a single round.

i have limited time to play this game and I dont want it to be wasted. 1 more round isn't asking for a throw

udiie

*cough* season

6v8rt.gif

Omega

Banned
why are you so fuckin lucky robot

I get it, really I do. But my issue is when you know you have the win in hand, why is it such a big deal to give up 1 round so we can all move on with our lives?

because it's not mine or anyone else's problem. maybe someone on the other team is busy and needs to hurry up and leave. maybe someone just needs to take a real bad shit. or maybe they're assholes like me, who knows.

this also isn't just me speaking from the winning end of a match. I had to play Mist 4 fuckin times to get my 16 wins last operation. Workout is in an instant classic compared to that piece of shit so I know how frustrating it is to have to replay a map you don't want to, just to complete a challenge so you can get a 4 cent skin.

The round wins missions are far more forgiving than actual competitive map wins like they used to have for coin upgrading. Even doing well you could miss out on those for a long time, whereas with round wins you can just slowly grind your way through. I mean I suppose you would have to enjoy the game to make them not bad.

not too big of a fan of the one or two missions every few days thing

reminds me of free to play tiredness meter stuff

im not too concerned, another valve experiment

if it doesn't work well it won't be there next time

Mokoi

Banned
I went ahead and bought that extra campaign so I can hopefully get a dragon lore drop just so I can undercut all those people trying to fix the price. I could also give it away here, and I think it's ugly as fuck.

Sajjaja

I went ahead and bought that extra campaign so I can hopefully get a dragon lore drop just so I can undercut all those people trying to fix the price. I could also give it away here, and I think it's ugly as fuck.

I'll give you Dark Souls for it :3

ironmang

Yeah I don't agree with much of the mechanics in 1.6. There is Bunnyhopping, which was ridiculous and there were quickscoping.

Holy hell I was a pretty decent at quickscoping. You don't even to have your awp out all the time at all. Switch to awp, scope in right away, shoot, and switch back to pistol. All within a split second.

I still have some of the muscle memory off of that, so I sometimes switch before shooting because there is a larger delay in CS GO compared to pre-patched 1.6.

1.6 also introduced randomized bullet spread I think.

Eh, that was patched out with the introduction of 1.6 from 1.5. The delay has been in the game ever since steam has existed.

Bunnyhopping wasn't nearly as much of a problem in Vanilla CS as it was in Source. The real problem was the duck running that made your footsteps nearly silent.

Omega

Banned

scope and the barrel fuck it up. scope reminds me of my mom's grandmother's kitchen floor. she had the ugliest tiling ever

i like the rest of the skin. Lightning Strike is my favorite though

soultron

Banned
not too big of a fan of the one or two missions every few days thing

reminds me of free to play tiredness meter stuff

im not too concerned, another valve experiment

if it doesn't work well it won't be there next time

I'd like if they did one a day, it'd be kind of like a 'dailies' thing for csgo.

The timing and rate you get drops at is very deliberate, I feel. If the pricing for certain skins plummets due to too many of those skins flooding the market, Valve might not stand to make as much on their cut of Market transactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom