• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

MayMay

Banned
How do I change to play on NA servers? I'm sick of playing on EU servers, do many language/communication barriers

Id recommend looking for a group of EU ppl to play with, soloqueue is toxic on EU servers. If you really want to disable them, google CSGO Matchmaking Server Picker. I think thats what its called.

Clydefrog

just played a match with some dudes from korea. apparently asian servers were down? anyways it was a hilarious game of little communication other than cheering and laughing. one of the best matches ive played.

oh is that why I got matched with a Korean guy the other night? His name was “cocksucker” but he could barely speak English. He would exclusively use the tec-9 on t side but wouldn’t buy any weapons for teammates. He would sigh or say “oh, shit…” on mic after every one of his deaths. He obviously bottom-fragged but thankfully the other team was worse and we got the W.

Xizk

Won 4 games today with gaffers. Ranked up to GN4 even though I played badly today as I kept missing easy awp shots I usually hit.

f0rk

Got ranked as Master Guardian II what up. When I used to play a lot of source the way people accused hackers was from 8 digit steam IDs. Now they seem to look at time played, I'm either a hacker or a smurf cos I have less than 100 hours.

Was playing much better, especially on Overpass.
My CT side is much worse on new maps as I never know when to expect people or where I should typically be holding from at the start of a round. Also the AK is so much better as a gun, I'm not very good with the m4 yet. The 20 bullet clip of the silenced one annoys me a lot

haveheart

Banned
I GOT A USP ROYAL BLUE DRAGONLORE OMFG I CANT BELIEV MY LUKEEEE

(atleast not a white skin)

I got a USP Royal Blue.... meh.

I also opened one Van Case, don't even remember what I got.

Until now, I'm not that lucky - I got the Howl in the last operation.

Clydefrog

I GOT A USP ROYAL BLUE DRAGONLORE OMFG I CANT BELIEV MY LUKEEEE

(atleast not a white skin)

I don't think Odah's playing Counter-Strike anymore...

cs_by_k2_kun-d86qqyh.png

It's amazing how much better it is to play with other people you know.

I played with some of 2 probably starters from AHGL (and some of the backups). I was probably the second best guy out of the five during each game (actual talent, not score...many times I was on top).

We didn't do set plays or strat calls, mostly just played to get to know each other's play style. It was our first matches together. We won 8 matches in a row and am now Legendary Eagle. Just knowing the people on your team helps so much.

Rivitur

Banned
Feels good, now I can post without fearing to get insta banned lul
Ehhh it doesn't work like that :eek:

Just rekt a team on dust 2 as t side. We were down 14-12 then we won a round and took both of the ct's scar 20s. We threw early mollies at A long got into pit with both scars and picked them apart for the remainder of the game. We won 16-14.

Omega

Banned
why isn't Season in?

Free advertisement to what, 400k viewers? Maybe EU teams haven't played it that much? I know NA teams have been playing Season for awhile now

nice giveaway udiie. i'll make sure to bet it on Bravado against Fnatic
Kappa.gif

udiie

Please don't bet this item away.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487700.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (udiie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade skins you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim skins you have no interest in collecting or using. Don't claim skins to give them to friends off-site.
- If the skin is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Glock-18 | Grinder (Minimal Wear) -- MB-1163E1AE6CFA94F5 - Taken by Baconsaurus Rex. 23 entrants total.
360fx360f

t1416443567z1.png
our giveaways are running a little dry lately.

haveheart

Banned
Is there a Dreamhack Thread? Can't find anything...

PENTA Sports is a new German squad, with an all new roster. This is gonna be exciting...

Rivitur

Banned
Is there a Dreamhack Thread? Can't find anything...

PENTA Sports is a new German squad, with an all new roster. This is gonna be exciting...
Penta team has been around for a long time or at least the core... They lost a sponsor and became Berserk for a while. (Krystal(2nd best awp in Germany) denis, robsin, and Felix) They're top 4 maybe 2nd in Germany now that smn is gone in alternate. And if PKD doesn't ever get it together.

I promise you Penta won't get far.

haveheart

Banned
Penta team has been around for a long time or at least the core... They lost a sponsor and became Berserk for a while. (Krystal(2nd best awp in Germany) denis, robsin, and Felix) They're top 4 maybe 2nd in Germany now that smn is gone in alternate. And if PKD doesn't ever get it together.

I promise you Penta won't get far.

Do you know any details on smn's ban? Is there a log or anything of what he used/did?

soultron

Banned
Can't tell me what to do udiie.

I wanna make a skin. how do?

Photoshop (or... Gimp... ugh) is needed at the bare minimum. 3D Coat (free 30-day demo on Steam, regular version is $100.00) is what I use to do texture projections.

Tonnes of tutorials on YouTube, but Corridium (guy who made Asiimov skins) probably has some of the better ones. Check this one out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiNASmArkxA

I don't typically do texture work at my job, so it's been an interesting journey so far. Be prepared to tackle some light UV wrap theory if you want to do anything complex, like the Asiimov skins, since some guns have sections of the UV that's used multiple times on the gun, like the gas vents on the barrel of the P90, for example:

(Left is Photoshop, Right is same texture in 3D Coat)
1IDzKZW.png

MayMay

Banned
I should really work on a skin.. but I'd rather model a whole new gun than texture one that already exists lol.
Id work on a map if Hammer Editor wouldnt be so god damn painful to work with, it's worse than Bethesdas Gamebryo/Creation Engine - and that one is already a paaaain in my ass. Ever since I tried UE4 its hard to go back to.. well anything else, really.

Edit: Actually, now that I think of it - Source 2 is decent enough. At least the version they have in the Dota 2 Beta branch. Not quite where other engines are, but it's a step in the right direction. It's probably a mix between Source and Source 2 anyways.

Sajjaja

I should really work on a skin.. but I'd rather model a whole new gun than texture one that already exists lol.
Id work on a map if Hammer Editor wouldnt be so god damn painful to work with, it's worse than Bethesdas Gamebryo/Creation Engine - and that one is already a paaaain in my ass. Ever since I tried UE4 its hard to go back to.. well anything else, really.

Guy who made the asimov must be making LOADSSS A MONAYYY

soultron

Banned
I've worked with many different editors in my job. Hammer is only really painful because the UI and the navigation is awful compared to more modern tools and the reliance on the grid. If you want to do really basic stuff, it's fairly quick to get up off the ground right away since it has brushes, but you could argue that, for that reason, it's better to go with UE4 (has brushes as well and a really powerful terrain editor and scripting tools) now if you're not trying to make content for a Valve game.

Yeah, the Asiimov guy is assuredly making a lot of money. He has several skins on the Marketplace now. I think he's said that the money has allowed him to fund his own videogame company endeavour. Someone I follow on twitter got laid off from his studio, got a skin featured in one of the cases, and I've not really seen him looking for work since he landed the skin. :) I think the average for skins is something in the neighbourhood of 20-45K, maps are about the same or higher on the low end of the earning scale. The thing to consider is that a map takes considerably more effort/time, but there's less competition since more effort/time is required.

soultron

Banned
Im pretty sure Marquis is like parts of 3 CoD maps put together

It's such a visually impressive map, which is a shame. I feel there are lots of problems with the game though, mainly the vertical range of the playable space (from lowest point on the map to the highest) and the complicated colour palettes and geometry. It looks great, but there are so many places to look (again, verticality plays in here) and it's not always easy to read the environment to pick out players against the various colours of certain parts of the map.

Dust 2 is a competitive map classic, I think, because it's mainly horizontal aiming (little to no verticality involved), the colour palette is simple and allows for very high readability, and the routes are simple enough that rotations take just the right amount of time without it being confusing.

MayMay

Banned
Played with a EU group during the day, ranked up twice. Played with a US group at night - managed to keep my rank. Success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom