• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

deleted

I played a few rounds today and tried some (all?) of the new maps.

I have to say, I like all of them! Sugarcane has a nice sense of verticality, that is missing in most shooter maps today (in an unrelated matter: I hope vertigo finds its way back into the game).
Bank and the Town/Harbour map are nice condensed but open maps. The rest is also very compact, but still balanced for 5v5.
Valve should add a few more playlists, I would use one for the new maps only. Most servers play only the old ones, which are still good - but old ;)

Oh, and I need some more Arsenal maps. The mode is fun, but two maps doesn't cut it!

Does anyone else have sound problems with running this on PC?

I need to set the volume to 0.01 out of 100 to not have it drown out any other application running. Even then it is kind of too loud. Very annoying if you use this with Mumble, or a music player, or a browser with a stream running.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Does everyone use Raw mouse input? I can't play worth shit with it on.

For pc gamers it allows people with really good mice to get raw values from instead of letting windows do the work. Unless you got a good mouse do not use this it will make it worse.

I've used raw mouse input with a deathadder, mx518 and now I use G400.

f@luS

More than a member.
wait

people told me on ps3 that mouse player cant be mixed with pad player

now they are? !

It makes the mouse movement come directly from the mouse instead of going through Windows settings.
but a ps3 doesn't have windows? i guess it's just a leftover option from a lazy port.

f@lus said:
wait

people told me on ps3 that mouse player cant be mixed with pad player

now they are? !
they could since the beginning afaik, but it's not really a big deal imo.

bob page

I like CS:GO and all but I think I prefer Source at the end of the day.

I love the new buy menu, updated graphics, 5v5 matches and feel of some of the weapons but overall I think Source is a more polished game.

That's not to say I won't continue to play both side-by-side but I really doubt this'll pick up in terms of eSports. I actually find Source much harder and GO much easier, I'm not sure why.

Did you play Source when it was released? It definitely wasn't as polished as this- I remember tons of people bitching and wanting to go back to 1.6.

charsace

I love the new buy menu, updated graphics, 5v5 matches and feel of some of the weapons but overall I think Source is a more polished game.

That's not to say I won't continue to play both side-by-side but I really doubt this'll pick up in terms of eSports. I actually find Source much harder and GO much easier, I'm not sure why.
From what I played of this the shooting feels better. Feels like I have more control in this game than I do in source.

Shadybiz

Much more satisfying than killing guys in most fps games. The reward in this game is getting a kill and not xp bonuses.

Oh yeah, I'm usually delighted if I manage to get a kill before being popped. One time, I got 3 in one round, which felt fantastic.

Xero

Did you play Source when it was released? It definitely wasn't as polished as this- I remember tons of people bitching and wanting to go back to 1.6.

Source definitely wasn't any better on launch. People seem to think source released with all default maps and everything good to go from the beginning. We had to wait awhile to get all the t and ct skins. Most of the maps weren't their either. For those people wanting new maps, not from previous games. Well if you are on pc thats what custom map servers are for. I've played a good few custom maps on my clans server that have already been converted to go. Valve isn't really known for releasing many never before seen maps on counter-strike releases. They generally leave that up to the community.

Its taking me awhile to get used to the rifles in go after so much source. I'm still loving it though. Dualies and shotguns are amazing though. I've gotten so many kills with dualies. Successfully baiting someone with a decoy grenade so you can shoot them in the back of the head is priceless as well. Love the molotovs also. Great at slowing down or completing stopping rushes. Their is definitely a lot more new in this then their was in source.

EDIT: blahburn it was crashing to the desktop for me too. Its also now fine.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
yes-I-killed-my-team-mate1-1012x1024.jpg

rCIZZLE

Much more satisfying than killing guys in most fps games. The reward in this game is getting a kill and not xp bonuses.

More to it than that. At least for me in scrims a kill means +$300 and more importantly negating their investment. Love delivering a -5750 on an awper during a full save/deag round.

edit: Seems CS-GAF is already dying. not a good look lol

Anyone else from Europe playing on PS3?
I bought it on my US PSN account, as I didn't want to wait anymore, and I get some really bad lag at times, super frustrating. Sometimes it works perfectly too.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I bought it on my US PSN account, as I didn't want to wait anymore, and I get some really bad lag at times, super frustrating. Sometimes it works perfectly too.

There are times when I successfully circle strafe a guy so that I'm watching his back, and one frame later I get shot by that guy, my corpse magically appearing right in front of him.

I hate when that happens. Feels like playing in an alternative reality which happens to be set a few seconds in the past.

I´m from europe with a pretty good connection but i encounter the same issue. Pretty frustrating when you think back to the old days with 1.6.

TTP, are you playing with move controls?

does anyone know how to turn off that greyscale filter at the beginning of a spawn? It's really annoying. Same with the weird blurred towards the edges of the screen thing

Fox318

I'm with you.

CS:Go is good but I still like Source over it. I think it's because Source is a little faster.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I'm with you.

CS:Go is good but I still like Source over it. I think it's because Source is a little faster.

Source has had eight years to settle in, whereas GO just came out this year. It will get more polish over the coming months.

PandaL

Still no word on the EU PS3 release?

No word yet. :(

Yep, I also faced that issue. Some lobbies had no lag while some lobbies had terrible lag.

I think its because of the less players in EU region so that sometimes we play in US lobbies. I'm sure we won't face this problem once they release in the EU region.

Naked Lunch

Love the shotguns in this game
Me too. Apparently shotguns in CS are frowned upon tho by all the cool kiddies online. I killed some dude with it once and he did nothing but scream at the top of his lungs about what a big noob I am - and called me every name in the book with some real anger. By about the 3rd time I shotgunned him, he was "wishing my grandmother dies tomorrow". I cant make this stuff up. Online kids, I swear...

Xero

dualies + sawed off in the inferno apartments are awesome. For me the change in recoil seems to have made picking the right weapons a lot more important. The recoil can be pretty bad on the rifles in this one, so I don't necessarily want to use them over the smg and shotguns in tight areas. Mid to long range is still rightfully the domain of the rifles though.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Me too. Apparently shotguns in CS are frowned upon tho by all the cool kiddies online. I killed some dude with it once and he did nothing but scream at the top of his lungs about what a big noob I am - and called me every name in the book with some real anger. By about the 3rd time I shotgunned him, he was "wishing my grandmother dies tomorrow". I cant make this stuff up. Online kids, I swear...

I was running around Italy's apartments with the sawed-off shotgun, and every time I killed enemy players, I was yelled at for camping. Someone was even kind enough to call me a "cockc**t," which was a new one.

Zia

Is anyone else having issues joining games? Keeps putting me with all bots...

I've been having this issue as well the past few days using the matchmaking. It connects me to empty servers, or Euro servers. Tonight I bot-stomped by myself for a map before deciding to go play TF2. : (

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom